Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-02-15, 5:15pm

Hi everyone...Darby and I were talking about when we could have another OT in March and it's looking like the only weekend we will have open to do it is March 7th. Maybe March 28th. But, doubt it because I am looking to do as many shows as possible.
So who's in for the 7th?
J and D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-15, 7:00pm
Type ZZZ personality

Can't do the 7th. The 14th is my only possible Saturday.
Can you consider fridays?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-02-15, 8:14pm
Covered in glitter

I can do the 7th. I can also do Fridays. I do need to set up a PMC class in March through so I need to know sometime this week or so if possible. My classes are always on Saturdays.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-02-17, 9:15am

I can't ever commit because my schedule changes so much...
But I always keep an eye on the thread and if there's one I can attend, you know I will!
Jo
Old 2009-02-22, 7:12pm
Covered in glitter

Hey Janien! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! I hope you have a really super day.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-02-22, 8:49pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Thanks Deb!
We had a great day @ Darby's folks house today! We just got home...full and tired!
Time to chill and finish watching the oscars.
See ya on Wednesday!

Everyone else, we hope to see you @ our Open Torch on March 7th @ 1pm...be there or
BE SQUARE!
Janien

Old 2009-02-22, 10:32pm
Type ZZZ personality

Happy Birthday!!

Old 2009-02-23, 8:10am
Covered in glitter

OK. Now it's the official birthday day! Hope it's a great one for you!

Old 2009-02-23, 9:03am

Smile

Happy birthday, Janien! Hope it was great! Hey... is there canolli in that towering cake, Deb ??!! Who cares! It's CAKE!!

I won't be seeing you guys for a while.... take care!

Ofilia

Old 2009-02-23, 9:06am
Covered in glitter

When do you leave for Italy, Ofilia?

Old 2009-02-23, 9:22am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
When do you leave for Italy, Ofilia?
April 2nd. In March I also have a trip to the Intl. Flamworking conference in NJ. Busy times has really crept up fast!! Before you know it, B&B is here and I have a long winter shut down to catch up !!

Old 2009-02-23, 1:02pm
Covered in glitter

I got the info on the Flameworking conference. It always looks interesting but I've never really thought to go to it. I'd love to hear how you like it!
How many people are going to Italy with you? I so wish I was one of them!

Old 2009-02-23, 5:31pm

Happy B-day, Janien!

And I'll be there for OT. I don't wanna be square... I'm perfectly happy being short and oval-ish! lol!

Old 2009-02-25, 9:11pm
Covered in glitter

Lana luv, are you going to ride with me? I can get there now without having to pay tolls. LOL You think I drive fast? When I was coming home people were blowing my doors off and I was NOT going slow.

Old 2009-02-26, 10:32am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
I got the info on the Flameworking conference. It always looks interesting but I've never really thought to go to it. I'd love to hear how you like it!
How many people are going to Italy with you? I so wish I was one of them!
Oops, sorry, Deb, I missed seeing your question. The Salem conference is always very cool. That was how I first met Luico and saw pictures of his studio and closed my eyes and "wished IF ONLY I could just be a fly on the walls of his studio some time"..... well the rest is now history.

It's not expensive, it's a trip one can take on a Friday AM from Ohare and return on the Sunday after the conference closes! Easy!! It's very low key, everyone attending is very approachable, and no clickiness. There's basically nothing around town to do, so it's nice to just touch base with other lampworkers while staying at the hotel. We bring books and work to share, chat. Sack lunches are included as well as continental breakfasts, so it's super super easy all around.

Italy, I've got two groups of 10 students each, back to back heading out soon. Half the students are actually taking both weeks of workshop. It should prove to be a fabulous workshop!! Many are taking extended trips about Venice and other cities in Italy including some travel companions. It's a good size croud. I love the challenge, though. Long as the people are low maintenance, it all works out great. This is no "tour" group. I always encourage folks to do their research and be independent. I do arrange some other 'optional' visits to special places outside of class, but it's all just to fill the total experience I have come to love so much and like to turn others onto the adventure that is there to be had.

Ciao, ciao !

Ofilia

Old 2009-02-26, 10:45am

Happy Belated Birthday, Jenien... sorry I missed this! But all the best to you!!!!
... going to try to make March 7, but same ol same ol... I never know until the last minute.
Hugs
Jo
Old 2009-03-02, 9:00am
Covered in glitter

Default Hi Lana!

Hey Lana are you coming to my house on Saturday so we can to go Darby/Janien's together? I hope so!

Old 2009-03-04, 9:30am

Weee, I may actually be able to make this one!!!!
*crosses fingers*
Old 2009-03-04, 11:30am
Type ZZZ personality

I should find out today if my class is running or no.

