Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-01-28, 10:38pm
Renee Weaver

Thanks Beau,
Can you see the reflection of my black camera in the neck? I am so blown away by your beads. Do you teach classes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-29, 8:59am

I love your blown beads, Beau. And Renee, your vessel is nothing to sneeze at either. Gorgeous!!

Old 2008-01-29, 12:23pm
No Problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Weaver View Post
Thanks Beau,
Can you see the reflection of my black camera in the neck? I am so blown away by your beads. Do you teach classes?
Hmm, I didn't notice exactly what the reflection was...

As far as classes go... I would teach a class but being that I'm kind of an "underground internet entity" if you will...I don't get out or travel much.
Shani and I stay home with our pets, work in our garage/studio and sell 99% of our work on the internet. We've done a couple shows but only a couple...we did well but the internet biz works for us.

It would be cool to be invited to teach at one of the glass studio/stores out there but I just don't promote myself enough or even gotten to that point (whatever that point is) I guess.
I have some formal training in most types of glasswork from furnace-fusing-casting-coldwork-stained glass, but am largely book/internet/self taught. Does anybody care if I have a college education or whether or not I studied with [drop big name here]?
Lately I feel that I would like to get out and take some more advanced classes myself LOL.
I'll always be a "student of glass" and while I have alot of information and technique to share, it's not like I don't have alot to learn.

To more simply answer your question..
I would be more than happy to teach a blown bead class anywhere.
I would even hold private lessons here provided that aren't intimidated by cats, birds and my big scary wolfdog. (Just FYI. They're not allowed in the workshop)

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-01-29, 3:14pm

Desert Bloom

I was trying to get pictures today but the clouds keep covering the sun and then there are those trees in my neighbors back yard...

This is also one of my new "Watercolor Series" silk ribbons.

Painted Desert Watercolor Ribbon

Heidi

~~
~~

Last edited by Jamn!; 2008-01-31 at 12:33pm.
Old 2008-01-29, 3:14pm

not to mention my focus was a bit off today.

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-01-29, 9:26pm
Gay rights R human rights

took 75 pics tonight...so I finally have something to show.

this is a focal of AP and transparent yellow frit.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-01-29, 9:39pm

[/quote] I would be more than happy to teach a blown bead class anywhere.
I would even hold private lessons here provided that aren't intimidated by cats, birds and my big scary wolfdog. (Just FYI. They're not allowed in the workshop) [/quote]

Let me see.... Fernley, other side of Reno, 3 hours from Sac town. . . and Arrow Springs...I have inlaws in Reno....

Very Tempting!
Vanessa
Old 2008-01-30, 8:19pm
Melting for Glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingBeau View Post
It would be cool to be invited to teach at one of the glass studio/stores out there but I just don't promote myself enough or even gotten to that point (whatever that point is) I guess.
I have some formal training in most types of glasswork from furnace-fusing-casting-coldwork-stained glass, but am largely book/internet/self taught. Does anybody care if I have a college education or whether or not I studied with [drop big name here]?
Lately I feel that I would like to get out and take some more advanced classes myself LOL.
I'll always be a "student of glass" and while I have alot of information and technique to share, it's not like I don't have alot to learn.

To more simply answer your question..
I would be more than happy to teach a blown bead class anywhere.
I would even hold private lessons here provided that aren't intimidated by cats, birds and my big scary wolfdog. (Just FYI. They're not allowed in the workshop)
You are incredibly talented!! I am going to talk to a couple of studios to see if we can bring you to KC! I would love to take a class from you.
Also you can submit your name to the ISGB to teach at the Gathering - am thinking that they are getting that set up for next year which will be in Miami.
I think Lisa St. Martin and Larry Brickman are in charge of classes as well as the demos. I think both have websites.

As a side - the Gathering is in Oakland this year which would be probably a do-able drive for you. I heard there are going to be three pretty amazing Boro people teaching. I think the info is coming out in a couple of weeks.

Cecilia

Old 2008-01-30, 9:28pm
No Problem!

Vanessa, just let us know!

Tiggy, that yellow frit over other boro colors is nice ain't it? Looks good!
The clear frit is pretty fun to play with too.

Cecilia,
Sounds great, I'd love to get out and shmooz a bit...
We actually showed up at the NCBS Bead Bazaar in Oakland a couple years ago and did pretty good.
I'll keep the peepers peeled in regards to the gathering..maybe so.
We're such homebodies with our pets, workshop and internet that we just hunker down most of the time and stay busy honing our skills and payin the bills. I definitely feel that it would be good for us and others too if we came out to play with our fellow glass-workers more though.
My gears are well oiled and turning with new avenues in mind so I'm sure that things will come together.
Thanks to all for the gratification,good stuff!

How about another couple of beads?

I LOVE the way this one turned out!

