No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2011-12-07, 11:08pm
Entropy increasing....

Very cool, thanks for sharing, Sharon!
Old 2011-12-08, 12:02am

Great idea Sharon, and the suggestion to bend the wire into an earwire for an instant earring...brilliant! I think I'll make some this weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-12-08, 7:11am
FireandFibers

Default .

Here are my poppy headpins:
Attached Images

Fire & Fibers Website:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-12-08, 8:17am
Somewhat out there!

Such a pretty bouquet.

Julianne
Old 2011-12-08, 9:07am

These are really fun! Kalera is right, you can get so much more detail and designs on these without worrying about the wire melting. Yay! I'm off to do some more.

Old 2011-12-08, 9:16am
sunscreen me baby

Love the poppies! I just made a couple little murrine ones to test the technique. I am thinking these would be fun little post earrings for teens.

~

Old 2011-12-08, 11:07am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Sharon, THANK YOU for the tutorial! I couldn't wait to try it out.
Here's a crappy photo. I didn't want to move them around too much because they are still curing.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-12-08, 11:28am
I'm a lilac!

Cute... I love them!

Old 2011-12-08, 11:43am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Thanks Kalera!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-12-08, 11:50am
FireandFibers

Thanks Suzy and Julianne! I make mine a bit different than the tutorial....no gluing, just torched directly on wire.

Fire & Fibers Website:

Old 2011-12-08, 12:03pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Those poppies are amazing, Elizabeth!

*f

Old 2011-12-08, 12:11pm
Flame Dames Rule!

GO LORI and ELIZABETH - those are really great!

And maybe we could post pics of how we use the headpins? Here are some of mine, all from several years ago. Recently all the headpins I've been making are for the steampunk compound beads (heads, hands, little bitty dicks, etc):
Attached Images

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2011-12-08, 12:19pm
I'm a lilac!

Little bitty dicks!

Old 2011-12-08, 12:27pm
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Little bitty dicks!
I know!

~

Old 2011-12-08, 2:59pm

I still have not seen the little bitty dicks!
Old 2011-12-08, 3:37pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I was waiting for those when I looked at the pictures, but alas....not a bitty dick in sight...sigh.....

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2011-12-08, 6:35pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I love the idea of making them on mandrels it would be so much cleaner. Thanks so much for sharing.

I made these flowers and leaves directly on 18g copper wire and them just wired them into the pendant and ear rings. It's quick and painless except for dealing the fire scale.

Old 2011-12-08, 7:15pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadbug View Post
I love the idea of making them on mandrels it would be so much cleaner. Thanks so much for sharing.

I made these flowers and leaves directly on 18g copper wire and them just wired them into the pendant and ear rings. It's quick and painless except for dealing the fire scale.

Very pretty!

Old 2011-12-08, 7:24pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Lovely work, Tracy! I especially like the way you clustered them with the big endcap - cool!

Sharon Peters

Old 2011-12-09, 5:47am
A True Woofer

I made a bunch of flowers on copper wire and to shine it back up, I'd soak them in white vinegar and then scrub the wire with a green scrubbie thing.

Old 2011-12-09, 9:27am

Oh bother, I'm putting in a request to the Wizard to just change me into Sharon Peters.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2011-12-09, 9:27am
I'm a lilac!

I used pickle on the ones I made yesterday... perfectly clean and pink! I am thinking about using a little patina solution on them for an antique copper finish.

I had so much fun making them that I'm going to make 36 more today!

Old 2011-12-09, 10:59am
Flame Dames Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbeads View Post
Oh bother, I'm putting in a request to the Wizard to just change me into Sharon Peters.

-D
You don't want to do that... you'd have to do the diet in January!

Sharon Peters

Old 2011-12-09, 10:59am
Flame Dames Rule!

Pictures, Kalera - we need pictures!

Sharon Peters

Old 2011-12-09, 11:05am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonP View Post
Pictures, Kalera - we need pictures!
Soon! It might take me a while, I'm always about a week behind on this sort of thing. Maybe I should just take a pic with my phone...

Old 2011-12-09, 11:17am
I'm a lilac!

OK, here's a terrible awful phone pic! I'll take better pics on Monday...

Old 2011-12-09, 7:05pm
Bead Imp

Sharon, you're the bestest!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Old 2011-12-09, 7:32pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Dang it... I keep planning on making some of these then forgetting once I get to the studio! I need to make myself a note

Old 2011-12-10, 6:24pm

Sharon, I love those earrings! And the ones on those little springs, so cool!
Tracy, those are really pretty!
Kalera, those came out great! 36?!? Wow!
These took me a couple days. It's not all I did but still....
Just before epoxying. I knew I wanted dangles for a bracelet and earrings so I just went ahead and did loops.

Old 2011-12-10, 6:31pm
Loving learning

Really nice Rebecca! Did you glue both ends of the wire in the mandrel hole?