Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-10-25, 12:03pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichromary View Post
Dave, I didn't see the centering tool for Size 5.08mm OD/ 4.37mm ID tubing. I can order the 5.5 mm OD / 4.2 mm ID instead. Would it work? If not, can you substitute or do you know where I can get the right size? Anyone else know the answer? I need it for the tubings I bought from Indian Jeweler. Would love to place my order today. Thanks.
Mary - It's the very last option on the drop-down list of pegs - It's called the Special Peg for 4.37mm ID.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-25, 2:57pm
Semi Retired

Mary Beth, thanks. I don't know how I missed it. I will go ahead and place my order. Your bead inspired me to look into his tool.

|

|

|

|

Old 2008-10-25, 3:00pm

Dave,
I hope you are getting ready for the Christmas Rush! What better gift than this tool??
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-10-26, 12:37pm
Help on the way

Default just ordered

after eyeballing this cool tool i just ordered it today, really excited at the potential of not smashing more beads!!!

maybe i missed this, is there are video on this someplace--i see one for the bead cleaner but not for this one...thanks!
Old 2008-10-26, 1:05pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caco View Post
after eyeballing this cool tool i just ordered it today, really excited at the potential of not smashing more beads!!!

maybe i missed this, is there are video on this someplace--i see one for the bead cleaner but not for this one...thanks!
I don't think there is, but there are step by step instructions on the site.

http://host.pappapak17.com/~artinthe...he-Impress.htm

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-26, 1:28pm

Default Centering Tool Size?

Dave, have emailed you.....but perhaps someone else may know.....which centering tool would I need for tubing with OD 5mm, ID 4mm?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lyn
Old 2008-10-26, 1:46pm
Help on the way

[quote=squid;2155247]I don't think there is, but there are step by step instructions on the site.
thanks squid, i printed them out. they read well, but visual learner that i am, was just wondering!

so the tubing, i'm on the rio site as i type and want to be sure i'm ordering the right stuff?

Item Number: 10090714
Sub Head: Hard
Specification: OD: .250"; ID: .218" Min. thickness: .016" Approx. pieces/oz.: 1 oz./ft.: .823

There's a drop down that requires a selection, is the right size:
.250" OD x .016" wall?

thanks!
Old 2008-10-26, 3:50pm

[quote=Caco;2155385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I don't think there is, but there are step by step instructions on the site.
thanks squid, i printed them out. they read well, but visual learner that i am, was just wondering!

so the tubing, i'm on the rio site as i type and want to be sure i'm ordering the right stuff?

Sub Head: Hard
Specification: OD: .250"; ID: .218" Min. thickness: .016" Approx. pieces/oz.: 1 oz./ft.: .823

There's a drop down that requires a selection, is the right size:
.250" OD x .016" wall?

thanks!
That's the right tubing for the standard 1/4 inch Impress setup as shipped. By the way, I just noticed the AITR drop-down list had a typo, showing the 1/4 inch peg was for .250 OD / .208 ID. It should have read: .250 OD / .218 ID. I've fixed it.
Thanks,
Dave

Old 2008-10-26, 4:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn G View Post
Dave, have emailed you.....but perhaps someone else may know.....which centering tool would I need for tubing with OD 5mm, ID 4mm?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lyn
Hi Lyn,

I can't find your email. What tubing supplier is that?
You can use this peg for 4.0 ID tubing:
5 mm OD / 4.1 mm ID (.200 inch OD / .162 inch ID)
Or, confirm the exact OD and ID, and preferably the wall thickness as well, and also the supplier, and I'll add a new peg size to the list.

I like to confirm the exact sizes by checking the supplier directly myself, because sometimes suppliers round off numbers, and, unfortunately, sometimes incorrectly.

Dave

Old 2008-10-26, 5:20pm
Help on the way

[quote=DaveF;2155738]
Quote:

That's the right tubing for the standard 1/4 inch Impress setup as shipped. By the way, I just noticed the AITR drop-down list had a typo, showing the 1/4 inch peg was for .250 OD / .208 ID. It should have read: .250 OD / .218 ID. I've fixed it.
Thanks,
Dave
well i'm glad i've spread a bit of joy in flameworld this evening seriously, engineer hubby and i had a long conversation on this tool at dinner. very cool dave, looking forward to receiving it! (ok, we need a life!)
Old 2008-10-27, 5:40pm
Renee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
Mary - It's the very last option on the drop-down list of pegs - It's called the Special Peg for 4.37mm ID.
Dave- Can I add this to my order??? I know my shipping should be getting close!! Renee Wright

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2008-10-27, 6:34pm

Thanks, Dave! Mine arrived while I was on vacation last week. No chance to use it yet, but it looks great, and we will be using it at the MidWest Glass Experience in February.

Ginko Beads
Old 2008-10-28, 1:16am

Hi Dave, I wanted to be sure you got my email that I need to add the special peg for the special size tubing to my order. Let me know how you want me to pay the 6.00. Thanks!

This one LOL: "It's called the Special Peg for 4.37mm ID"

Robyn Brandenburg
glenmar at peoplepc dot com
Old 2008-10-28, 8:42am
Renee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdbeads View Post
Hi Dave, I wanted to be sure you got my email that I need to add the special peg for the special size tubing to my order. Let me know how you want me to pay the 6.00. Thanks!

Robyn Brandenburg
Me too! I know I have an order nearly ready and want to add to my package. Renee

Old 2008-10-28, 4:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
Hi Lyn,

I can't find your email. What tubing supplier is that?
You can use this peg for 4.0 ID tubing:
5 mm OD / 4.1 mm ID (.200 inch OD / .162 inch ID)
Or, confirm the exact OD and ID, and preferably the wall thickness as well, and also the supplier, and I'll add a new peg size to the list.

I like to confirm the exact sizes by checking the supplier directly myself, because sometimes suppliers round off numbers, and, unfortunately, sometimes incorrectly.

Dave

Thanks Dave....have PM'd you earlier today with the details. Please could you confirm that you received the message?

Lyn
Old 2008-10-28, 5:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn G View Post
Thanks Dave....have PM'd you earlier today with the details. Please could you confirm that you received the message?

Lyn
Hi Lyn,

PLease disregard the recommendation of the 4.1 ID peg. Order the 3/16 peg. That size also fits the 5.0 OD / 4.0 ID tubing perfectly.

I PM'd you as well.
Dave

Old 2008-10-28, 5:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlaurel View Post
Dave- Can I add this to my order??? I know my shipping should be getting close!! Renee Wright
Hi Renee,

I just packed your order, but I haven't shipped it yet. Please order through the website and I'll add your peg. The shipping will be $2.50 but I'll refund it if you send me an email and request that, and so I don't forget to redo your order before it goes out tomorrow..

Dave

Old 2008-10-28, 5:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdbeads View Post

Robyn Brandenburg
Hi, Same answer as Renee just above.
Dave

Old 2008-10-28, 6:39pm

Ok Thanks Dave! Just tried to paypal and getting glitches with paypal again so will try again later.

Robyn
Old 2008-10-28, 6:50pm

Dave will you have a 3/32 peg?
Old 2008-10-28, 7:42pm
Glass Addict

I used mine for the first time over the weekend and I am in love! My wrists are not sore and no broken beads. Thank you Dave, you are awesome!

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"
Old 2008-10-28, 8:09pm
Renee

Sent payment by paypal. Thanks Dave!

Old 2008-10-28, 9:42pm
I speak Murrini!

Default Show Us The Goodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captured Light Glass View Post
I used mine for the first time over the weekend and I am in love! My wrists are not sore and no broken beads. Thank you Dave, you are awesome!
We'd love to see your cored beads if possible, Michele!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-10-29, 8:51am
isa

Thanks everyone for this thread ordered and paid for mine too
Old 2008-10-30, 5:04pm
Help on the way

glasszone, read your amazing calculation posts back, and have saved it, thank you!

now, just one more clarifying question, i've ordered the standard beadliner. i understand that the tubing i should order is:

Specification: OD: .250"; ID: .218" Min. thickness: .016" ...

? what (US") size mandrel is a sure thing to work with this tubing? ty!
Old 2008-10-30, 5:12pm

Quote:
glasszone, read your amazing calculation posts back, and have saved it, thank you!

now, just one more clarifying question, i've ordered the standard beadliner. i understand that the tubing i should order is:

Specification: OD: .250"; ID: .218" Min. thickness: .016" ...

? what (US") size mandrel is a sure thing to work with this tubing? ty!
Hi Caco,
Your mandrel should match the OD of the tubing, So 1/4 inch.
Dave

Old 2008-10-31, 9:48am
Gay rights R human rights

Got mine today Dave. Thanks so much! Cant wait to try it.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-10-31, 4:21pm

Got mine today and although I haven't had a chance to test the Impress I have to say that the champhering tool (is that what it's called?) is totally awesome - wish I had one of these years ago!

Old 2008-10-31, 5:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadiesJewels View Post
Got mine today and although I haven't had a chance to test the Impress I have to say that the champhering tool (is that what it's called?) is totally awesome - wish I had one of these years ago!
Deburring tool, but champhering tool is appropriate since thats what it does!

Thanks Sadie!
Dave

Old 2008-11-03, 11:41am
Help on the way

Default thanks Dave

ok...ready, set, core! stopped in at Wale today and we were talking about this tool. can't wait to play!