Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2015-03-19, 7:24am

Default OG15 vs OG20

I'm finally going to upgrade my oxygen and am looking at the OG 15 and the OG20. First, is the OG 15 still being made? I have not been able to find it online, but I may not be looking in the right place. For folks who have one or the other, how do you like it. I'm currently running a Piranha and my 5LPM oxycon just can't keep up with the big gathers I work with when pulling stringer. I'm not looking to move to a bigger torch anytime soon, but given the price, this will most likely be the last oxygen system I get, so what can you run on a 15 vs a 20. And finally, if you have one, is it worth the $$ you spent?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-03-19, 12:43pm
Alaska Boro

Another consideration is looking for another 5 LPM unit at the same PSI that you now have. Something under 15,000 hours in the range of $150 to $200 would be reasonable. See what Craig's List may have in your price range.

Found that running the Cricket does require two 5 LPM machines for good performance. It will run with one 5 LPM machine but with reduced output. However, if you do obtain a second machine, make sure the second machine has the same PSI output. i.e. 5 PSI for both or 10 PSI for both etc. Mixing output pressures does not work well.
Old 2015-03-19, 2:36pm

Problem is that the concentrator I'm on now has over 30,000 hours so I really need to replace it and get another. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want a system I won't have to upgrade again

Old 2015-03-19, 3:58pm
da General

Not sure where you plan on putting your oxycon, Carol, but keep in mind that the OGs are loud. I was debating between that and a Regalia and went with the Regalia due to the noise. Either will power the Pirahna well (inner fire of my Barracuda). Don't let the numbers fool you - a single Regalia at 10lpm and 7-9psi powers the Barracuda the same if not better than two M15s hooked together. I actually have them all together when I use the both fires on the Cuda.

|
|
|
|
Old 2015-03-19, 10:43pm

Myself I want a homefill for running a large torch working boro.

A complete system that includes a new concentrator would let you use all you want.

$1,250
http://saltcityglass.com/products/tank-filling-systems/
Old 2015-03-27, 10:05am

I purchased a OG15 from Dave at Available Oxygen. I'm still setting up my studio, so haven't had a chance to run it yet.