Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-02-07, 9:14pm

Default Vetrofond black

Any body know who has some for sale?
Old 2011-02-08, 1:15am

I have some. Click on link below
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-02-08, 4:13am
sunscreen me baby

says sold out
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

Old 2011-02-08, 4:56pm

Default BLACK BLACK and more BLACK

At one time we had a few thousand pounds of Vetrofond Black, when we had it remade it came to be looking for like a Metallic Black and I had to refund many customers because it was not black, but then lots of our customers started to want it, but now it is all gone.

At one point between the first time I bought and the metallic version they made one that we gave the stock number of 791064-CR, this glass was not perfect, no problem with compatibility, no problem with metallic issues, but there were some stones in the glass, and probably not crucible stones, but un mixed ingredients. The glass works ok, just one has to keep an eye out, and of course since it was what it is, the price was even lower.

When I read this post I looked into our inventory and it says we have 30 pounds. Now for most companies that sell glass, when their computer tells them that they have only 30 pounds, but they started with 44 pounds, the computer saying 30 pounds available is probably correct.

But when you start with over a thousand pounds and the computer tells you that you still have 30 pounds, what that means to me is that I might have 30 pounds, I might have more, and I might have none at all.

If you can not find any, anyplace and you would like to try the CR, I will ask in the back building if anybody has seen any, if yes, then you got some, if not, then all I can say is that one day I may have Vetrofond black once again, but the last two times they made it, they failed to make it the way my customers like it.

Have you tried Hades or Tuxedo by Creation is Messy?

Thanks

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2011-02-08, 6:02pm
sunscreen me baby

I have replaced my vetro black with Tuxedo. I do like it.

~

Old 2011-02-08, 7:53pm
one day at a time

I would DIE without Vetrofond black! You have no idea how important it is to me and those other colors don't do what I use it for. So is it ever going to be available again?? I have about 1 1/2 pounds and I use it sparingly, but sparingly is not going to last forever!
Old 2011-02-08, 8:49pm
Lampworkaholic!

Tuxedo and Hades are awesome!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-02-08, 9:26pm
I like to melt things

I also love Tuxedo and Hades, but that Vetrofond Black is something I still want.

All of the blacks are amazingly different from each other, and I'm afraid I want them all

-
-
Old 2011-02-12, 4:59pm
Corgi Cult Member

Quote:
I also love Tuxedo and Hades, but that Vetrofond Black is something I still want.

All of the blacks are amazingly different from each other, and I'm afraid I want them all
Yes, I would agree with this! The Vetro black melts faster and tends to hold heat better than the Hades. Don't get me wrong, I love Hades, but there are MANY applications where I would far prefer to use Vetro black.

Unfortunately I had problems with the CR, now I curse what I have left because it is Vetro but not what I want.

Mike, I hope you take a chance and order more. It had been so consistent till those two batches.

Old 2011-02-15, 2:57am

I, too, am looking desperately for some Vetro Black!! I had bought 1/2# a few years ago, but for some unbeknownst reason, my mail person decided to STOMP it to death!! *cries 8( I salvaged what I could....but as they say FRIT happens.
Old 2011-02-26, 4:54pm

Have you tried Flame Tree Glass in Georgia? They have it listed on their website as in stock. It's priced at $10.50 per pound before any discount.

Last edited by Dreamsincolor; 2011-02-26 at 4:59pm.
Old 2011-02-26, 8:13pm
Lampworkaholic!

You can find Vetrofond Black still but it may be the recent batch that goes all gunmetal gray.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox