Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-12-21, 8:51am

Default L torch marver for Scorpion?

I know that GTT makes an L marver for a Scorpion - does anyone else make one?

"The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” Julia Cameron

Scorpion on 2 concentrators
Old 2011-12-21, 10:27am

Quote:
I know that GTT makes an L marver for a Scorpion - does anyone else make one?
I carry a marver made by Griffin Glass Tools that fits the GTT torches. It has a swapable graphite pad (one side is flat, the other side has 3 marble mold cavities). I've asked Scott to make up some L-marver pads to fit these marver brackets. I should have these in about a week.

I also carry the BlastShield line of marvers. These are L-marvers available with (or without) the glass shield.

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2011-12-21, 12:21pm

Just curious, do the blast shields really help? I know you can get dydimium ones, but I was more focused on their actual heat shield capabilities.

I ask because I was working on a large gather of glass and it felt like I was standing in front of a really hot oven. My ventilation is only rated for 1500 cfm, so that might have something to do with it.

Thanks in advance...

-
Old 2011-12-21, 12:45pm

Malcolm, I saw your marvers, but didn't look seriously because I want the L-marver. Do you have pricing on the L-marver yet - will it be the same as the reversible marver with the marble molds??

I have a didymium shield on a flex arm and I love it!

Last edited by wendybritt; 2011-12-21 at 12:49pm.
Old 2011-12-21, 4:23pm

Quote:
Just curious, do the blast shields really help? I know you can get dydimium ones, but I was more focused on their actual heat shield capabilities.
The Blast Shield is mounted on your torch. It is designed to provide protection from the heat, and the IR and UV light. As such, it does provide a lot of relief from the heat.

It does *not* work as a Didymium filter, though. Since it is on the torch, it is close to the heat. The glass used in the Didymium filters can not stand up to the heat that close to the torch.

Quote:
Malcolm, I saw your marvers, but didn't look seriously because I want the L-marver. Do you have pricing on the L-marver yet - will it be the same as the reversible marver with the marble molds??
The L-Marver pad is something very new. That's why it's not yet on the web site. I have not worked out pricing, but it will most likely only cost just a little more than the flat marver. But, you will gain a lot of versatility: you can choose if you want a flat marver, an L-marver, marble molds, or any of the TPT tooling ... all right on the top of your torch.

Malcolm

Email:

Old 2011-12-21, 6:00pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

Quote:
The L-Marver pad is something very new. That's why it's not yet on the web site. I have not worked out pricing, but it will most likely only cost just a little more than the flat marver. But, you will gain a lot of versatility: you can choose if you want a flat marver, an L-marver, marble molds, or any of the TPT tooling ... all right on the top of your torch.

Malcolm

I will be watching out for this myself!!!!!! I have been wanting a marver for my scorp!!!!!

Thanks!

Old 2011-12-21, 8:01pm

Looks like they have one here:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think these might be griffin, not sure
Old 2011-12-22, 8:46am

Quote:
Looks like they have one here:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think these might be griffin, not sure
Yes, they also are from Griffin. Same design, but without the interchangable pads.

Malcolm

Email:

Old 2011-12-22, 9:56am

I don't think that I need the interchangeable pads....

Old 2012-01-11, 1:20pm

I've got the L-marvers.
These have just arrived, and are not up on the web site (yet). Here's a picture of a Scorpion with the L-marver:

This includes the marver bracket and the interchangable L-pad. The price is $65.

Here's the same bracket with the available flat pad/marble mold:

Flip the pad over, and it's a marble mold (or, you can use it as a frit tray):

The price for this setup is $50.

Once you have one of these brackets, you can interchange any of the pads (preferable when the torch isn't lit
). We do sell the pads separately, so you can upgrade your setup at any time.

We also have a pad that allows you to use any of the TPT (The Perfect Tool) marver tops and accessories (shown here on a Minor Burner):

Let me know if you want any more pictures, or have any questions.

Malcolm

Email: