Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-07-31, 4:25pm

Ahhh Andrew. I have some large hole beads to line now. Have the tools and have to get them cleaned first. Then off to see the wizard. I will get some done. Yes. Need to pound on something any way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rose Leslie
Old 2008-07-31, 7:16pm

Nice one so i suppose that means photos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
back up and running. Been months so needs major work. (updated 12/06 )
Old 2008-08-01, 10:53pm

Great tutorial. The bolt on the board is a stroke of genius. It was always a pain to try and hold it and hammer so putting it up like that is great. Thank yoiu so much for sharing.

Old 2008-08-02, 6:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by delinquent beader View Post
Great tutorial. The bolt on the board is a stroke of genius. It was always a pain to try and hold it and hammer so putting it up like that is great. Thank yoiu so much for sharing.

Thank you that is very king of you to say so.

Regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-08-02, 2:26pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hello Andrew, it is your very bestest LE friend!!HAHA I have been meaning to write you and let you know my finger thingies came and are being used with gusto!!! Thanks again for all your work for us.
pat
Old 2008-08-02, 3:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
Hello Andrew, it is your very bestest LE friend!!HAHA I have been meaning to write you and let you know my finger thingies came and are being used with gusto!!! Thanks again for all your work for us.
pat
Woot that is to good. Im a little sad though as Australia Post has let me down and taken far too long for you lovely people.

Thank you Pat that means a lot to me.

Regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-08-02, 10:14pm

Andrew, got my FFS and LOVE 'em! Thanks so much. Thanks to you and your great tutorial, I actually like lining beads now and used to dread it.

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2008-08-03, 12:35am

Oh thanks Angela. Makes it all worth while then. Ive nearly caught up on all my orders so may get time this week to put a tut up on my site

Regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-08-11, 10:31am

Default Thankyou Andrew!!!

thankyou so much Andrew!! I just riveted my first 3 beads, they look great, I really appreciate your help and willingness to share! it was much quicker than I thought as well(though it took me about half a day to make a ff stand, people kept interrupting me, and then the hooha with drill bit sizes(I made a hardwood stand which I drilled through to put my bolt on)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggys View Post
HI, I didn't even want to think about trying to rivit my beads. It sounded like it had to be way to complicated, and probably expensive so have been hoping it was just a fad and would go away.
hahaha thats exactly how I felt...but after ruining my first(and probably only) viking knit bracelet I spent hours making with 'naked' beads, riveting seemed the best way, and they run so smoothly on it, all thanks to Andrew! guess I need to re-polish it now and hope its still ok!

Madeline

Old 2008-08-11, 10:59am

Hi Andrew, got mine ! Thank you !

Old 2008-08-11, 3:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelineBunyan View Post
thankyou so much Andrew!! I just riveted my first 3 beads, they look great, I really appreciate your help and willingness to share! it was much quicker than I thought as well(though it took me about half a day to make a ff stand, people kept interrupting me, and then the hooha with drill bit sizes(I made a hardwood stand which I drilled through to put my bolt on)

hahaha thats exactly how I felt...but after ruining my first(and probably only) viking knit bracelet I spent hours making with 'naked' beads, riveting seemed the best way, and they run so smoothly on it, all thanks to Andrew! guess I need to re-polish it now and hope its still ok!

Madeline
Totaly fantastic Madeline. Im so happy you had a win and how rude of people to keep interupting you dont they know beads are serious business. Thanks for sharing your happy moments hope there are many more to come.

Regards
Andrew.

Thanks Ellen hope you have a win with them

Regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-09-07, 9:41pm

Thanks Andrew! This tut was very well written. I'll be trying this soon.
Old 2009-11-08, 7:53am

I know I am a late commer (very late) but I hope somebody is still watching. Where do you get the tube to line the beads with? I love the look and can find everything but the tubing.
Old 2009-11-08, 9:46am

I can't believe that I missed this thread too! I would love a Fat Finger Bead stand. Is Andrew still around?
-Elaine
Old 2009-11-18, 6:12am
Jamaican Me Crazy

Excellent. you have helped me move to the next level.
Old 2009-11-23, 11:23am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley1 View Post
I know I am a late commer (very late) but I hope somebody is still watching. Where do you get the tube to line the beads with? I love the look and can find everything but the tubing.
Hey Wiley...there's a thread going right now in Garage Sale/Bulk Buys for tubing....check it out:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=143946

I'm hoping I didn't miss out (AGAIN!) so maybe there's still room to purchase some. Check with Ginko!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-01-08, 4:49pm
ASamples33

Default great stuff

Andrew do you still make the fat finger bead stand? I would like to get one of each size.
ASamples
Old 2010-01-09, 7:28am
giggety-giggety

Me too!!!! Are you still around Andrew? Thanks for such a great tutorial!

My etsy:

Old 2010-01-09, 8:42am
Never give up

I would love to get some of the things I need to do this,one problem is money. Where can I get the polished steel block, Chasing hammer,Digital vernier calipers,eezylap tapered reamer and the file, at a good price? I know I can get the dapper at Harbor freight. Thanks
Old 2010-01-10, 9:41am

This is wonderful, thank you so much for sharing this tut with us
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com
Old 2010-02-02, 11:13pm

Wow the thread is still going amazing
Old 2010-02-02, 11:22pm

If people are still interested in the stands i still make them :0
Old 2010-02-03, 4:44am

I am definately interested. Where do we go to purchase them?
-Elaine
Old 2010-02-03, 9:29am
Hobby Junkie

I'd be interested too Andrew!!! Looks great!

Old 2010-02-03, 2:40pm
Give to receive...simple.

Smile

Andrew !! Nice to see you back!! I emailed you about a week or so ago..I too would like to add to the the two fat fingers you made me..only this time I would like a different size...let me know when you can if you want to do this again....Thanks a bunch!!!

Old 2010-02-12, 7:57pm

Andrew, I don't know you but after reading this great thread, I'm glad you're back, I hope you stay around.

Old 2010-02-15, 7:52am

Just read this tread myself and I think I know now where I have been going wrong going back into studio today to give it a try. Thanks Andrew!
Old 2010-02-18, 7:04am

I pm'd you Andrew! Hoping I can purchase some fat finger stands from you. Thanks for much for sharing your tutorial with us. It's great to see people sharing information for free. We appreciate it so much and may God bless you abundantly! We appreciate you! I hope someday I can give something back and share information...if I ever get that good! Maybe someday!

Barb
Old 2010-04-05, 1:45pm

Andrew, I'd like one of those fat finger stand. Awesome tut!
Old 2010-04-05, 2:27pm

I would like one too please.
Colleen