LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-08-10, 3:29am

Default Anyone have the AF3P Jenn Ken digital remote controller?

Hi,
I am thinking about buying this controller for my Jenn Ken. I can get it from glass-kats (?) for $269. Right now I am running my kiln manually (which seems to work just fine) but would like to "set it and forget it" so I can work on other things and not worry about watching the kiln the whole time. Any feedback would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-08-10, 3:59am
Striking-impared...

I have one (on my Jen-Ken AF3P) and love it! Extremely easy to program, have had it since early 2007 without any proiblems.

I give it 2 thumbs up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-08-10, 5:38am
Torchabilitizimator.....

I have one also - it is easier to set it and forget it but I never leave my house with my kiln on.....I like it and would recommend it but it is electrical and should always be checked on and cut off before leaving your home

Old 2009-08-10, 5:54am
Ready to hit the road

I have it too (the kiln with the controller attached). If you're buying it separately, take my advice and figure out how to permanently attach the sensor. I destroyed my last kiln because the kiln controller I had was separate from the kiln, and I forgot to put the sensor into the peep hole, so the kiln ramped up to high for a few hours and burnt out the elements (and melted 2 weeks worth of beads all over the floor of the kiln).

That said, yes, I like mine and wouldn't go back to the old way for anything!

Old 2009-08-10, 6:09am

Thanks Gail, Christina and Betsy. I guess I will go for it. The price seems right! I don't ever leave home with my kiln on either...or won't...I just would like to stop having to stop what I am doing to check on it

Thanks again!!!!