LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-06-10, 1:12pm
Newbie. I still suck. :)

Default Best place to sell pipes / bubblers / spoons online?

Hi everyone! I'm new to glass, been at it about 2 months now, and finally have work which I feel is "sellable"...... I make spoons, bubblers, mostly products to smoke from. While there's always the local shops to sell your work to, I was hoping someone had more insight on where to sell them online.

eBay is out for sure, it disallows my types of products. etsy is the only other one I know of really, which I just signed up for and will be listing products soon.

Any other good places, primarily to sell to for these type of smoking products?

Thank you in advance!!
Old 2010-06-10, 1:14pm

...a few examples (about 50 hours of torch time to get from "no clue" to "aaah, thats how that works")
Attached Images

Old 2010-06-10, 1:50pm
Alaska Boro

The only issue with Etsy, is that depending on the product, you are a little fish in a big sea. Others have sold their items in local shops of one type or another. And the another possibility is to create your own website.

Others will have more ideas......
Old 2010-06-12, 5:37am
Borovangelist

you might try over on talkglass.com. They tend to be more boro centric and there is a ton of pipe related information

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2010-06-12, 12:31pm

I didnt really like talkglass.com. They are very argumentative and disrespectful there for the most part. Heaven forbid if someone ask a question, all they do is yell at you and tell you to use the search box when the search box only results in different circumstances or equipment or goals and doesnt answer your actual questions.... There's a few good eggs, but here people seem much more respectable. I swore never to return there again.
Old 2010-06-12, 1:36pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNovice View Post
I didnt really like talkglass.com. They are very argumentative and disrespectful there for the most part. Heaven forbid if someone ask a question, all they do is yell at you and tell you to use the search box when the search box only results in different circumstances or equipment or goals and doesnt answer your actual questions.... There's a few good eggs, but here people seem much more respectable. I swore never to return there again.
It may be just one persnikidy member that is like that. I ran into one here a few months back when I was asking naive questions. I was referred to as being lazy, and to use TFSE. Can't please everybody. You just have to ignore their rudeness and stick with your mission. With such a delicate subject, it is best to continue searching the web, rather than asking the questions publicly.

With so many states approving the use of MJ for medical reasons, there should be legal venues open to sell at. Check into flea markets.

Last edited by Shrimp; 2010-06-12 at 6:09pm.
Old 2010-06-12, 2:37pm

Hey now, Aleta, these are TOBACCO pipes, not for MJ! The local smoke shop that I sell to includes a 1 gram packet of tobacco with every pipe he sells. He even tells people that they wont want to smoke it, but its there. Pretty funny.
Old 2010-06-12, 2:45pm
Pyromaniac

Lots and lots of good people on Talkglass. Lurk a lot, talk little until you understand the territory, and you won't have any problem. Good rule for the net in general.

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2010-06-12, 5:56pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
Lots and lots of good people on Talkglass. Lurk a lot, talk little until you understand the territory, and you won't have any problem. Good rule for the net in general.
Ditto.

There are a few folks short with newbies, but mostly because the same questions come up over and over, and increasingly new folks storm in with a misguided sense of entitlement, and it makes people cranky.

Just be aware that any time you start asking about where to sell, you're risking biting someone else's business, so tread lightly.

And remember...none of us know it all

|
|

Last edited by menty666; 2010-06-12 at 6:12pm.
Old 2010-06-12, 6:08pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNovice View Post
Hey now, Aleta, these are TOBACCO pipes, not for MJ! The local smoke shop that I sell to includes a 1 gram packet of tobacco with every pipe he sells. He even tells people that they wont want to smoke it, but its there. Pretty funny.
OOps! I never knew that ppl used them for regular tobbaco. That explains why I see them being sold in gas stations here in Florida.
Old 2010-06-13, 3:26am

Hi
Your pipes look awesome ,I guess you use boro. What made you get into this type of style? I seen some pipes in a store by me, they look very time consuming. This store sells alot of marbles. There is a boro room here. Maybe check in there?
penny5658

Last edited by penny5658; 2010-06-13 at 3:28am. Reason: more info
Old 2010-06-13, 4:00am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I know of a couple of local folks who have stopped making pipes etc because of a brand new federal law passed recently. You might want to check into that before you invest a ton of time and energy in that direction.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-06-13, 8:27am

Havent heard of the new federal law you mentioned, patienthand...... Any reference to it? I did a few google searches and didnt see anything.......
Old 2010-06-13, 9:47am
Borovangelist

It's a state law, not federal.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/...ans_bong_sales

There were others, but this was the first reference I ran across.

|
|
Old 2014-07-01, 2:58pm

Default A new place to sell your glass

We just opened the doors to bongazon.com and answered your prayers. A marketplace to buy and sell glass bongs, pipes and accessories.

Join us and build our brand new community. All listing are FREE! Your storefront is FREE! You only pay a flat percentage which includes paypal and transaction fees!

Check us out and sell some glass, Bongazon.com
Old 2020-08-30, 11:13am

Default Trouble Locating Bongazon

Hope someone can help. I haven't been successful in finding a way onto Bongazon. Posts in this and various related forums mention that it's a great place to sell glass, but their Facebook page doesn't seem to be up and running. Any suggestions?