Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-07-28, 1:14am

Default Man who sculpts only in soft glass book/dvd

Hi again, the other day I ran across a book or dvd, can't even remember which it was, of a glassworker that made sculpture out of soft glass (which i understand is not the norm). The ad read something like "they said it couldn't be done but he proved them wrong" type of thing.

I am very interested because i am interested in learning the small glass sculpturing as well as beads and when i get that far I'd like to check it out.

thanks for any help
michele
Old 2009-07-28, 4:31am

Hi Michele, I am not familiar with this book or dvd, but all the Italian torchworkers use soft glass, as well as Shane Fero and actually lots of others. Many of them have dvd's.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-07-28, 11:25am
BeadsonCypress

It's about either Loren Stump or Lucio Babaco (sp?). I belirve the quote is attributed to Loren (my hero!)

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-07-28, 11:54am
burnin' glass just becuz

if it's Lucio Bubacco, you can get his dvds from Malcolm @ Artco Inc. just bought them myself and i'm slowly working my way through several hours worth of his demos and it's definitely something to see. the first couple demos made my mouth drop open... i have no idea how he builds his figures without the glass exploding!

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2009-07-28, 12:08pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Hi Michele, I am not familiar with this book or dvd, but all the Italian torchworkers use soft glass, as well as Shane Fero and actually lots of others. Many of them have dvd's.
Shane uses "soft" glass, but it's not the 104 COE stuff most people think of when you hear "soft glass".

Old 2009-07-31, 10:34pm
Drawn to the Flame

You can go to Flame Tree Glass which is outside of Atlanta and Lance is teaching a sculpting class using 104 glass. In the class you will do the human form. Finish one area and NOT come back to it...the way Italian glassworkers do it!

The DVD could be good, but I prefer hands on learning nad Lance's class is not all that expensive. I think it is $150. If you decide to go. let me know as I want to take it too! We could share a hotel room or something!

Good luck!
Teresa

Old 2009-07-31, 10:51pm
PyronamixK

Lance and his wife, Maureen, are both very talented glass sculptors!
Old 2009-07-31, 11:13pm
Drawn to the Flame

OH...
Loren Stump is coming to Flame Tree in the SPRING!!!