Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2012-05-30, 5:35pm
Moving On

Default A free site that makes a mobile version of your website!

I got this in an email from Google & Intuit today, and it is pretty cool...It basically transforms your website into a smartphone version (if someone is accessing it from a smartphone, but leaves it alone if accessing from a normal computer). There is a Premier version which is free for a year, and then will be about $100 (I think), and a "free-er" version which has some ads. I got it working for my Pappashop website, but couldn't get the redirect code inserted correctly into my site that is hosted on Wordpress (arg).

Anyway...I thought that some of you might find it useful. Oddly enough, I got one of my few non-spam comments on the Wordpress site yesterday--complaining that my site didn't work right on her phone! I called Dudamobile for tech support and told the guy about the comment, and said it was suspicious timing , lol...
-Gail

p.s., sorry...It is dudamobile.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gail Joseph; 2012-05-31 at 6:24am. Reason: forgot link!
Old 2012-05-30, 6:34pm
Addicted to Frit!!!

Thanks for sharing that info Gail!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2012-05-31, 3:35am
Who me?

link?
Old 2012-05-31, 6:25am
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamper View Post
link?
oops! dudamobile.com

Old 2012-05-31, 6:31am
Addicted to Frit!!!

I also found a couple others by google searching on 'how to make your website mobile for free'. I didn't realize there were so many of them that will do it for free.

Thanks again Gail for bringing up the subject!!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2012-05-31, 6:31am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Joseph View Post
oops! dudamobile.com
thanks....off to check it out.
Old 2012-05-31, 6:33am
Moving On

Try this: http://www.dudamobile.com/index.php

Old 2012-05-31, 6:35am
Moving On

I'm actually quite stunned. I assumed that some magic computer wizard who charged $$$$$ would have to start something from scratch! Now if I could just get in to Wordpress!

Old 2012-06-04, 8:52am
ManBearPig

You don't need to create anything from scratch. Quite often the simplest solution is to create a separate CSS file and insert a couple lines into the header of your index page that will detect the browser and assign the appropriate CSS file.

There are plenty of WordPress templates that are responsive and will adapt to whatever size the screen is. In fact, most templates can be converted to a responsive layout. I've done a lot of that in recent months.