No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-09-08, 8:29am
Formerly known as weasel

Default Advice needed please

I have Chagal rods and have not used them as yet. They are calling out to me to use, so I thought if I can find out how I would try it. any one have any tips on how to use this? appreciate your help everyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-09-08, 8:45pm
Formerly known as weasel

Wow I can't beleive no one knows how to use this glass. DoI reduce it?

Old 2007-09-09, 7:38am

I'm not sure that I even know what Chagal rods are, I'm assuming they are glass rods I've not run into (yet )
Liz R

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2007-09-09, 6:33pm
where is that UPS man?

Wilma,
If your talking about the chagall silver blue from rocio. I find it likes to be reduced.
Hope this helps. Put your flame so that you have a good neutral flame to start then once you have shaped your bead. Reduce.
Have fun playing.
Deb

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2007-09-09, 6:54pm

Another thing you can do is encase a base bead with chagall, scroll on some clear, and then reduce.
Old 2007-09-09, 9:22pm
Formerly known as weasel

Thank you so very much. Now I know how to work it. I wasn't sure if I was to reduce it or not.
Thank you again

Old 2007-09-11, 12:28am
Glass-aholic

ooouuuu... i have a few rods of this too! i haven't played but I will now!!! i'll try and experiment!!!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2007-09-11, 5:44am

Can someone post a picture of what these rods look like, both as rods and in a finished bead or three?

Thanks,

Sue
and the present is a gift.