Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2014-04-19, 4:02pm

Default My homemade high volume oxygen system

Concentrators are from Available/Oxygen Dave is a great man and his products work great!!

** THIS VIDEO IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RECREATE ANYTHING BEFORE CONSULTING A PROFESSIONAL. OXYGEN IS A VERY DANGEROUS AND CORROSIVE GAS MAY CAUSE VIOLENT EXPLOSIONS CAUSING PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURY, AND/OR DEATH.**

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks
Sko
Old 2014-04-28, 5:52am

carefull....that dipsh!t from High Volume Oxygen likes to send threatening emails to people who he thinks are "stepping on his toes". he does have a patent pending too...but that's easy to get around.
Old 2014-04-28, 6:07am

I don't care I'm not selling these. Sorry but if you're a big company you don't go lashing out at people. It's not professional

Last edited by Leetmoaf; 2014-09-03 at 9:42pm.
Old 2014-04-28, 6:08am

Quote:
carefull....that dipsh!t from High Volume Oxygen likes to send threatening emails to people who he thinks are "stepping on his toes". he does have a patent pending too...but that's easy to get around.

See above.

And thanks for the warning
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-04-28, 6:10am

Removed

Last edited by Leetmoaf; 2014-09-03 at 9:41pm.
Old 2014-04-28, 6:47am

You go dave!! I saw the video!! Thanks for the exposure!! ;david
Old 2014-04-28, 7:37am

i agree...and more power to you for doing so!

i just know of 3 different people who have rec'd communications from the owner of HVO basically saying "cease and decist" building these. it's all just a scare tactic....if you're not selling them it's a moot point.
Old 2014-04-28, 11:16am

Quote:
You go dave!! I saw the video!! Thanks for the exposure!! ;david

Thanks David. I'll be intouch once I upgrade my torch

Quote:
i agree...and more power to you for doing so!

i just know of 3 different people who have rec'd communications from the owner of HVO basically saying "cease and decist" building these. it's all just a scare tactic....if you're not selling them it's a moot point.

Yeah there isn't a thing he can do since I'm not in the market to build or sell them. Good lookin out though.

I'll continue tweeting and expanding my unit as needed
now time to save for a new kiln and much larger torch!!
Old 2014-04-28, 11:33am

nice! i love the fact that i have tanked oxy on demand...and i don't need to pay airgas
Old 2014-04-29, 9:45am

Thanks for posting the video, Leetmoaf. I'm in the process of building one of these, myself, but I only scored a 20-gallon tank on CL. (Yes, cleaning the hell out of it on the inside) Got an Arduino to use as the controller. Super excited to get my baby running!
Old 2014-04-29, 2:27pm

Quote:
nice! i love the fact that i have tanked oxy on demand...and i don't need to pay airgas

Exactly

Quote:
Thanks for posting the video, Leetmoaf. I'm in the process of building one of these, myself, but I only scored a 20-gallon tank on CL. (Yes, cleaning the hell out of it on the inside) Got an Arduino to use as the controller. Super excited to get my baby running!

Good stuff!! 20 gal is decent as well. What torch are you running?

My torch will run on the 30 gal for about 30/45 mins and only drop 20ish psi.
Old 2014-04-29, 3:23pm

I'm on a Bethlehem Alpha right now. I'll probably move up to a Bravo or a GTT Sidewinder as my marbles increase in size. 30-45 minutes is pretty decent. I'm hoping to get some more time out of mine for the smaller torch. The Alpha is silent, but the ventilation blower and Hurricane make a lot of noise. I'd like to keep the Hurricane run time to a minimum while torching. This will keep me busy until I can find a reasonably priced Homefill for sale.
Old 2014-04-29, 3:37pm

Quote:
I'm on a Bethlehem Alpha right now. I'll probably move up to a Bravo or a GTT Sidewinder as my marbles increase in size. 30-45 minutes is pretty decent. I'm hoping to get some more time out of mine for the smaller torch. The Alpha is silent, but the ventilation blower and Hurricane make a lot of noise. I'd like to keep the Hurricane run time to a minimum while torching. This will keep me busy until I can find a reasonably priced Homefill for sale.

Homefils just break because of the high pressure and are a lot more dangerous because of this. Personally I wouldn't waist your time on one takes all night to fill a k to 1500 psi but that's just my opinion get a bigger tank or get several tanks and chain them together. Idk it's really up to you
Old 2014-04-30, 3:19am

dude...homefills are NOT dangerous. well...only as dangerous as the person using them.
Old 2014-04-30, 8:08am

Quote:
dude...homefills are NOT dangerous. well...only as dangerous as the person using them.

I completely agree.
Old 2014-04-30, 11:00am

I'm on a Bethlehem Alpha. I am hoping to use my setup to reduce the amount of noise when I'm torching. Hoping I can get a rhythm of something like 30 minutes off, 15 minutes on to repressurize.
Old 2014-04-30, 7:00pm

Quote:
I'm on a Bethlehem Alpha. I am hoping to use my setup to reduce the amount of noise when I'm torching. Hoping I can get a rhythm of something like 30 minutes off, 15 minutes on to repressurize.

That's awesome. I'm sure you'll get it figured out. You'll need more concentrators and a pump to Match the free air reguirements to get you fill times down. I can run for full to empty (20psi) in about 1h45m depending on what I'm doing. Sometimes even longer that's if I shut the system off and just run the torch.

I never really timed how long it takes to fill. Maybe I will one day. I like to get it to operating pressure (if not there already) and just start it fills up as I work. It's really not that loud. I'm usually listening to music or watching netflix haha