Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-12-15, 5:46pm

Default ABR is amazing!

I ordered glass from them this week,.....and it got here this week, that never happens here is Canada
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks so much!! The packaging was also very effective, no broken glass which is wonderful, probably only the second time that has happened for me!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-12-15, 6:48pm

Cool. I've had good results ordering too. The only thing better is being able to drive to get your stuff.
Old 2007-12-15, 7:20pm

I have gotten things in a day and a half from him. I totally agree what a guy!!!
Old 2007-12-16, 3:27am
Knob Creek Glass

And I have one better, they are hosting our ISLAGA (Indiana ISGB) in January!!! Cannot wait! There is nothing like seeing what you want to buy! Thanks Ross.
Old 2007-12-16, 6:38am

I saw that. Unfortunately it's too far to drive even to see the glass.
Old 2007-12-16, 3:10pm
still in my jammies

Thumbs up

I ordered from ABR for the first time last week, and I agree, great online shopping cart and customer service, very fast shipping and great packaging! I would definitely do business with them again.
Thanks ABR!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~

Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties. -Erich Fromm
Old 2007-12-17, 3:27pm

Well fine. Now you got me thinking about this and I went and ordered more glass. When DH sees the shipment I'll place the blame here.
Old 2007-12-19, 6:12pm

I just sent in a postage amount question to ABR - Ross answered it immediately, so quickly, in fact that I was stunned at how quickly the response came.

I just had to place an order right then and there.
Also, the stock that aBR has is amazing, I was browsing through the first 20 or so pages of their "new items" - as a result of that little browse, I've got a new shopping cart started (which will have to wait until this montn's credit card is paid off.)

Thanks again ABR, I am looking forward to dealing with you more in the future.
Cheers

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
Old 2007-12-20, 11:13am

Bad news, goofed up my order and will be ordering again after Christmas I'm sure.

Good news, I've already got glass in the kiln and I ordered late Monday night. I wanted to head out yesterday but it's a sort of Christmas thing so I had to wait till no one was home and pretend I haven't melted any of it.
Old 2007-12-20, 9:13pm

ABR and Ross are the greatest!! My son wanted to surprise me with a new torch set up -- he contacted three sources, including ABR. Ross replied within hours by email and then a phone call, and as for the other two sources, one took 10 days to respond and the other took 3 days.

The delivery get here in three days, counting the weekend!

Great customer service, the best!!!

Shirley
Old 2007-12-21, 2:30am

I'm not surprised to hear all of the wonderful experiences, I was refferred to them by another very satisfied longterm customer of theirs, I have only heard good things, they are on my permanent "do shop there" list,lol.

Old 2007-12-21, 6:05am

I can't wait to see what else the green envy does and work with the crystal clear. I'm not a fan of green but this will be a favorite for sure.
Old 2008-04-04, 11:59am

Gotta give this thread a bump. I've had a new record. 26 1/2 hours from order to my door. I do live in state, but the opposite end. Wow that was fast.

Now I'm kicking myself for not ordering any Mountain Honey. (Clicked on check out too fast while worrying about how quick I'd get my order.) ETA, and that I ordered the wrong size tungsten poker. Now to figure out what I should have ordered. ....
Nah! I think torch first, then figure out my mistake later.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2008-04-04 at 12:22pm.
Old 2008-04-06, 6:37am

ABR came to the International Flameworking Conference in New Jersey. They brought a wonderful selection of glass (vetrofond, moretti, boro, and some double helix), tools, dichro, etc. The guys were so friendly and helpful. ABR is definitely on the top of my list to purchase from.
Old 2008-04-08, 4:18pm
moth to the flame

Wow....I saw this and ordered on the 31st and just got notice of it being shipped today (7th) ...supposed to be here by the 14th.

Maybe they were at that show?

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.

Last edited by BeadMaven; 2008-04-08 at 4:26pm.
Old 2008-04-08, 4:27pm

Bummer. My first order took a while. Everyone else raved. I've ordered since the first one and it was quick. Then this one and I'm thinking the only way it could have been better was if I drove there myself. And if I'd ordered the right stuff.
Old 2008-04-08, 4:55pm
California grrl

Thumbs down Need Customer Service lessons, too

Bought a huge(expensive) set-up from them they took 2 weeks getting it here after cashing my check... then they charged my cc for things I was told I wasnt gettting charged for ...? Then I realize they sent me wrong hoses and they tell me they are sending me right ones nc, but do charge my card ? No directions sent for my $700 oxy-con so I call and then I was told that my oxy con directions are at the company that makes it website - wow negative customer service if you ask me! Get over $900 bucks and leave me dangling
Boy I sure wish I had bought from stained glass place that has it for almost $200 cheaper - same machine too ~ bummed big time ~ buyers beware ~
Old 2008-04-08, 5:24pm

Wow. A $700 oxy-con would scare me no matter who it was from. I can't take the leap. I put up with a tank.
Old 2008-04-10, 9:37am
moth to the flame

Quote:
Bummer. My first order took a while. Everyone else raved. I've ordered since the first one and it was quick. Then this one and I'm thinking the only way it could have been better was if I drove there myself. And if I'd ordered the right stuff.
Live and learn I guess.
I am sure its a bummer to wait and a bigger one to order the wrong stuff

Ooh, fyred that is really bad. Buyer beware for sure.

Sorry for you both!

Apparently its just slow CS rather than being OOT.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-04-10, 10:31am
Fusing Glass

They have been busy since the death of ASK and have been hit hard recently by orders and acquiring more ASK from other vendors for us.

I am sorry if you had problems with them.
Old 2008-04-10, 10:35am

I'd have been pretty good if I wasn't so rushed ordering. I wanted a small tungsten poker and thought I ordered the smallest. Either I did the math wrong, or I need to order one else where. No big deal there. Good news is I'm practicing with one I can't fry.
But I also meant to order some Mountain Honey and hit check out before I put it in my cart.
Not that I can blame either on them.