LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2021-10-25, 1:42am

Default How to make these fuming pattern?

Hello everyone!

I am new in lampworking. I find the galaxy sphere is very beautiful, I want to make by myself, so I am here!

I recently find some interesting fuming pattern from web but I dont know how to make it, they looks very beautiful

For the line pattern (1st photo) , does it make by fuming inside the tube then lined with clear and melt it into sphere?

And for the droplet/water wave pattern (2nd photo), does it make by simply adding clear onto the surface and not melt it too much?

I really want to make them myself but dont know how

Any ideas for these pattern?
Attached Images

Old 2021-11-16, 10:35am
Resident Luny

I wish I knew, that is lovely! The bottom ones just look like the the glass has been made uneven on the top, which just lets light through differently. Take a round bead and flatten different planes on top to make like a rock shape?

Welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2021-11-17, 6:18am

is this style close to what you are looking for? i'll post up a step by step on how to achieve the "chaos" pattern in a couple hours (at work now) but in the mean time, if you google "glassline magazine & chaos marble" you'll probably find a tutorial or a write up of the technique.
either way i'll get back to this asap and give you the low down..it's pretty easy really, and an absolute blast to work with.
Attached Images

Old 2021-11-17, 9:46pm
Marblemaker in the making

I'd be interested in the writeup. I read the tutorial on GlassLine, but it's not quite what I'm trying to achieve.
Old 2021-11-18, 2:41pm

Me too! I love your chaos opal marbles.

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.

Last edited by Jeri; 2021-11-18 at 6:40pm.
Old 2021-11-22, 5:20pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Default Marble

Me too!!! Thanks

@cristallo_perle
Old 2022-01-11, 12:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunesse View Post
I wish I knew, that is lovely! The bottom ones just look like the the glass has been made uneven on the top, which just lets light through differently. Take a round bead and flatten different planes on top to make like a rock shape?

Welcome!

I think so, I will try that later. Thank you!
Old 2022-01-11, 12:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 View Post
is this style close to what you are looking for? i'll post up a step by step on how to achieve the "chaos" pattern in a couple hours (at work now) but in the mean time, if you google "glassline magazine & chaos marble" you'll probably find a tutorial or a write up of the technique.
either way i'll get back to this asap and give you the low down..it's pretty easy really, and an absolute blast to work with.
Your chaos marble is amazing! I made some chaos marbles but cannot get result like yours.

And also, I do think this style is close to what I am looking for. I just dunno the technique.