LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-03-15, 10:02am

Default New Cow tutorial

It's been a while since I wrote my first Tutorial (plop the penguin), but at last I have managed to write a new one.
I hope you like it.
http://www.beadenvy.co.uk/cow-tutorial.htm
Emma xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-03-15, 10:31am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

WONDERFUL tutorial, Emma!
I love the finished cow - I think I may try
to do the piggie!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-03-15, 10:55am

Ooo let me know how you get on Karen! I would love to seea picture when your done.

Old 2008-03-16, 7:23am
Bead Imp

Oh how adorable! I can't wait to try it!

Old 2008-03-16, 8:05am

Emma, great tut! Your descriptions crack me up. I'm definitely firing up the torch today to try this. Laundry be damned!
Old 2008-03-16, 12:36pm
Corgi Cult Member

Very cute Emma! Great instructions!

Old 2008-03-21, 9:20pm

You sure have a way with words! I was laughing out loud all through your tutorial. Thank you, I know I will be trying out some animals soon .
Old 2008-03-22, 11:15am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol View Post
You sure have a way with words! I was laughing out loud all through your tutorial. Thank you, I know I will be trying out some animals soon .
Aw thanks Carol Please do feel free to send me any pictures of your cow/plop beads I would love to add them to my site.

Em xx

Old 2008-03-22, 12:20pm

Well, Emma, I started out getting everything together to make a cow, but ended up making a maltese doggy and a dalmation. Still, if I had not seen your cow tutorial I never would have even attempted these. They are both cute but I will use them as prototypes and examples of what NOT to do next time! I must have worked on that dalmation for over an hour just trying to keep it from being thrown into the trash bead pile. Anyways, I am having so much fun making animals, fish, turtles. Hey, I figure if my beads aren't selling, make animals! At least I am having more fun making stuff. Right?

I think I'll make a cow today . I'm in a cow mooooooooooooood. hehehe
Old 2008-03-22, 12:48pm

Quote:
Well, Emma, I started out getting everything together to make a cow, but ended up making a maltese doggy and a dalmation. Still, if I had not seen your cow tutorial I never would have even attempted these. They are both cute but I will use them as prototypes and examples of what NOT to do next time! I must have worked on that dalmation for over an hour just trying to keep it from being thrown into the trash bead pile. Anyways, I am having so much fun making animals, fish, turtles. Hey, I figure if my beads aren't selling, make animals! At least I am having more fun making stuff. Right?

I think I'll make a cow today . I'm in a cow mooooooooooooood. hehehe
YAY!!! Thats brilliant! You have got the whole point of my tutorials, Thank you. Make critters or anything you like for that matter but always have fun

Old 2008-03-22, 12:58pm
moth to the flame

Great tut Emma!

You are such a sweetie for doing this!

I am moooved to try a cow today!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-03-22, 3:26pm

Oh, that's so funny, BeadMaven, LOL!

I have a moo-cow in the kiln! Good sign, my DS knew it was a cow before I put it in!
Well, I have to admit the first cow went swimming in my torch water. It was just hopeless.

I'll post pics soon as possible, probably Monday.
Old 2008-03-22, 4:28pm

Quote:

I have a moo-cow in the kiln! Good sign, my DS knew it was a cow before I put it in!
Well, I have to admit the first cow went swimming in my torch water. It was just hopeless.

Oooo thats great news I'll look out for it!

Old 2008-03-22, 6:30pm
moth to the flame

Quote:

I didn't make it to the torch today but maybe tomorrow.
I can't wait to see yours, I'll be watching for it!

Old 2008-03-23, 12:34pm

My cow looks like a cow but when I came back to look at the pictures of the cow in the tutorial I saw something I didn't see the first time! That cow has two pink circles on the nose with holes in the middle. My cow has a pig nose, LOL. I'll show ya tomorrow anyways. I know you will laugh, but that's ok. Next time, I'll make it with a cow nose!
Old 2008-03-24, 11:06am

I had a great time making the cows, pigs and a cat. Then, it being Easter, I started making bunnies. That's when I figured out how limb-impaired I am. I have no idea how to go about making bunny ears.

