Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-04-14, 8:38am

Default Source for System 96 rods needed

Hello! Can you all tell me where you buy your Uroboros System 96 rods from?
Thanks so much!!!
Kelly

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Just an update for everyone. I ended up ordering from Olympic Color Rods. The customer service was wonderful. I ordered a bundle of every System 96 color, and a few others they carried. I really don't think I can ever remember receiving a glass order packed that well! They are vendors who definately left a great first impression.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by KellyD; 2007-04-25 at 11:21am. Reason: Update
Old 2007-04-14, 8:41am
FireandFibers

Quote:
Hello! Can you all tell me where you buy your Uroboros System 96 rods from?
Thanks so much!!!
Kelly
And maybe someplace with a decent discount for larger orders.....

Fire & Fibers Website:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-04-14, 9:40am
Did someone say Oddlot?

I have had good experience with Kalera from Bridgetown Glass. Also Arrowsprings and Olympic Color Rod has specials and a repeat customer discount program.
Old 2007-04-14, 10:03am
Ad astra per aspera

For quantity discounts, I like Arrow Springs. They run sales occasionally so you can get the 30 lb. pricing. Keep an eye out on their monthly flyers.

Old 2007-04-14, 11:13am

Thanks so much to both of you.
I'm off to place an order now

Old 2007-04-14, 12:07pm

Jamey at
also has Uroboros.
Old 2007-04-16, 7:53pm
Rare Florida Native

Bridgetown Glass has the best customer service of anyone around.

Discounts don't always add up to savings when dealing with poor employee's help and communication.

Old 2007-04-16, 7:57pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

you could also PM Glassgoodies here on LE. She has ordered glass for a bulk buy and she may be able to add a person.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-04-17, 9:56am
FireandFibers

Quote:
Bridgetown Glass has the best customer service of anyone around.

Discounts don't always add up to savings when dealing with poor employee's help and communication.
Ya know, I agree with you on the customer service, but I can't see paying $40 a pound for clear glass. Boro glass or boutique glass yes, but not clear I don't care what the COE is.

Fire & Fibers Website:

Old 2007-04-17, 1:18pm

$40/lb for clear Uroboros is crazy! I get mine from Howaco Glass. Good prices, great shipping, great glass, etc. Arrow Springs is often out of stock of the Uroboros and they never seem to know when they'll be getting more -- they too are a great place to get it, if they have it.

Candy

Old 2007-04-17, 2:27pm

Arrow Springs only orders like once a year from what I hear, that's why their frequently out and don't "know" when their getting more

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2007-04-18, 4:04am
Rare Florida Native

Spiral Dance sells white and clear - great service and communication too!

Old 2007-04-18, 9:44am

Hey Charlotte!
Thanks for all of your help
I love spiral dance....that's where I ordered my first supply of 96, but now I see she doesn't carry the colors anymore

Olympic Color Rods sent me a note right after I order and shipped everything the next day. I'm all the way on the other coast though, so hopefully I'll get them tomorrow.

Old 2007-04-18, 3:38pm
Rare Florida Native

Thanks Kelly

I will try Olympic and see how it goes! Thanks for the info.

Old 2007-04-25, 11:22am

Charlotte....Your welcome! I put an update of my vendor experience with them on my original post