Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-05-23, 11:08am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Question Another Lauscha Question

They don't make stringers, do they? If they don't, someone should tell them they should. I'd buy a boatload of Olive and Steel Blue for starters!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-23, 5:10pm

Looks like they have them in Europe, maybe Frank could get them in for you?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-23, 9:11pm

Maybe you could find someone here in the US that likes to pull stringers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barbara
Old 2013-05-25, 5:41am

What size stringers should they be? 1mm? 2mm....thicker?

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-05-25, 7:36am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Oh wow, so they do make them...but they are far far away... hmmmm, I just might ask Frank to carry them.

Duane, I'd love for them to be about 2mm. It would be so much easier to make my scale beads if I had them!
The Lauscha rods are pretty thick and I sit with my wee HH trying to melt 10mm rods to get stringers. LOL

Old 2013-05-26, 3:16am

Hi, Amber,

When do you need the Lauscha stringers?
I live 8 Miles away from Ani (Anibeads.com), she sells Lauscha stringers. Also I will visit Lauscha glassworks next month. I will suggest to the glasswork supervisor, Mr. Seifert, to offer COE 104 stringer for the US market.

Since I will attend the Gathering in July I could purchase the Lauscha stringers here in Germany for you, take it with me to the Gathering and ship it to you within the US.
PM me if you like,

greets from very rainy Germany,

Kerstin
Old 2013-05-26, 9:09am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Kerstin, what a lovely gesture! I don't need them any time soon...it's more of a want vs. a need but I won't turn down an offer to get some shipped to me! I'd just need about a pound of the Olive and a pound of Steel Blue.

Old 2013-05-26, 9:38am
Certified Glassaholic!

Can I tag along with Amber??

Old 2013-05-26, 9:58am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Seriously, Lauscha distributors here would make a killing if they got stringers here.

Old 2013-05-26, 6:17pm

Amber, "want" and "need" are the same! I certainly cannot tell the difference......

Barbara
Old 2013-05-26, 6:35pm

Hi,

I will check the Lauscha glasswork for stringers in olive and steel blue. If the stringers are available, I will post it or pm you.

Cross fingers,

Kerstin
Old 2013-05-26, 6:36pm
balanced but asymmetrical

I'd be in for a pound each of the steel blue and olive, if this gains bulk buy momentum.

Old 2013-05-26, 6:59pm
Angie09

Me too. A pound of each here please if at all possible.
Old 2013-05-27, 11:49am

Just an FYI. Lauscha has made a lot of 2 to 4 mm glass but it is the most expensive glass that they make as they price by size. We do have 2 to 4 mm clear. And it is expensive!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-05-28, 4:52pm

Location: 6 month in Ontario and 6 month in either Michigan or Florida

when it comes to glass " What's expensive?" LOL

Micki

Old 2013-05-29, 2:39pm

I've got a bit of the 2-4mm dark teal/steel blue (not listed on my website because I already have 3 sizes of that on there!)
Shipping to the US is a killer, though, so this might be of more use to people in Europe. I don't normally go under the 4-6mm size because of the cost increase.

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-06-08, 2:44pm

Default Prosit....

as you see in the picture we habe stringers of size 1-2 mm (also in clear) newer stringers from LAUSCHA are most 2-4mm.
LAUSCHE not often produce stringers under 2mm. In that picture you see older charges. We often visit LAUSCHA to find "juwels" like that.

Prosit......regards Matze (
)

Last edited by bead_matze; 2013-06-08 at 2:47pm.
Old 2013-06-08, 11:52pm

I saw this gorgeous glass full of fine stringers at Ani's place and got me some!!!
Lots of colors and awesome to work with!

Special thanks to Ani and Matthias for a great glassy afternoon and your hospitality,
Kerstin
Old 2013-06-10, 7:15am

I do have 2 to 4 mm clear is anyone needs it.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-07-02, 8:06am
Queen Tut ;)

Chiming in that I would buy stringers in a heart beat of olive, steel blue, and maybe a couple others. I would fully expect the cost to be higher, as that's normal for the convenience factor. I can only imagine the time saved for HH users pulling their own stringers, fully worth the extra cost...IMO