LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-02-10, 11:02am
Storm Queen

Eni should be able to block her from downloading any more tutorials. Also,if anyone is using E-junkie, you can block by name and by email address.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-10, 11:12am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Eni should be able to tell you how it was paid for.

Old 2010-02-10, 11:17am
Still makin' flowers...

Can someone please PM me the phone number of the investigating detective?

If she does do the chargeback, Eni will block her from the site. I'll wait a bit and then email Eni and ask her what the update is and whether she'll share the information.

Even if she doesn't do a chargeback, I think it is shameful that this woman is still purchasing things without paying back the rest of the lampworking community. I'll bet she thinks she has moved on to scamming the jewelry community.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2010-02-10, 11:19am
Storm Queen

Well if Eni waits to block her until she starts doing charge backs it will be too late. Her MO is to buy a bunch of stuff over a week or so period and then a couple weeks later, start doing charge backs.

Old 2010-02-10, 11:20am
Still makin' flowers...

Yes indeed. I agree. Eni prefers to trust that she won't charge back, though.

!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2010-02-10 at 1:33pm.
Old 2010-02-10, 11:21am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Kevin Mitchell
Jasper County
417-358-8177 ext 1214
KMitchell@jaspercountysheriff.org

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-10, 11:23am
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Kevin Mitchell
Jasper County
417-358-8177 ext 1214
KMitchell@jaspercountysheriff.org
Thanks.

!
Old 2010-02-11, 2:58am

I'm going to bump this.

That women has a problem -- it takes time and a whole lot of practice with glass or wire or beads. Yet she is manically buying tutorials. . . .

Get the word out --

And yet again PayPal has another glaring weak link -- exploited by this creep. When is PayPal going to clean up their act?

I'm working on a list of online resources for people on the go (on land or at sea).
Old 2013-01-30, 1:26pm
New Lampworker

This really sucks! Who is she? What do we know about her to date? I've always trusted PayPal. I thought they protected both the buyer and the seller. I guess when push comes to shove, I was wrong!
Old 2013-01-30, 2:44pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlannd View Post
This really sucks! Who is she? What do we know about her to date? I've always trusted PayPal. I thought they protected both the buyer and the seller. I guess when push comes to shove, I was wrong!
This was quite the saga. Her name was Cheryl Curran and she was actually charged with the theft and found guilty. I don't remember how many any more, but I think there were over 20 people that were stolen from and about 10 that went forward with charges against her.

Here is the scenearo super, super short version.

Someone posted in the bathroom that someone had stolen a tutorial from her. That opened pandora's box and turned out a lot of us were going through the same thing.

We tried calling the police down where she lives and we were getting the run around that their wasn't much they could do because of us not being in her state.

Come to find out? The sherrif we were talking to was her son. Yes, her son.

So I personally called the county sherrif down there and he took down all the info and fully understood how sensitive this was. Well, bless him, he drove right over to her house and knocked on her door.

Well, he was really surprised that right there, in her living room was boxes full of our stuff. She confessed right there and he took everything that was visible in site.

She was charged and found guilty.

Short version.

Old 2013-01-31, 11:40am
Dix Harrison

I thought this whole thing (names, targets, MO, etc.) sounded familiar.

She has been around awhile...exploiting good people and stealing from many.

What a low-life.
Old 2013-02-02, 9:20am
Still makin' flowers...

She's still on Etsy. A couple of years after this whole deal, she purchased a tutorial from me on Etsy. Since the good folks on LE had already brought this up, I didn't send her a tutorial and instead just refunded her cash to her credit card. Paypal immediately refunded, but her credit card company took abut a week to post it. By then she'd already sent me a threat to SUE ME since she said I'd kept her money and not sent her a tutorial. Even an email from Paypal with the refund confirmation information didn't stop her from going all rabid on me.

Etsy not only stayed out of it, but then sent me a note that started "Dear Cheryl..."

A few weeks after that, there was a big to-do about her here and she came online and played victim. She even got me involved. She said she'd purchased stuff from me and got everything okay. That was from Eni's jewelrylessons.com site, which automatically downloads and I'm quite sure she did a chargeback from Eni.

Anyhow, she's recently favorited a couple more of my items on Etsy.

!
Old 2013-02-04, 9:22am
New Lampworker

Thanks for the information. I'm new to lampworking and hope I don't run into her! At least I'm forewarned
Shirl.
Old 2013-02-04, 9:24am
New Lampworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlannd View Post
Thanks for the information. I'm new to lampworking and hope I don't run into her! At least I'm forewarned
Shirl.
Life’s too short to not live it as a redhead!

Last edited by *ShirlAnn*; 2013-02-04 at 9:28am. Reason: Change quote
Old 2013-02-04, 2:43pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Hmmz, I have a really bad memory so the names all become a big mess to me but ummm did she ever claim that some LE members threatened to kill her? Yupp, I have had a few interesting run ins lately but no charge backs thank heavens.

Old 2013-02-14, 9:19pm
Formerly FishBulb

She's still around and up to her hijinks?? Good God.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2013-02-18, 12:11am

Wow...found guilty but did she even serve any time?

Old 2013-02-18, 12:11am

Hannah..what's her etsy name so I can keep an eye on it

Old 2013-02-18, 10:15am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

No jail time but she had to pay restitution and she got probation. I don't remember how long that was, couple years maybe? Also, her son did end up resigning his position, but we have no idea if there was any relation to this at all.

Old 2013-02-25, 9:04pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howaco View Post
No jail time but she had to pay restitution and she got probation. I don't remember how long that was, couple years maybe? Also, her son did end up resigning his position, but we have no idea if there was any relation to this at all.
Well, if you read the article linked in post #18, it seems Cheryl's sheriff son and his wife also had a bad habit of not paying their debts, either. Dead-beatery must run in the family.

~
~

#M-191