Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-05-15, 5:23am

Default Aventurine Chunks

Hello everyone! I'm looking for aventurine chunks, large or smaller. Preferrably the gold but gold AND blue would be fantastic. I've searched most of your sites but no one seems to have stock, unless I've overlooked something.

Thanks in advance and have a great day

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-15, 6:06am
Lampworkaholic!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-05-15, 6:11am

Hi rose! I was just checking frantz probably as you were typing that! How did I miss that? I checked over there last night and missed it. Thanks for the lead, though.

I may also settle for the rods/stringers too but they would need to be BOLD! I've purchsed gold aventurine stringers before (I don't recall from who) and they weren't worth my time. They were diluted out with WAAYYYYYY too much clear!

Anywhooo...I'll wait to see if any other leads come my way.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2011-05-15, 9:01am
"Sinners have soul too"

Eeeep Duane! Your post count is 666!

Here ya go...

I also, may have some green... my computer shows 0 but I think I might have a small package of that too. I'll be in my studio in a couple of hours if you'd like for me to check.

Old 2011-05-15, 9:12am

Default Shining Rocks

Quote:

Thank you Elizabeth, you did my work for me. We have chunks of Gold, BLue and a bit of Green. We have goldstone ribbon, the supply we have now is different that our first batch. The first batch was a bit wider and a had a nicer shine to the glass. Our present Blue ribbon is nice. So I like the older batch of Goldstone ribbon but we pulled it because the price was $40 based on what I paid for it at that time, prices have gone down, pulled from the website, but still some in the building

We have the Effetre goldstone stringer, if we have any of the handpulled that we were offering at a higher cost than Effetre, the look is totally different and it is probably what you were looking for.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2011-05-15, 10:35am

Hi Duane - there are several folks on ebay selling goldstone as tumbled stones.

Here's one .. there are probably more:

Just another option.
Old 2011-05-15, 11:37am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I have it too as well here

I do have the small 00 and 01 sizes on sale on my Odds n Ends page as well.

Old 2011-05-15, 5:38pm

I have it too but it has not made it to the website yet!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-05-16, 5:55am
no more

The ABR has gold and blue chunks of gold and blue aventurine. I have some old green too, but less than a pound of that.

ps - can't wait to have the ABR garage sale this summer! Everyone can get all those weird items that are still hanging around here, but are off the web!

Old 2011-05-16, 6:38am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
ps - can't wait to have the ABR garage sale this summer! Everyone can get all those weird items that are still hanging around here, but are off the web!
When????!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-05-16, 12:41pm

Posted from my phone but obviously it never made it here. Duane, Opal Yellow, larger rods with stripes--check
Gold Aventurine- large pieces (not that large to where you're going to have to use a hammer- Check

Old 2013-06-29, 1:22pm

Default aventurine on e-bay

Hi all,
So the tumbled aventurine on e-bay can be used in lampwork? Like the chunks the glass or the lapidary folks are selling? Just a newb here ( so new I think I fit in the premature ward).

Ted

Last edited by brewbear; 2013-06-29 at 1:59pm.
Old 2013-06-29, 2:52pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Hi all,
So the tumbled aventurine on e-bay can be used in lampwork? Like the chunks the glass or the lapidary folks are selling? Just a newb here ( so new I think I fit in the premature ward).

Ted
No, goldstone aka gold adventurine (and blue and green) used in lampworking is a man-made substance made of glass and copper flecks and colorants.

It is not the same as the natural mineral/gemstone quartz aventurine.

I know, it's confusing.

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2013-06-29 at 2:56pm.
Old 2013-06-29, 3:03pm
ASamples33

Ok show me what can be done with this. I don't think I ever heard of it before.