Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-05-04, 4:30pm
Flaming Redhead!

Hey Jack...I've got an M20 and an M15...what would you suggest? psst, tomorrow is my birthday, can we deal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2009-05-04, 4:46pm
In search of her path....

I bought an M15 used from another glassworker UPS beat the snot out of it but it still runs great! I just had to get a couple parts replaced but they didnt affect the running of the machine at all I just needed a new belly pan and wheel and jack sent them out to me asap and it was easy peasy to fix. I appreciate all the help Jack has given me and he's not ignored me at all whenever iv pm'ed him and asked him questions.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-05, 9:12am

We always try to make all customers happy but as jack said there is nothing like Tanked Oxygen.That is why we sell the EX-2000. This gives the customer 2000 psi just like the tanked oxygen they get from "Big Gas". This is alwatse an option. But the manufacture cant give refunds because we dont sell them to the end user. Example If you purchase an auto, you pay the dealer 25,000. the Manufacture sold it to the dealer for 15,000. So the manufacture couldnt refund a customer 25,000 when they only sold it for 15,000. We belive in good customer service, but also realize some people would rather complain then resolve the problem. We feel we have done all we could as a company to resolve the problem and make the customer happy. If The torch is beeing ran hotter than normal you may want to hook an EX-15 up with this H-1 and d get more power. The ex-15 is the same as an oxy booster. We even have some scratch and dent equipment that is being sold cheap. As for the 5 or 10 being obsloete.... that wont happen . As for our company going away..... that wont happen. Stop crying, step up try to resolve the problem.
Old 2009-05-05, 9:45am

Extreme someone shouldnt have to hook up a booster at all though, its advertised that it will run the torch.
Old 2009-05-05, 11:00am

Quote:
Hey Jack...I've got an M20 and an M15...what would you suggest? psst, tomorrow is my birthday, can we deal?
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Alex, Happy birthday to you!!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2009-05-05, 11:03am

Now that I sang to you, let me ask you- do you run the M15 and the M20 together? Thats a pretty good combo. But we can do better, I bet. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-05-05, 11:07am

Tanked o2 is 99.8%

866-955-0200
PayPal address

Last edited by oxydoc; 2009-05-05 at 8:00pm.
Old 2009-05-05, 11:28am

WAKE UP !!!!! 2000 psi!!!!! That sounds ALOT like tanked oxygen to me !!!!!
Old 2009-05-05, 11:30am
Flaming Redhead!

Hey Jack, thanks for the song!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, I've got them hooked together and it works fine...but, like you said I bet I could go better. I'm leaving that part up to you!

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2009-05-05, 11:56am

so i talked to Paul from Extreme, top notch guy. I am going to go ahead with a machine swap/repair(whatever Paul deems needed) and see how it goes. This was something others turned me away from but after speaking with Paul i gained confidence in him. I will post some stuff on how the machine does. Thanks everyone
Old 2009-05-05, 12:11pm

I just want to put in that whatever type of oxy supply you are using, whether you are satisfied with it or not depends upon what you expect. If you are used to oxy tanks and work your torch to its fullest extent, then it is unlikely that you will be happy with any concentrator. If you are used to using a very small flame, such as you get from a 5 lpm concentrator, then anything above that is going to look fantastic. I had always used tanked oxy before getting my generator and I knew when I got it that there would be compromise. My generator does not power my torch the way a tank would, but I can still create my art with it and the convenience factor more than makes up for what I lack in oxy supply. Would that be the same for everyone? No, but it works for me.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-05-05, 7:14pm

well i only run my tank at 20psi actually. so comparing the flame to flame there must be something wrong. paul is hooking me up.

Last edited by SillyOlButt; 2009-05-06 at 11:41am.
Old 2009-05-05, 10:07pm

I could be wrong, but I thought the difference between tanked and concentrators wasn't the psi (though there is that), or the size of the flame. Rather, it's the purity of the oxygen and its effect on the glass & colors. A "flame-to-flame" comparison (tanked vs concentrator at the same psi) is going to yield different results on glass sensitive to its atmosphere. Tanked oxy is 99.8% pure, or something close to that. You're not going to come close to that purity with a concentrator, thus the compromise that Pam mentions in her post. I guess what I'm saying is that if you're expecting tanked results with a concentrator, it's simply not going to happen.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-05-13, 5:21pm
In search of her path....

you may want to try your generator/concentrator with a holding tank you can get more consistant psi that way and sometimes get better results.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-17, 9:13pm

Quote:
WOW, do you even know that we have already been around 4 years or more. We have hundreds of satisfied customers and a handful of unhappy ones. There has NEVER been an unsatisfied customer that we have refused to work with. We have been at all the shows so people can meet with us and get to know us. We will be around for a long time. In fact, I am working on a new machine that will be completely new and will make the M5 and M10 obsolete. Victorian Art Glass and Eugene School of Glass will have the first ones to test and OK them. I have personally given away 1000.00s of dollars worth of equipment to help Lampworkers. I only wish that the satisfied people would post along with the unhappy ones. But scams, I dont think so. Sounds like someone from O2+. Jack
Deal.
When you ship my repaired Hurricane back to me, I'll be happy to post the results with and without using the booster. I'll fire it up on my Nortel Major and Lucio burner.

-Laurie Salopek
Old 2009-05-18, 4:24pm

Quote:
Deal.
When you ship my repaired Hurricane back to me, I'll be happy to post the results with and without using the booster. I'll fire it up on my Nortel Major and Lucio burner.

-Laurie Salopek
Cool, sounds great. All we are waiting on is the sieve material.

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-05-28, 7:28pm

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I thought the difference between tanked and concentrators wasn't the psi (though there is that), or the size of the flame. Rather, it's the purity of the oxygen and its effect on the glass & colors. A "flame-to-flame" comparison (tanked vs concentrator at the same psi) is going to yield different results on glass sensitive to its atmosphere. Tanked oxy is 99.8% pure, or something close to that. You're not going to come close to that purity with a concentrator, thus the compromise that Pam mentions in her post. I guess what I'm saying is that if you're expecting tanked results with a concentrator, it's simply not going to happen.
Hey Renee, you are not wrong. The purity of a concentrator can never reach 99.8%. So if you are taking concentrator oxygen and simply pumping it up to 2000 psi, it cannot be compared to tanked o2. Then you have the fact that you are getting 2000 psi. The whole reason oxygen companies pump o2 up to 2000 psi, is simply to get more o2 in the tank and make it last longer. So, if you can plug a concentrator into the wall and turn it on and have it run for ever, then what is the advantage of spending 4000.00 for a pump that gives nothing more than a concentrator will? I guess the only advantage I can see is you can aquire more psi for bigger torches by regulating down from 2000 psi. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-05-28, 8:40pm

Tanked oxy yields better colors than an oxycon with glass that's sensitive to its atmosphere.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-05-28, 9:11pm
Ad astra per aspera

This just came back up and I missed it when it first showed up. I don't know how a Hurricane compares to my Onyx+ (maybe Kimberly could explain) but I've been running a Midrange Plus with mine for over 5 years now, and I'm quite satisfied. It's not quite as hot as with tanked oxygen, but it's excellent for soft glass and works very nicely for (relatively) smaller boro pieces, as well. I've never had problems developing colors, either (once I know what I'm doing with a particular color, anyway
).

Old 2009-06-14, 7:58pm

anyone know whats going on with paul from extreme? cant seem to get ahold of him by any means. sent emails lefts voice mails. doesnt seem like he would just do that, wanted to make sure something crazy isnt going on before i started complaining
Old 2009-06-14, 10:49pm
*Desa Elliott*

I talked with Paul on Friday about a question that I had with my M15. He was very helpful and by following his instruction I straightened out my oxy problem. Bill at ABR mentioned a trade show that they were involved in this weekend. Maybe that is why you couldn't get in touch with him.

Desa

G-88
Creideamh, Sųil, Dėlseachd

(Scottish Gaelic: Faith, Hope, Love)

www.ETSY.com/shop/GothicGlassJewelry
Old 2009-06-14, 11:29pm

hmm i was supposed to get my hurricane back like 2 weeks ago. i have emailed and called and im getting nothing
Old 2009-06-15, 5:18am
No longer a Member

biting my tongue really badly on this one...................
Old 2009-06-15, 8:23am

?????
Old 2009-06-15, 8:25am

I know this is only slightly off topic, but if you have two m-15's (and possibly more on the way) do you need an o2 oxygen booster box for each m-15 or do you chain both into the one? Was thinking about investing in this product and was wondering what everyone thought of it?
Old 2009-06-15, 9:26am
no more

You can Y them together.
Give us a call!
Old 2009-06-15, 9:38am

got ahold of someone down there, should be gettin ahold of paul later today, maybe tomorrow. thanks
Old 2009-06-15, 3:34pm

Quote:
I know this is only slightly off topic, but if you have two m-15's (and possibly more on the way) do you need an o2 oxygen booster box for each m-15 or do you chain both into the one? Was thinking about investing in this product and was wondering what everyone thought of it?
If you have M15s and not ex-15, What torch are you trying to run? Most times you can tie them together and run torches like the Barracuda and Nortel mid-range. If you have an ex-15 or an ex-what-ever, you can contact them. Please don't confuse them with the M15

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-15, 3:52pm

Quote:
hmm i was supposed to get my hurricane back like 2 weeks ago. i have emailed and called and im getting nothing
If you are dealing with paul, you don't have a Hurricane. Only Unlimited Oxygen sells the Hurricane. The Hurricane that we sell has been completely upgraded to a different unit that was sold before. I don't know who builds paul's whatever, (H3 I think it is called) so please don't confuse them with the Hurricane. I am getting a little tired of this company riding around on the coat-tails of Unlimited Oxygen. I never see anyone from that company come on here and try to make the correction of which unit is which. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-15, 5:48pm

no I have two m-15's, not getting them confused (says m15 right on the front) and I have them y chained already i actually wanted to get one or two more, an o2 booster or two and try to run either a gtt phantom or my larger bethlehem pm2d right now I run two m-15's and a firebird, inner flame of my beth etc... and I can rage my firebird/inner flames of my other torches pretty well with two m-15s... and just so I don't sound silly, I am doing all this cause I live somewhere where getting bottled oxygen is just not really a viable option (closest store is literally 40 miles away, they won't deliver, 22 a fillup etc, makes each oxy bottle along the order of like 30 plus dollars a fillup when all is said and done...