AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-02-18, 10:12am
Rose colored glasses…√

This tutorial is, perhaps, more fabulous than anticipated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2012-02-18, 10:26am
Storm Queen

Thanks everyone! That darn Storm Tutorial was a hard act to follow.

Old 2012-02-18, 11:46am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivianLampwork View Post
This is a very good tutorial.
Seconded. It lives up to it's title completely.

Old 2012-02-18, 12:16pm

Just got mine, looks wonderful! Thanks for the instant download too.

Jo K.
Old 2012-02-18, 11:56pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Just read through the tutorial and it looks great. I can't wait to play tomorrow.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2012-02-19, 8:51am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

I started a Webbing thread in the Gallery section - but I wanted to post them here too. Here are some webbers that I made from Amy's Wonderful tutorial yesterday..... I really, really LOVE this technique! I wonder if I can get it into a marble somehow...hmmmmm
Attached Images

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2012-02-19, 10:11am
Storm Queen

Wow those are GORGEOUS! I'm sure you can do a marble with it.

Old 2012-02-19, 12:07pm
Live and Let Live

Amy, for those who have your other tutorial which includes a 'chapter' on webbing too, what is the advantage of purchasing this new Webbing Techniques Guide?

Old 2012-02-19, 12:26pm

Amy... Just outstanding! Can't wait to give it a try!
Old 2012-02-19, 12:29pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGalore View Post
Amy, for those who have your other tutorial which includes a 'chapter' on webbing too, what is the advantage of purchasing this new Webbing Techniques Guide?
Good question! I included the standard webbing technique in my Storm Tutorial having no idea that 2 years plus later, I'd have taken the webbing technique to a whole different level. This new tutorial has step by step instructions on Standard Webbing, Heavy Webbing, Dirty Webbing, Webbing with Silver Foil, Webbing with an Activator and Webbed Dots. There is also a color guide for every Double Helix glass color that the techniques work well on.

Old 2012-02-19, 12:30pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
Amy... Just outstanding! Can't wait to give it a try!
Thanks so much!

And thanks to all those that have sent me nice emails, PM's and FB comments. I appreciate all of it!

Old 2012-02-19, 12:38pm
Live and Let Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Good question! I included the standard webbing technique in my Storm Tutorial having no idea that 2 years plus later, I'd have taken the webbing technique to a whole different level. This new tutorial has step by step instructions on Standard Webbing, Heavy Webbing, Dirty Webbing, Webbing with Silver Foil, Webbing with an Activator and Webbed Dots. There is also a color guide for every Double Helix glass color that the techniques work well on.
Thank you for the detailed answer. Definitely tells me there is plenty more to learn and I'll have to get this one too!

Old 2012-02-20, 11:35am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I own both the storm tutorial and the webbing tutorial and love them both. They are two of my favorites! I love all the details Amy puts into her tutorials and different examples of what glasses look like once the technique is used. The Webbing Tutorial is another hit as far as I'm concerned! Thanks Amy!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2012-02-21, 4:46am

Smile

What a fast download! Just a super tutorial with step by step and gorgeous pictures! Thank you for sharing this beautiful technique.
Old 2012-02-21, 2:29pm
Storm Queen

Thank so much Patsy! That means a lot.

Thank you Shirley! I hope everyone has fun playing at the torch!

Old 2012-02-21, 6:18pm
Mad about Glass

I'm not getting very good results and I know I'm doing something wrong. I wonder if I'm reducing too much as I tend to overdo everything. I just get a solid block of tan reduction that doesn't break up.

Any suggestions?

[url]

Old 2012-02-21, 7:05pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
I'm not getting very good results and I know I'm doing something wrong. I wonder if I'm reducing too much as I tend to overdo everything. I just get a solid block of tan reduction that doesn't break up.

Any suggestions?
Someone else had this problem too. You know when I say "up to 25 seconds"? Well I guess depending on your set up it can take even longer. You can't over cook. Sometimes I keep cooking long after the break up for a minute or two so it's not possible to overdo it. My guess is that you aren't doing it enough.

What glass are you using?

Also, just an FYI to everyone, until you're comfortable with all the different techniques it's best to stick with the "This work best on" glass colors that I list.

Old 2012-02-21, 8:28pm
Tacki

Do you want pics here, in the gallery, or both?

TELL ME WOMAN.
Old 2012-02-21, 8:34pm
Storm Queen

Both.

Old 2012-02-21, 8:37pm
Tacki

FINE.

Ok, copy/paste from my gallery post:

You know how I feel about you and your tuts. I'd marry you both if it were legal.

Is it ok to tell people our combos on here? or will that give too much away?

And I HATED this one before it went in the kiln. It was so ugly, grimy, brown, and ooky. I finally slapped 2 murrini on it and said fuck it. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the kiln and it magically developed color.

I think I'm gonna hook up my minor for the first time ever and give it a shot on that. I'm melting stuff during the reduction cycle on my cricket that I don't think I should be melting.
Old 2012-02-21, 8:40pm
Storm Queen

Thanks Traci! Great beads! If your bead gets overheated during the process just pull it out and let it cool and then continue cooking...

Old 2012-02-21, 9:53pm
Adrian

All I have to say about the tutorial is: "YUM and WOW!"

Adrian
Old 2012-02-22, 10:50am
Storm Queen

Thank you Adrian.

Old 2012-02-22, 1:06pm
Tweedle Dumb

Here are a couple I made.

and an older one

My beads actually talk. It's amazing. you Amy

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2012-02-22, 1:19pm
Nikki Haverstock

I love Jamie Lynne's bead, they have the best attitude and look good!

Old 2012-02-22, 2:14pm
Storm Queen

You're such a freak. And don't be hatin' on my Penthouse.

Or my Summer home.

Old 2012-02-22, 2:17pm

What size reduction flame are we using here, and where in the flame does the bead go?
I'm getting so-so results, but not good enough to post a picture yet. I want beads like Bitty's!

Old 2012-02-22, 2:35pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
What size reduction flame are we using here, and where in the flame does the bead go?
I'm getting so-so results, but not good enough to post a picture yet. I want beads like Bitty's!
I don't do any dragon's breath or anything like that. I just crank up the propane a little. If you have my Storm Tutorial, figure 4 has a picture of my reduction flame. Actually here....

The bead would go pretty much in the right upper corner of the picture. Sometimes I put the whole bead right in the center of the flame and sometimes I have it under the flame with just the surface of the bead skimming the flame. I hope that helps.

This is such a different way to use silver glass that it does take some practice to get used to it. I'm happy to help. Even if a bead looks ugly, encase it and see what happens.

Old 2012-02-22, 5:22pm
Tweedle Dumb

Sweet ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Or my Summer home.

Lisa, my beads are UGLY before they are encased. Seriously, if anyone saw what they looked like before they are encased they would think I stuck a cat turd on a mandrel.

The clear seems to pull apart the webbing more.

I use the silver foil method, and a fairly heavy reduction flame. PM me if you want more info, I don't want to spoil Amy's tutorial sales by flappin my mouth too much.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2012-02-22, 5:41pm
Loving learning

I'm pretty sure I heard that top one saying "I wish I belonged to Eileen" LOL