No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-12-23, 11:25am
It's all about the color.

Default Double Helix Color List

I'm trying to come up with a list of all the colors Double Helix has had so far. Here are the colors I know of. If anyone knows of a color that's not on this list, please let me know. For my purposes, only those colors that actually received names please.

Aion
Aion 2
Calcedony
Dark Star
Elektra
Emerald City
Gaia
Kentucky Bourbon
Khaos
Kronos
Kronos 2
Luna
Nebula
Northern Lights (would love to see a pix of this rod)
Nyx
Olympic Rain
Olympic Rain 2
Pacific Mist
Passion Flower
Psyche
Purple Nebula
Rhubarb
Silver Stone
Sugar Plum

Terra
Terranova

Anything else? Thanks for your help on this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Listenup; 2007-12-23 at 7:26pm.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:24pm
Ezzy

I just got an order in the mail yesterday. There are three rods of Khaos, I think it's a new color.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:36pm
BeadsonCypress

Isn't Hades one of theirs too?

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2007-12-23, 12:38pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadsoncypress View Post
Isn't Hades one of theirs too?
Hades is CiM.

I think there was officially an Olympia Rain 2. I have rods that I got from other people that are labeled that.

Old 2007-12-23, 1:20pm

anyone have pictures of beads made with rhubarb, purple nebula or passion flower?? I have never heard of these???

Old 2007-12-23, 1:47pm
FatCat Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by josielv View Post
anyone have pictures of beads made with rhubarb, purple nebula or passion flower?? I have never heard of these???
I don't have pics, but I do know that these are some of the first colors they came out with. I'm still sitting on a tiny stash of shorts I got on eBay about 2 1/2 years ago of those colors.

Teri

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2007-12-23, 2:17pm
Sheryll

They just released a bunch of odds a week or two ago. Some are still up on their site.

Khaos is their newest version of Terra, I think.
The odds I know about are T-107, K-113, and H-117.
Old 2007-12-23, 2:22pm
Broken

Silver Stone is one of their early colors, looks like silvered ivory but denser. I'd KILL for more of this color!

Old 2007-12-23, 3:01pm
Gay rights R human rights

Pacific Mist. Kind of a coppery pinky sparkle colour...I have about 4 rods left

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-12-23, 3:19pm
Trying to Hope!

mmmm I love the Northern Lights in rod form I will try and post a pic

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-12-23, 3:20pm
Trying to Hope!

I soooo want a bag of shorts Mystery even just fun to try and play with that I wouldnt feel soooo horrible if I didnt get good color out of them

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-12-23, 3:22pm
Color Outside The Lines!

Default Old Color Names

Also "Emerald City, Calcedony, Sugar Plum, and Kentucky Bourbon".
I found a box of old stuff when cleaning the shop the other day. The newer colors are way better. I am particularly interested in hearing how you like the new "Khaos". It is my favorite so far.
Jed
Old 2007-12-23, 3:24pm
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Helix Glassworks View Post
I found a box of old stuff when cleaning the shop the other day. The newer colors are way better. I am particularly interested in hearing how you like the new "Khaos". It is my favorite so far.
Jed

Wanna part with that box???

Old 2007-12-23, 3:27pm
Trying to Hope!

yeah I want some

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-12-23, 3:34pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Jed
I can't wait to see what everyone has done with Khaos. When will it be available for purchase?

Old 2007-12-23, 4:15pm
sunscreen me baby

I want that sugar plum!!! My favorite color by far.

~

Old 2007-12-23, 6:07pm

Yea has anybody melted it yet??
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-12-23, 6:38pm

Quote:
Jed
I played with mine today and was blown away by the range of color. The effects were easy to achieve too. I LOVE Terra, but I think Khaos is my favorite so far also. Kudos on another fantastic glass!!

Old 2007-12-23, 7:44pm

josielv asked:
>>anyone have pictures of beads made with rhubarb, purple nebula or passion flower?? I have never heard of these???<<

Can do. These are only of frit, and sometimes frit does not behave as the solid glass, but here are the frits from all of the Double Helix colors I have (which I also have in the list in the first post in black).

When I get this massive frit project done, these are the colors of Double Helix's that will be included (except for new releases). IF Jed would like to part with about an inch of the colors I don't have, listed in Magenta, I would be pleased to include them. For more info on the project or to see other sample pages, just follow the link in my signature. My bead count on this project is now 6800 frit beads done. I know that the early colors were not released as frits, and that's why I'm giving him the option of whether or not he would like it included, but it's nice to be able to give someone an image of a color when they ask for it.

I do thank you all for the help on making this list more complete.

Huge Holiday Hugs!!!

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2007-12-24, 10:47am

Thank you Kay, that is so great!!!!!!!!! So those the rhubarb and the passion flower and sugar plum are older colors and not available for purchase?? Just my luck, haaahaa

Old 2007-12-24, 5:05pm

Yes, they are older colors. I was just checking because someone (in the bathroom) mentioned Northern Lights was from DH and the only Northern Lights I had heard of was Caliente. Since I hadn't heard of DH having Northern Lights, I was curious to know what other colors they had that I was unaware of.

Old 2007-12-25, 7:06pm

I played with my khaos today. Oh my God, I love it! The color is fabulous....... well going into the kliln anyway. I will see tomorrow.