Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-03-23, 7:43pm
Loving learning

That's a bunch Elizabeth. Bravo!
Old 2012-03-25, 7:47am
Loving learning

OK, slower than most of you, but I have my 2nd 20 finished.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-25, 8:16am
Lampworkaholic!

Nice Eileen!

My beads 61-80.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-03-25, 8:25am
Loving learning

Another great bunch too!
Old 2012-03-27, 12:02pm

Wow how nice. I guess I better put up the ones I made this weekend.
The starfish tut is from Soda Lime Times.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attached Images

Old 2012-03-27, 12:09pm

Wow Pat! You nailed those starfish. Love the fish too. I know the kiddos are going to love them too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-27, 7:24pm

Thanks, Diane for the sweet kudos. I can only sit for a short time right now. So I'm going at them slowly. all thru the Soda Times.
Old 2012-03-28, 6:21pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

OMG those starfish!!!

Eileen love them! I am thinking the skulls will be hits!

Elizabeth, love the latest!!

Old 2012-03-29, 8:24pm
Lampworkaholic!

Last ones. A friend made the orange mask bead. Going to mail them tomorrow. 100 BHKBs. Thanks for the challenge Debbie!
Attached Images

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-03-29, 8:52pm
Loving learning

Wow, you really put out the BC beads this month, and great ones at that!
Old 2012-03-30, 9:02am
Evil Glass Enabler

Liz, I love the ones with the copper butterflies and the huge hollow. I haven't seen a dud in the lot though.
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-03-30, 10:07am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I will pull names on Sunday!! Come on peeps...

Old 2012-03-30, 11:17am
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks Angelique. I try to think, would I like this if I were a kid? Well, sometimes the answer is not sure, but Robert has said many times that kids find beauty in things that we don't see because we are too busy being self-critical.

And not just kids, I have put beads out at shows almost as a joke because I think no one will buy them, and they are the first to sell. Especially those overstruck silver glass beads. We know what they were *supposed* to look like, but customers see pretty olives, tans and caramels and love the *organic neutral* colors. Go figure.

Old 2012-03-31, 8:13am

Liz those are wonderful. I have a bunch of fish but I'm not home to take a pic. They will all get sent next week.
Old 2012-03-31, 3:38pm

I didn't quite make 80 here, but there are seven more in the kiln. I pack and ship tomorrow.

This was a great idea, and the results from everyone are marvelous!
Attached Images

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist
Old 2012-03-31, 6:32pm

That^^^ is a gorgeous bunch of beads!!!

I have more than this to send out but I need to go through them. Monday they go to the PO.

Old 2012-03-31, 6:43pm
Loving learning

The kids will love them Rebecca!
Old 2012-03-31, 6:51pm

Love the sponge bob ones Rebecca! Susan those are fantastic

Here are my contributions, sorry for the crappy pictures, I wanted to get them photographed quickly so I can pack them up tomorrow to ship on monday. I have about 50 smaller beads I am sending too. Lots of little turtles.

Thanks again for doing this Debbie

Caroline

Old 2012-03-31, 6:57pm

Susan and Rebecca,
Those are terrific beads! I just love the animals and cartoon characters. I'm usually not very "playful" in my beadmaking, but after seeing all the wonderful ones on here, I'm going to work harder at it for more BOC beads. Now, where did that Inner Child Spotlight go? Probably hiding out next to my missing Dots book . . .
Cheryl
Old 2012-03-31, 10:08pm
Lampworkaholic!

Susan, Rebecca and Cheryl - those all are great. I need to lighten up my color palatte. My DH says I make dark beads. I think I am especially allergic to yellow but I am going to work on some bright colors, maybe rainbows. I just bought some Messy color Creamsicle to inspire me. It is such a sunny color.

Old 2012-04-01, 5:46am

HOLY moley! You all have made some magnificent beads, all of you!

Diane Woodall, and Glowbead, I SO much enjoyed looking at yours. The little animals are the best ever. The kids are going to love these so much.

Debbie, what a wonderful thing to do, to encourage the making of these beads! Iam soooooooo proud of all of you!!!

Nancy

#R-85
Old 2012-04-01, 3:55pm

Oh Elizabeth I thought your beads were great, Kids love all kinds of colors I think
Your butterfly beads are lovely too. I do find yellow and orange hard to use too.
Old 2012-04-01, 4:12pm

Thanks Elizabeth! i don't think your beads are dark at all! They are lovely!
I never use yellow either, which is why I have a ton of it.
Lots of good cartoon characters are yellow.

Old 2012-04-01, 5:52pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I am going to get the lists of names put into a hat in a bit..,.

Old 2012-04-01, 6:32pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

BTW here is my shipment going out tomorrow:

Old 2012-04-01, 6:54pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Ding ding ding I have 2 winners!

Elizabeth Beads and Diane Woodall!

I will just need you to PM me your email address and I think MGA can email your GC!!

Old 2012-04-01, 6:56pm
I think I could be a bead

Congrats to the winners! The kids are the real winners with all of these wonderful beads!

Old 2012-04-01, 7:50pm

Congrats to the winners! The kids will love all the beads I am sure. Thanks again Debbie for all you do, not just this contest

Caroline
Old 2012-04-01, 7:58pm
Loving learning

Debbie you were awesome to do this & keep BOC in all our minds to get that bead count up!
Congratulations to Elizabeth & Diane!
Old 2012-04-01, 8:45pm
Lampworkaholic!

Omigosh Debbie - thank you! You just redeemed my day.

Your beads are beautiful too. I love those big dots and the hearts.

Thanks for the challenge. I'm committed to maintain the momentum and make more BHKBs in April.

Liz