Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-07-23, 2:35am
Bead Maker / Instructor

Smile Lampwork Classes - Florence, Italy

Just a quick note to say that we are now offering 20-hour bead making classes in addition to our standard 12-hour course.

The focus of our program is private, one-on-one instruction, or at most, a couple. Our goal is to impart information in such a way so as to give students a strong foundation on which to build the rest of their beadmaking / lampworking career, whether it be as a professional or hobbyist.

The atmosphere here at the Creation Center is casual, creative and fun. We want your course to be an unforgettable experience, whether it be as part of your life here locally or for those of you visiting Florence. We look forward to working with you!

Helpful links:
*Course Description
*Our Facilities
*Testimonials
*Course Rates

www.BeadedLilyGlassWorks.com
Old 2010-07-23, 6:13am
Newfoundland lover!

Good for you! this sounds wonderful.

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2010-07-23, 7:42am

Smile

Ciao Tim and Lily! Come va?

I can give a testimonial that Tim and Lily are super super great folks! Couldn't make you feel more at home then if you were actually family.

Their studio is located near the heart of Florence where you can walk to many shops and wonderful attractions.

Hope to get to see you two sometime in the future! A dopo, Ofilia

PS: Lily and Tim can also show you where the BESTEST eatieries are

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-07-23, 10:36pm
Bead Maker / Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
Ciao Tim and Lily! Come va?

I can give a testimonial that Tim and Lily are super super great folks! Couldn't make you feel more at home then if you were actually family.

Their studio is located near the heart of Florence where you can walk to many shops and wonderful attractions.

Hope to get to see you two sometime in the future! A dopo, Ofilia

PS: Lily and Tim can also show you where the BESTEST eatieries are
Hi Ofilia!! Thanks for the kind words

How are you? I heard that you were in Venice earlier this year. We really look forward to your next visit!

Tim
Old 2010-08-02, 1:44pm

This does sound really wonderful. If someone was putting together a vacation/dream fund... do you have recommendations for lodgings near the studio?

Jen
Old 2010-08-02, 9:53pm
Bead Maker / Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moushka View Post
This does sound really wonderful. If someone was putting together a vacation/dream fund... do you have recommendations for lodgings near the studio?

Jen
Hi Moushka - Concerning accommodations: We do have a number of recommendations. All are within easy (and pleasant!) walking distance of the glass studio. When folks request information on our classes we send along these recommendations as well.

Thanks for asking!

Tim
Old 2010-08-03, 6:23am

Smile

Ooo, Jen, you should check it out! It's all walking distance from Ponte Vecchio, that large bridge with shops on it, and lots of cool shopping areas, including the fashion district, if I recall correctly. Florence is a lot cheaper then Venice, I found, am I right, Tim?

Also, if Tim is booked up on his apartments, he has the contact information for the B&B I stayed at also at a walking distance for you. It was an old palazzo that was roomed up for a B&B and was really cool. In fact, the pastry shop where you get your breakfast has awesome stuff and you can peek in the back to watch the men preparing the delicasies.... YUM!!! There is something specially charming about a man dressed to make pastries and covered in flour.

Last edited by Ofilia; 2010-08-03 at 6:33am.
Old 2010-08-06, 4:56am

Thanks Ofilia, I would love too. I am going to review finances this year and see if I can make it happen in the middle of 2011.
Old 2010-08-06, 5:32am
Bead Maker / Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moushka View Post
Thanks Ofilia, I would love too. I am going to review finances this year and see if I can make it happen in the middle of 2011.
Reviewing finances... Oh how it complicates life!

Ofilia, I've also found that Florence tends to be cheaper than Venice in many ways, although if you have, you can certainly spend it!!

One great way to save in many Italian towns is the aperitivo; Between 6:30 - 9:30pm, Pay 6 - 10 Euro for your drink in posh (and non-posh) clubs throughout town and partake in their all-you-can-eat buffet. Be one of the in set on the cheap!