Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-07-24, 3:31pm

Default Beads of Courage eBook is ready and on our website

Hi everyone, for a few months now I've been hard at work putting together a collection of 20 Beads of Courage tutorials by 20 very talented bead artists, and it is finally ready! It is named Hot Glass for Cool Kids (Laurie Ament came up with the name).
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can get it on the Soda Lime Times website at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or just click my signature below. All of the proceeds go directly to Beads of Courage.

The eBook is 106 pages long and is only $20. It will be delivered to you as an immediate download (PDF) through eJunkie. Let me just say that eJunkie is doing this for us for free because it's BOC! When you go to pay for the eBook you'll go directly to the Beads of Courage PayPal page so the funds go straight to them the minute you buy the eBook.

The artists who contributed to this collection are Laurie Ament, Elizabeth Bunn, Dawn Ceccacci, Debi Cogwell, Suzanne Fragiacomo, Lori Gerrnberg, Marcy Lamberson, Karen Leonardo, Mary Lockwood, Christie Modesti, Sharon Peters, Lori Peterson, Debbie Pierce, Heather Sellers, Robert Simmons, Shannon Vickers, Jeri Warhaftig, Sue Webb, Jolene Wolfe, and Diane Woodall. I am so proud of each and every one of them!

Here is a photo of the beads in the eBook. And if you are at the Gathering, the beads are at the Beads of Courage table in the vendor area. Stop by and see them and tell Ashley I said hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-25, 11:31am

Diane, I'm so proud of you for doing this for BOC! I'm sure this, like everything else you do, is fantastic. I applaud your dedication & tireless effort to get this done for all the children.
Big grateful hugs,
ginger
Old 2013-07-25, 11:33am

Oh yeah, a great big thx to eJunkie as well!
ginger
Old 2013-07-25, 11:34am

And....all of the contribution artists!
Marvelous!
ginger
Old 2013-07-25, 11:50am

Thanks Ginger, coming from BOC's top producing bead artist that means a lot. I'm sure the other artists feel the same.

So how many thousand beads have you made so far this year?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-27, 10:42am
Chief Creative Goddess

Got it and can hardly wait to try some! Thanks for doing this Diane--awesome all the way! Smiles, Sheri

Old 2013-07-29, 10:20am

Thanks so much Sheri. As of today we have sold 337 copies...that is $6740 in sales for Beads of Courage! I am so happy.

Old 2013-07-29, 5:57pm

I am so honored to be a part of this smashing fundraising success. Thank you Diane for giving us this chance to turn our little words into such BIG money. Your commitment and personal investment of your energies is inspiring. Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2013-07-30, 7:42am

That's fantastic Diane! How exciting!

Hugs,
ginger
Old 2013-07-30, 5:30pm

Thank You Diane!! You've done a wonderful job and I'm very honored to be a part of it.

Robert
Old 2013-07-31, 9:24am

Thanks Jeri, Ginger and Robert. It has been such a rewarding experience and we are getting very close to having sold 400 copies! We may hit that number today sometime.

Old 2013-07-31, 7:59pm
Your Royal Fritness

Wow almost 400 copies sold, that's awesome!

Old 2013-08-01, 10:29am

Yippee....it really is worth it!
Old 2013-08-01, 12:10pm

Just got mine and it looks AMAZING!

Big thanks to everyone that was involved in creating this book!
Old 2013-09-09, 7:33pm
Got Honey?

I know I'm late but I just got mine and I can't wait to play!! Such wonderful tutorials from everyone for a great cause