Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-12-04, 4:30pm

Decided to try something new with these pendants and leave off the loop. I kind of like using the hole as the way to string it up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-12-04, 4:41pm

That's a beautiful green in that pendant Heidi. What color is that?
Old 2007-12-04, 5:15pm
Flame Dame

Wow, Rose! Those are incredible! I like the pink...I may have to get some of the Lauri Bronze.

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2007-12-04, 5:47pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite

Cool Stuff people!
My kiln has been down so today was the first day back up and running WHOOHOO!

I was goofing around with different colors in an implosion....well it looked like H*LL so I went with it.

I have recently did a little trading with Chris for some of his milli and decided to use the skull and make "daunte's inferno" (see Chris I told you the torch tells me what to do)
So here's a pic of the pendant and some of the AWESOME MILLI

Thanks Chris
Kare

Old 2007-12-04, 6:09pm
Pyromaniac

You are all making me drool tonight, wish I had something to show -- maybe some boro icicles soon!

Is it just me or is the boro room HOTTTTT lately!!!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2007-12-04, 8:48pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
You are all making me drool tonight, wish I had something to show -- maybe some boro icicles soon!

Is it just me or is the boro room HOTTTTT lately!!!
Yup it's HOTTTT!

Old 2007-12-04, 11:39pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Rose!!! they are absolutely beautiful!!

Old 2007-12-05, 5:19am

Thanks Leah and Suzanne. They're nothing compared to the colors I see in this forum. I made some more last night, but encased them. The pink comes out with the clear, that's for sure. The unencased beads are very dark and earthy. Anyways, I want to see what others do with this glass.

I am having a love affair with Havana Light. OMG! I love that stuff encased.

Old 2007-12-05, 7:14am

Wow, beautiful colors people! I just can't get the supper nice colors reliably yet.

Cheers,

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-12-05, 9:08am

Here are the Lauri Bronze encased. I like these alot and think they'd be nice with aged copper.
Attached Images

Old 2007-12-05, 9:42am
Renee Weaver

Rosebeads, those are wonderful. Can I ask what frit you used? I have some of the bronze that is not working for me yet. But here is some of my test beads for the purple creme soda. I Love it!

Old 2007-12-05, 9:45am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Renee!!! I just had a purplegasm

Old 2007-12-05, 9:48am

Renee can I ask how you worked the PCS? Mine came out amber....

Old 2007-12-05, 11:42am
Flame Dame

I think I might have gotten some of the Lauri bronze in the boro box. It wasn't marked, but did come out as purple/blue, kinda like DAP or TP. The rods I have are a dark amber with sparkly stuff...is that the Lauri Bronze?

Leah

Old 2007-12-05, 11:46am
Renee Weaver

Thanks! Yes they are so purple..ishous I've been carrying them around in my pocket. They are really simple since I was just testing the color...one wrap of color straight from the rod and 3 wraps of clear. Heat real hot, no flame strike, 1080 30 min. , 1050 30 min. I have a kiln full of beads with this base and different frits, I'll post any that look good. Darn I wish I had bought more than 1/2 of a pound of this.
Leah, my bronze rods look kinda tan-bronze, not completely translucent.

Last edited by Renee Weaver; 2007-12-05 at 11:52am.
Old 2007-12-05, 12:06pm

Gorgeous, Renee .... just gorgeous!

Lynx & Hurricane
Old 2007-12-05, 12:46pm
Mandrel Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Here are the Lauri Bronze encased. I like these alot and think they'd be nice with aged copper.
Rose,

Can I ask did you reduce them before encasing? I really like both of the colors you got with the glass.

Thanks,

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2007-12-05, 12:55pm
Hummel factory reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
Renee!!! I just had a purplegasm
I'll have what she's having.....

Old 2007-12-05, 1:40pm

Renee, I like that purple, too! Will have to keep trying to win some of that.

For Lauri's Bronze.

