LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2008-08-10, 10:24pm
Old to LE, new to torch

Default 2 Youtube tuts

I have organized 2 lampwork tuts on youtube into playlists, piecing together the parts into their proper order. One of them has a step missing that I couldn't find anywhere on Youtube. If anyone else can find the missing step, let me know and I'll add it into the playlist.
These tuts are courtesy of RefinedWithFire, and expert village.

Seascape Bead:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...6688D74700C5E5

Encased Striped Bead:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...50FE7BFF460519

I work a graveyard shift, so if I don't answer posts/pms right away, it's because I'm sleeping, not being rude
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by EaglesLegacy; 2008-08-11 at 3:53am.
Old 2008-08-11, 4:33am
Cherine Perrin Glass

I just watched the striped one, very cool!

My Etsy shop: https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2008-08-11, 8:28am
Just me

Hi Cindy,
I found the missing two videos for the Seascape bead and I think they're all in order too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztS-...x=0&playnext=1

I really hate the way expert village breaks up the videos like that. At least they could number them so you know what order they go in. In my playlists I have several of their tutorials organized and all should be in order. It was a really time consuming project for me but I wanted to see them!

I'm going to look at the stripe tut and add it next. If you go to their website they have a lot of tutorials on lampworking. Many I don't have so I guess I know what I'll be doing for a while. Lol.

ETA: Here's a tut on their site on making floral beads with cz centers, a good look at how to encase as well. The flowers aren't encased but she shows how to to do the frit covered base. I don't see this on youtube or at least the searches I've tried aren't showing it. If someone finds it please let me know I'd like to add it to my playlists at youtube. and p.s. they don't have them in order on their site either so you'll have to figure out which order to look at them.
http://www.expertvillage.com/expert/1856.htm

Also here's a tut on making a mardi gras bead on youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3JdC...x=0&playnext=1

Fumed silver bead tut. Good shaping tips shown here and organic techniques.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txJxl...x=0&playnext=1

Glass bead making equipment. I can't tell if these are supposed to be in any specific order so I just added them as listed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKuK7...x=0&playnext=1

I'll continue looking and posting as I find them.

Last edited by Bubbyanne; 2008-08-11 at 10:15pm.
Old 2008-08-11, 10:08pm
Old to LE, new to torch

Awesome. Thank you!

I work a graveyard shift, so if I don't answer posts/pms right away, it's because I'm sleeping, not being rude
Old 2008-08-11, 10:14pm
Just me

Thank you Cindy for bringing these new tuts to my attention, I forgot to say that in my above post.

Old 2008-08-11, 10:15pm

I watched all these today, and they are soooo good!

Thanks for all your work posting these!
Old 2008-08-12, 6:12am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I clicked on the link which took me to the two tutorials listed. When I selected one, it openend the window and told me to install the latest Flash player so I did. I closed my browser (IE6) openend it and went through the same steps above and got the same message.

Any other way i can view them? Can I go to youtube and find them? If so, what would I search for?
Old 2008-08-12, 8:38am
Just me

I'm not sure what the problem with viewing the tutorials is Barbara but if you search youtube for tabular glass bead and striped glass bead the tutorials should come up for you. The first is broken up into 8 segments and the second into 7. You'll have to figure out what order to view them but they're good tuts, pretty easy to see, and worth the trouble.

Old 2008-08-12, 9:31am
Spoiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance_1 View Post
Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I clicked on the link which took me to the two tutorials listed. When I selected one, it openend the window and told me to install the latest Flash player so I did. I closed my browser (IE6) openend it and went through the same steps above and got the same message.

Any other way i can view them? Can I go to youtube and find them? If so, what would I search for?
You need to update to the newest version of Internet Explorer.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-08-12, 11:07am
Resident hippie

Thanks very much for doing this Cindy and Bubby - great information in these, much appreciated.

Anna
Old 2008-08-12, 9:10pm
Old to LE, new to torch

Thank Refined With Fire. She took the time to film these in such a clear, patient way.

Old 2008-08-13, 1:44pm

Thank you Refined with Fire!

I'm watching some I missed. I thought I saw them all but I didn't see the mardi gra bead video.
Old 2008-08-13, 1:51pm
Pyro Tyro

Hey thanks!! This is neat-o!

Old 2008-08-13, 5:00pm
Living out Loud

Thanks so much.
Old 2008-08-15, 9:29am
Just me

I agree, they're great tutorials, she did an awesome job explaining everything so well and making the steps so visible. I'm glad to have an opportunity to watch and learn from her in this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesLegacy View Post
Thank Refined With Fire. She took the time to film these in such a clear, patient way.

Old 2008-08-22, 10:28am
Resident hippie

"Thank Refined With Fire. She took the time to film these in such a clear, patient way.

Of course you're right Cindy - Refined with Fire has done amazing work on these videos and I am very grateful. Thanks to you Refined with Fire.

Anna

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2008-09-13, 8:57am
Drawn to the Flame

Default Thank you SO much Everyone!!!

Hi Everyone,

Cindy...thank you so much for isolating these and posting these!
I filmed them in the spring, but I have ONLY WATCHED ONE!
(I am a bit embarrassed by them for some reason!)

I didn't really tell anyone in the lampworking community about them either...
I was kind of waiting until I got my website done....
BUT WE ALL know how THAT goes!!! LOL...
It IS on the list of things to do!
(Once I get my studio set back up...
I have relocated from Florida to South Carolina!)

EVERYONE else...thank you for your comments and compliments!
You all have TRULY made my day!

-Teresa
Refined with Fire
www.RefinedWithFire.com

Last edited by Refined with Fire; 2008-09-13 at 9:06am.
Old 2008-09-13, 9:10pm

Thak you to all who have brought these tuts to fruition.,,,so much appreciated!!

karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-09-15, 12:38pm
Smooches!

Teresa - wonderful video tuts!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-09-22, 6:46pm

Thank you Teresa for making these videos. It's great to be able to watch someone actually make beads.
And thank you Cindy for posting the links for us.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell