Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-12-14, 9:33pm
needs to light the torch.

Default Best Boro eye glasses for a small face???

I need to get some dedicated boro glasses but all of the sites I go to you cannot tell what size they are.

Any recommendations for SMALL size boro glasses?

Not super pricey would be great too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-12-14, 9:46pm

Finding the right glasses is hard to do over the web. I bought some clip on shades and they were too dark then I bought some 'fit overs' (they fit over my readers) they were good but needed adjusting so I took them to the eye glass store where they adjusted free of charge. Sometimes they charge a small fee. I really like to try mine before I buy because if they need to much adjustment it can't be done I will look to see what my brand is because they are good even if you don't where glasses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-12-15, 1:15am

If you'll pm me your email I can send you some pictures of the smaller ones we have in stock.

Old 2011-12-15, 1:22am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunray View Post
If you'll pm me your email I can send you some pictures of the smaller ones we have in stock.
That would be great! Can I get measurements too?

Old 2011-12-15, 1:13pm

I would recommend the boros from Philips. I am very happy with my wraparounds. They fit right over my prescriptions. They do have clip ons as well. They might work out best if you are a hard fit.
Old 2011-12-16, 3:50am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I had shade 3 didys made in children's frames. No other frames fit even close.

Old 2011-12-16, 11:48am

Yep, the wrap arounds/Biker Wraps are the best thing to get.

Old 2012-01-15, 1:49pm
In the line of fire

Aura Lens has a huge selection.

Old 2012-01-15, 2:18pm
Wonder-wench

hi , I have a small face/head and have been happy with the fitovers. I did add some moleskin nose pads and a cord that has an adjustable snug to hold them comfortably against my head, otherwise they slipped down my nose. With just those minor additions, I LOVE them!

Old 2012-03-04, 5:08pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunray View Post
I really like the fit of the glasses I got from you guys!!!
They are actually a bit tight, lol
Thanks!!!

Old 2012-03-05, 5:10am
Pyromaniac

There should be a "Like" button for posts like this

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2012-03-05, 6:31am

I have the Philips visor with the boro & the didy lenses. I've now lost the boro lens. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement boro lens? FIY, this is the visor

http://www.phillips-safety.com/store...ghtv9ueati0eg4

Thanks

Old 2012-03-06, 2:48am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
There should be a "Like" button for posts like this
I agree!!!

Old 2012-03-06, 8:49am
Catchen' the Sun

I have the wale s/b's the purple wrap arounds and they fit pretty good. I wear very small prescription glasses under them and that might be why they fit good.

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art