Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-03-15, 4:31pm

Default Effetre Moretti whatever Opal Yellow

OK I have some...I actually burned some...now I am curious about this color.
has anyone else used it?

I would love some pictures...what it did while working compared to what it ended up ...are two different things...
of course for me any new color ...I do everything to it...reduce it...work it really hot...work it normal ...subject to rapid cool...breathe garlic breath on to it while it cools...etc...

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!

Last edited by !ngridh; 2009-03-15 at 4:35pm.
Old 2009-03-15, 4:38pm

I think garlic breath in a reducing flame makes it turn green I use it in cane that I make. It mixes cool with other colors but don't ask me what because I never remember what I use. I know I have been of great help to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by !ngridh View Post
OK I have some...I actually burned some...now I am curious about this color.
has anyone else used it?

I would love some pictures...what it did while working compared to what it ended up ...are two different things...
of course for me any new color ...I do everything to it...reduce it...work it really hot...work it normal ...subject to rapid cool...breathe garlic breath on to it while it cools...etc...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-15, 4:41pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

Opal yellow is one of my favorites - both light and dark. Psyche looks great on it!

Cheers
Kathy
Attached Images

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2009-03-15, 5:02pm
yukue fumei

Wowzers!

nagi

Old 2009-03-15, 5:11pm
Capp'in Fool

I love Opal Yellow you can get it to blush to pink by cooling it and just flashing it back in to the back of your flame.

Old 2009-03-15, 5:34pm

The body of this birdy vessel and decorations on the stopper is Opal Yellow..one of my favorite colors to work with!

Old 2009-03-15, 5:40pm

You're not talking about an Opalino or Alabastro yellow, are you? Those are totally different beasts.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-03-15, 7:17pm

Wow! Now I need some Psyche to try on opal yellow
(and that's one INCREDIBLE birdie vessel Maggie!!!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-03-15, 8:50pm
Covered in glitter

I love opal yellow! There are varying degrees of color out there though. I have some with a ton of pink in it and a different batch that is more tannish. I love making a base bead of OY and then doing dots in copper green on it. Melt them in and put rubino dots on top of that. It's one of those combos that you can 'move' easily and make some really cool designs with it.
It's a really crappy picture but hope you can see what I mean. I burned the snot out of the bicone too. It doesn't like too much heat and I was playing with my Crickett and talking to someone.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-03-15, 9:22pm
FireBeads

I love opal yellow...I have a conical rod left from the very first batch and I treasure it, lol, I even took it when I got evacuated . I like the darker version, the pale stuff not so much. I like it with Rubino or EDP especially, but I like it with just about everything.
Old 2009-03-16, 3:58am

I use a lot Opal yellow as secondary color. It is always look nice

You can find some pictures in this link
http://lisefperlesdeverre.wordpress....g/opal-yellow/

I use it with Bordello

Lise

Glass beadmaking since 2006.

Old 2009-03-16, 10:37am

Well everything I made came out kind of a opal amber...nothing exciting...I will have to try it with some other colors as well....
I guess I really expected more from it than what I got

Beads galore at my ebay store!

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2009-03-16, 11:17am

awesome beads and ideas..i just made some opal yellow with the black and evil purple twistie, love it love it..

Old 2009-03-17, 7:06am

That sounds more like the opalino or alabstro. You need real opal yellow, especially given your talent with EDP which it loves. It's a true opaque, not opal at all.

I find that I get more blush if I don't re-introduce it to the flame.

Quote:
Well everything I made came out kind of a opal amber...nothing exciting...I will have to try it with some other colors as well....
Old 2009-03-17, 8:11am
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
It sounds like you may have burned it. Opal yellow doesn't really 'do' anything, but it is a marvelous base for other colours.