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-01-30, 10:11pm
Master Procrastinator

These beads are killer!!! I'm in awe of you! How about doing a video? I'd be first in line

Quote:

I LOVE the way this one turned out!

Old 2008-01-31, 8:11am
Renee Weaver

Darn it, I just did a map search for Fernley nevada and I'm a 7 hours drive away.
Not impossible, just more complicated.
Whoops forgot to say, that last bead is a killer Beau.

Old 2008-01-31, 8:31am

Beau - how about that video - that's a great idea! I took a class with Doug Remschneider and we made a blown bead but mine looked like a potato It is definitely not a simple thing to learn and having a video to watch over and over would be a great help. I think having someone do a blown bead video who really has a focus in their work on beads would be good too. I think on some videos the bead techniques are thrown in with other techniques and not shown in as much detail as they could be. And having a focus on beads, you have a really creative perspective on the design of the beads and the colors.... Just a thought!!

Sandy
Old 2008-01-31, 6:06pm

Yes, please consider. You have a very distinctive style that we all love. And yes, that last one .... wowzer!!!

Old 2008-01-31, 6:33pm

Me too! I would love to take a class!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-01-31, 7:37pm
No Problem!

You all are great! And it seems that the ball is already rolling as far as a class goes!
Vanessa helped with the nudge I needed and got in touch with Arrow Springs.
I spoke with the GM there and she basically said that if we can get enough people together she would book me for a class.
She's heading off to Tucson for the show but said that we would talk more about it upon her return.
I've bought alot of my things there over the years and been to a couple of events there. The whole crew there is awesome.
So nothing for sure yet but if I do hold a class in the near future it will likely be there. You can check out their website at www.arrowsprings.com to see exactly where they are.

So chew on that and tell your friends , I guess that you could PM me if you're interested. If it turns into an official list/sign up, to be fair the class will of couse be filled starting with the first request and so-on. Again this is all pending further communication with AS.
I want to put out a video as well but that's going to have to be down the road as I need to pool some resources to make that happen properly.
to all!

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-02-01, 4:00am

Uh ... When?

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-02-01, 9:40am
No Problem!

It all depends on the demand. If they we can get a group together to take the class then they said that they would book me.
I still need to speak with them further. When the manager gets back from Tucson I will talk to her and find out more. For now I'm just trying to see how many people would like to come and play so that I can communicate that to them.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-02-01, 3:17pm
Ezzy

Quote:
Here's a few new favorites...

Quote:
Here's a new one from me. Something I hadn't tried before now...
Nice sneaky snake Roger..ever seen Mr. Deeds.? "Bedy Bedy sneaky" that always cracks me up!
Oh yeah, you need to teach a class at AS.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2008-02-01, 8:41pm

Well, Whatever they are, I'm in love with these!! Nice work Leslie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggybubba View Post

Here are some simple frit beads. I think its DAP over Almond Nugget but dont hold me to it.

Leslie
Old 2008-02-04, 7:29pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
OMG you guys and gals, everything here is fabulous! Toni, I can't believe the size of those marbles. Just beautiful.

I have some meazly little beads to show today, lol. I'm happy these days just to get color. So these are my Oh My Gosh beads. OMG I got color!
these are BEAUTIFUL!!

R-118
Old 2008-02-04, 8:15pm

Hi Y'all,

Really beautiful work in here!

I have been doing soft glass for four years, and have recently decided to try some boro. I took a class with Smiley last week...can you say FUN??? (Thanks Brent for a great class, and for putting up with us!)

Here are my first and second boro pieces ever. I'm sure it will get better...talk about a learning curve!

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly
Old 2008-02-05, 6:59am
Pyromaniac

Wow great first pieces!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-02-05, 9:58am
No Problem!

Beautiful hearts Lisa! That's great work, I'm sure you made Brent a proud teacher.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-02-05, 10:31am
Flame Dame

I wish my first pieces looked that yummy! Good job, Lisa! Do you remember what colors you used?

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-02-05, 5:27pm

Beautiful work everyone! I seriously love the boro look! Leslie, your bead set is gorgeous. And Beau, well, you know I love your work. I want to be like y'all when I grow up!

Thanks for the encouragement, but I have soooo much to learn. It's just like soft glass, PPP is the key. If I could only persuade Beau into traveling to Indiana or Illinois to do a class with us corn-county people....

Leah, I do remember:
The first one is multi on white rolled in large clear frit
The second one is DAP on white with clear dots

Thanks for sharing, you all rock!

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly
Old 2008-02-06, 8:48am

Nice photography on that boro, dear!

Yes, we had so much fun with Brent. He is a very good teacher and coach! I'm mooooving to the dark side!! Wooo hooo! Here I come! I love an adventure!

Old 2008-02-08, 4:42am

Once you go boro... lol

Have fun!

Heidi

~~
~~