I tried attached a 3mm rod and melting about an inch up but the ear balls up at the end and my tweezers and mashers just made the bunny look like he'd been roughed up by a bully.

My next thought is to made a paddle of white with a pink stripe in the middle and then pull it to the right width and then try to attach it. I suspect I'll be just as hopeless at making arms and legs that aren't resting on the body of the animal. Does any body have any tips for the structured bead impaired?

jgraff

Old 2008-03-24, 11:44am

Default my cow

with the pig nose:
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-24, 11:46am

Default my first and second Maltese doggies

I like my first one best on these!
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-24, 12:15pm

Carol, that works for a cow's nose too. (I think.) That's closer to what I do.
Old 2008-03-24, 12:18pm

Ok, I'll keep it then . At least it looks like a cow! I don't know what the one I threw into the torch water looked like. A mess!
Old 2008-03-24, 1:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraff View Post
I had a great time making the cows, pigs and a cat. Then, it being Easter, I started making bunnies. That's when I figured out how limb-impaired I am. I have no idea how to go about making bunny ears.

I tried attached a 3mm rod and melting about an inch up but the ear balls up at the end and my tweezers and mashers just made the bunny look like he'd been roughed up by a bully.

My next thought is to made a paddle of white with a pink stripe in the middle and then pull it to the right width and then try to attach it. I suspect I'll be just as hopeless at making arms and legs that aren't resting on the body of the animal. Does any body have any tips for the structured bead impaired?

jgraff
Well done you! A cow, a pig and a cat Yay for you for giving it all a go!
Hmmm I think I read somewhere that the paddle of white with a pink stripe is what most peeps do. If it was me though I would slowly stack the ear dots. Do a dot on top of bunny head where you want the ear to be, gently flatten it, heat the top and add another dot, flatten again till you get a good stack and then heat, squish with your pliers, heat again and using pliers, pull the squished stack upwards slightly. Repeat till the ear is nice and long, then heat the top of ear and bend down with trusty pliers. Did that make any sense at all?....thought not! oh well go back to the paddle/pink stripe method....at least that can be understood LOL

Old 2008-03-24, 1:37pm

Awww Carol that cow is sooooo cute! Thank you so much for really understanding what I was saying in the toot. Learn how to make a cow and then you can almost see how most critters could be made the same way. That dog is Brilliant just brilliant!!

Old 2008-03-24, 3:49pm
moth to the flame

OK, here is my "how now brown cow". lol

I was in a brown moood

I need a bit of practice but he sure was fun t00 make! lol

Thanks again Emma!

Old 2008-03-24, 4:27pm

I really, REALLY love your cow BeadMaven!
Old 2008-03-24, 5:09pm

OK Emma, not sure I followed with all of those technical terms and all!!! Heeeeeeee heeeee this is such a great tutorial and you make it look so easy!!

Old 2008-03-24, 5:39pm
moth to the flame

Quote:
I really, REALLY love your cow BeadMaven!
Thanks Carol!!! I went back and caught up and love you little doggie - so sweet!!! Real looking too! WoW!

Old 2008-03-24, 5:44pm
Tired but joyful!!

Thanks for the tut!!

Cute moo moo cows, Carol and Dona!! Adorable.
Cute maltese, too.

Buy from those you love, to give to those you love.
Old 2008-03-24, 7:31pm

Thanks BeadMaven and AnnieQ . I'm doing boro tonight, I wonder if I could do a doggy with boro more easily. It's too melty with soft glass! I just might have to give it a try though.
Old 2008-03-24, 10:31pm

Here's my piggies

My bunnies

and my cow and cat and my attempt at a bunny using a paddle for the ears. The tip of one ear broke off and the ears still look too fine. The other bunnies ears are much stronger if mis-shapen.

These are sooo fun!

I think my beasties need bodies though. That will have to be next. Maybe I'll make the bodies seperate and then they'll be interchangeable.

jgraff

Old 2008-03-25, 3:21am

That is a great tutorial,I am gonna have a go .Cows are so cute,especially yours!
Thank You