Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2010-12-16, 9:59pm

Default New Web Site

After what seems like eternity I finally have our web site finished. Constructive criticism is welcome.
http://flamekissedartglass.com
Thanks very much.
Colleen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-08, 8:31pm
Striking-impared...

Hi Colleen,

Oh boy, your ribbons are TDF!

I like the overall design, but if I may, how about giving people some links to the home page, your other pages, etc. on the top of the page, as well as on the bottom? You might want to make them text links on the top, so that people easily know how to find the home page, how to navigate to other pages and how to contact you.

If people should come to your site from a search engine, they might not land directly on your home page, so you want to give them options for moving around in your site.

You might also want to put your website name on the banner, and use the "Silk Ribbons, Lampwork Beads and Jewelry" as a subtitle.

Did you know that your Gallery photo and link on your home page aren't live? Or do you just not have it ready to go online yet?

I like the color scheme -- very restful. You just could use a few little tweaks is all.

Good job!

Old 2011-01-29, 9:04pm
professional gimme fiver

I like the overall design, too. My crackpot 2 cents:

* On your photos, make them all have the same background (a few of the bead shots have gray ovals and white backgrounds). It's distracting otherwise.

* Move sold stuff to your gallery?

* Back-up on the close-ups. I'm guilty of this, too. Not quite so close will make for clearer pics, plus make them easier to look at. Right now they're GREAT BIG BEADS. Do you know what I mean? I constantly have to stay on top of that "technique".

* Your page tab titles need to match your category titles. Example: the tab for your beads says Silk Ribbons.

* On your home page, hyperlink all the photos, not just the links.

* Change your home page tab to say Home Page or your website name instead of index.

* The hyperlink on the home page for Beads and the hyperlink for Pendants both go to the same place. Either break up the Beads & Pendants page and make a page for Beads and a page for Pendants or change your home page to say Beads & Pendants (in 1 link) instead of using 2 links. IMHO that would make it more clean.

* I'd remove much of the border on your tables. You have a nice site and all that border isn't necessary.

Your lampwork and jewelry design is just beautiful!