Old 2009-03-07, 7:42am

Patty...hope you are able to make it!
Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible today...looks like the afternoon will be rain free so traveling there should be a breeze!
See ya later!
janien and darby

Old 2009-03-07, 8:30am
Covered in glitter

See you all a little bit later. We're going out to breakfast and then I'll get things together.

Old 2009-03-08, 8:44am
Covered in glitter

Yikes what a drive home last night. I decided to do the Skyway instead of 94 because of all the fog. There's not quite as much crazy traffic on it. It was so foggy I missed my turn and just kept going on Cline Ave. I was freaking out because I knew I'd missed the turn and didn't know where to turn around to get back. NOT a nice place to be lost. All of a sudden (well after 20 minutes at least) there was the first toll. It was like being in the twilight zone! All those factories creap me out when I go down there during the day and at night in all that fog they were awful. It was just really weird. But I made it home which is the important part.

Thanks for a great day! I can't wait to see the Universe lentils! The rest I'm not so sure about. LOL

Janien how are you feeling today? You were so hot last night and I don't think it was just the torch! Hope you're OK.

Old 2009-03-08, 11:04am

Last night was fun! This morning sucked! And that's the short version. I went to my mom's after torching, visited with her and her BF, snuggled some kittehs, looked at some plaster problems she's got in the bathroom she's remodelling so I can go back this week to fix them, went home and *tried* to sleep. I didn't get out of bed until 11am. I'm in for a wicked work week coming up and I'm in no shape for it! Oh well... it's go with the flow time!

It was a blast seeing you guys again... I love visiting and seeing what you guys make! Can't wait to see all of your awesome beads ... and the ever-cool beauty-mark bear! lol!!

Thanks for hosting again, Darby and Janien! I hope your show this weekend is *the* bomb... not *a* bomb! Like my mom (the non-cheerleader) would say... go, fight, win!

Old 2009-03-08, 11:46am
Type ZZZ personality

I'm itchin' to see my fishies!
Can you take pics and post them?

Old 2009-03-08, 4:42pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
I'm itchin' to see my fishies!
Can you take pics and post them?
Sure can, but Darby won't be at the studio til tomorrow...so tomorrow night sometime or at the latest tuesday monring. Hang in there Patty.lol

Deb, glad you made it home last night...you did the right thing, you are supposed to go straight on Cline in order to get on the toll road, so you were on the right track the whole time!

I am feeling much better today, although I had this weird thing with my leg last night that was freaking me out, but that too passed by the wayside!

Good to see you to Cassie! Hope your week won't be as horrible as predicted!

We were in some HORRIBLE weather driving south to my sisters today... the rain was coming down so hard that you could NOT see more than 1 inch in front of the car at times...and that is no exaggersted! I was scared shitless! But we made it, saw my niece be confirmed, it was nice.

Looking forward to the next OT sometime in April, we will keep you all posted!
IT would be nice to see of you Indiana folks at some of our OT's!
Look for pics on Monday night/tuesday morning.

Have agreat week,
Janien and Darby

Old 2009-03-08, 6:06pm

I miss you guys!!!!!
Old 2009-03-08, 7:12pm
Covered in glitter

I guess I didn't realize that. I've always turned off and kind of gone around a toll booth to get to the second one. This way was actually faster as I got home in under an hour even with the fog. I sure wasn't driving my usual 75-80. LOL I was freaked though.

Jo...you need to be there next time!

Janien, I can't imagine driving in that today. I went to the Target on Peterson in that and it was horrible! That was only a few blocks, not miles and miles. Glad you're home safe. I'm glad you're feeling better today too.

I just can't wait to see the universe lentils too. I think I'm really going to love the way they turned out. The green transparent/silver might look good too. Some of the rest...not so much.

Old 2009-03-09, 10:39am

Deb, Darby is bring the beads home tonight....hopefully we can drop them off to you tomorrow or wedensday the latest.
Patty, PM me your address and we will mail them to you...I suck when it comes to getting to the post office, but for you I will make an extra effort!

JO....next time we really really really want to see you there.
janien and darby

Old 2009-03-09, 6:39pm
Covered in glitter

Super! If you need, I can stop by and get them too.

Old 2009-03-10, 9:46pm

where are the pics .... did somebody say fishes pics pics pics

ok... call me chicken : ) but the weather was awfull ... I was almost ready to get on the road but the last minute decided to cancell.

Hopefully in April ..... jo you have to come too

I burned my hand so bad and it's not even torching!
grabed on the handle of a hot sckillet ...right from the oven - I completely forgot about gloves .
My whole hand is on fire ... it hurts so bad

please, healing thoughts, anyone

- I made this!

- - My Gallery

-MyStore