Leah, I don't think that is what you got. I just wouldn't compare it to the colors you did. It's pretty soft when melting, for boro. And you may see sparkle and snap while working. And it comes out a kind of trans. light brown before striking. After striking it really darkens up.

For the encased beads I used some extra light yellow frit. Melted that in and then heavily reduced. Then encased. I probably struck them after melting in the clear. I was on automatic pilot ya know.

I was told by GA that this is very similar to their regular bronze. So I went to their site and read up on how to work bronze. That helped and is how I'm doing it. They also suggest working hot and beating it up. Like make a blob with a reducing flame and then pull that out and use it. I did that also. Go to the firt pic I posted and look at the 2 beads middle center and right. They came out the darkest.

Anyways, I haven't tried not reducing it and then striking. I will try that today. It DOES get darker from reducing.

I like the encased ones best because all the other ones are so dark. They are really fun to photograph and blow up to see the colors, but to the eye they are dark.

Old 2007-12-05, 2:04pm
Renee Weaver

Holy crap! My very favorite beads ever! On the left I used purple haze frit and the 4 beads on the right I used DAP frit, I think I like them the best.

Old 2007-12-05, 2:14pm

OH! The ones on the right! OH MY!!! Really, those colors are so gorgeous!

I think I was told there is no more of that color available. Ever??? Does anyone know?

Last edited by Rose; 2007-12-05 at 2:17pm.
Old 2007-12-05, 4:03pm
The Venerable Bead

if you e-mail GA they will let you know what day and time they plan to relist more.

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-12-05, 4:35pm
Melting for Glass!

OMG - I am dying here people! I will be away from my studio for about four weeks and seeing all of these fabulous beads is making me want to cry!!!
I want to torch!!!

Kare - OMG!!! Cherry Blossom! I am in love! and THANK YOU for sharing - gorgeous bead!
Leah - yummy!! THANK YOU for sharing - gorgeous beads!
Staci - very cool - love the squares. My squares seem to end up with a thick layer of clear. THANK YOU for sharing
Rose - WOW - must get some Laurie Bronze! Is that GA boutique color?
I love both the focals and encased set! Will you post some pics of Havana Light!? and THANK YOU for sharing.
Renee - OMG & WOW - I want some Purple Cream Soda too! Oh man - all these beautiful colors none of which I own By the way who makes purple haze frit? and THANK YOU for sharing.

Cecilia

Old 2007-12-05, 5:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonker View Post
That's a beautiful green in that pendant Heidi. What color is that?
If you're referring to the first pendant that is Precision Millenium Falcon.

Old 2007-12-05, 6:00pm

Thanks....I like that color....gonna have to get me some. Does it not like being encased like most greens?
Old 2007-12-05, 6:06pm
stacijane on Etsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Weaver View Post
Holy crap! My very favorite beads ever! On the left I used purple haze frit and the 4 beads on the right I used DAP frit, I think I like them the best.

Old 2007-12-06, 7:03am

I don't know...I've never tried encasing it before.

Old 2007-12-06, 8:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
I think I might have gotten some of the Lauri bronze in the boro box. It wasn't marked, but did come out as purple/blue, kinda like DAP or TP. The rods I have are a dark amber with sparkly stuff...is that the Lauri Bronze?

Leah
That probably isn't the Lauri Bronze. The Lauri Bronze was just released last week by GA in their Glasstique section of their website. I just received mine in the mail, but haven't had time to play with it yet.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-12-06, 12:50pm

Here are my Purple Cream Soda beads. I called GA this morning and they confirmed that this color is all gone. I worked these the way Renee advised, hot, not flame struck and then I had to go up to 1125 for an hour to get the purples to come and play. The set I flame struck came out white.

Old 2007-12-06, 1:39pm
Flame Dame

Default I've solved the mystery!

I got my glass order yesterday and the unmarked rods I got match perfectly with Momka's Purple Thunder! Mystery solved!

Leah