Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-28, 11:25am
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

He did give you a refund though, Reenie, and he usually doesn't recoup the loss when concentrators are damaged by freight companies. Also, if memory serves me, he sold personal items like torches to make it right with you. It took longer than it should have, but it was a little more complicated than the delay in shipping that Leigh Anne experienced.

There are many lampworkers running his machines happily with no problems. They are worth the wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-01-28, 11:28am

Helloooo....... Lets end it. No need to carry on and on and on.......

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-01-28, 11:32am
Storm Queen

Quote:
As I re-read all the posts this thread got out of hand by the 5th post. It should have been "nipped-in-the-bud" then but the people who have the ability to do so couldn't pull the trigger, so to speak.

I could ramble on forever but I'll choose to express my full opinions elsewhere and at a later date. Thanks for reading!

Peace

Duane
I'm not sure what your issue is but Corri is fully aware of this thread.

Old 2013-01-28, 11:39am

I was simply stating that letting this thread go on as long as it has probably doesn't do much for the image of LE.

Duane
PS. Just to clarify, this post wasn't meant as a negative jab either. Hopefully it is taken as being very positive. If it isn't evryone has their own opinions on how they perceive things and I sincerely apologize.

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Last edited by demcc2; 2013-01-28 at 12:09pm. Reason: add
Old 2013-01-28, 11:48am

Quote:
He did give you a refund though, Reenie, and he usually doesn't recoup the loss when concentrators are damaged by freight companies. Also, if memory serves me, he sold personal items like torches to make it right with you. It took longer than it should have, but it was a little more complicated than the delay in shipping that Leigh Anne experienced.

There are many lampworkers running his machines happily with no problems. They are worth the wait.
Mine shouldn't have been complicated. Over 6 months yes, is a ridiculous amount of time for anyone to have to wait. My main issues is the lies. Just man up and tell the truth! Don't say you sent something and make the customer wait, wait, and wait and then say...oops, it didn't go out.
Don't say you sent a refund and make customers wait, wait, and wait and say.....oops it didn't go out.
It's amazing when things go good, people can talk but when it goes bad, you can't tell me that you nor anyone else would complain. This is hard earned money on both ends. Customers have a right to know why their order is not being shipped.
Also, UPS DOES insure packages and for a few dollars the maker of such product could add more insurance. If UPS is doing the damage, then they pay for it. Period. I have never seen them turn down a claim. When you have 90% of packages being broken, then there's a problem with how you're packing. You don't pack a heavy piece of machinery in peanuts and only peanuts. Common sense tells you, that's not a good thing. The weight of the machine squishes the peanuts down to nothing!
I'm glad this worked out. Sometimes, you have to air your complaints or nothing will be done. I'm done with the thread and happy for the outcome but tired of seeing all the threads and not a thing has changed!

Old 2013-01-28, 11:50am
Flame On!

Quote:
I really don't have a response to all the things you said and the name calling you resorted to. I can only imagine the response I would get if I talked to people the way you do. I will not force you to take something you no longer want. I will give it to the next customer in line and you can have a refund.
Maybe most people are not as aggressive in defending themselves as I am, and I make absolutely no apologies for doing so. I called you dishonest, and you are.
You could have easily caused me dire financial consequences when you removed money from my account without my knowledge. The excuse I was given after the fact about needing money to buy parts is irrelevant. Mortgage companies don't have sympathy for bounced checks, and I have none for you.
I called you shady, and you are. There is something not right about a business owner who seems to have such a large volume of business, yet has to rely on funds from future sales to purchase what should be STOCK. It's called running a business.
I called you greedy. Well, if you "love your customers" so much and have a waiting list, what motivates you to try and refuse refunds? I think that's greed.
I think it's interesting that you post your offer of a refund 3 hrs after I filed a claim with the FTC and signed several sworn affidavits at my bank. The matter is no longer in your hands.

Old 2013-01-28, 11:50am

Desta: Thanks for mentioning the filters for the concentrators. I have one from Oxydoc that I've used for a few years & very happy with it. I've been doing maintenance on mine & am not able to purchase replacement filters. I carefully washed the existing ones in mild soap & water, dried for 24 hrs. & put them back in the machine. I don't think it'll work to do that a second time. I would also like to purchase filters from Jack.
Old 2013-01-28, 12:05pm
Flame On!

Threads and information in forums can easily be deleted, so people need to follow through!!!! If you have an issue with ANY merchant, and feel as though you may need help in resolving it, contact the proper institutions!!! Keep in mind, time is of the essence, so don't be placated by stalling tactics! Filing complaints and disputes is very quick and easy to do. They are fair and will investigate, and this leaves a record for merchants that cannot be deleted, erased or ignored. It also helps keep your fellow consumers safe, because actions are taken against merchants that are found to consistently violate fair trade practices!!!

Old 2013-01-28, 12:19pm

Quote:

Duane
YES, what he said. We been thru this before. There are no winners

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2013-01-28, 12:24pm

"I am sorry BUT it will take another 2 (4, 5, 6) weeks".

"But" has no place in any apology for any reason as it totally negates everything said before and after.

Parts deliveries could be being held because of lack of funds to pay COD's or his account.

Requesting investors makes it sound like there are no possibilities of a bank loan. You cannot simply expand a business with just money. It takes management skills, too.

50% down, 50% charge & shipping at time of delivery would go a long way to appease customers.

My husband and I ran a $5M business with 100 employees, sales and service oriented, so I do have some knowledge regarding customers - happy and unhappy.

Barbara
Old 2013-01-28, 1:14pm

Quote:
YES, what he said. We been thru this before. There are no winners

HaHa...story changes depending on the vendor concerned.
Old 2013-01-28, 1:16pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:

Duane
Then stop posting in it - you know that just brings it back to the top, right?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2013-01-28, 2:02pm

Default Unlimited Oxygen Policies

I have not always made the best decisions or judgement calls when dealing with my customers. I do always listen to what others is saying (even the name calling). I have always tried to be honest and fair. I have let many people make payments on units, wait for completion for payment and even layaway units at a sale price. Maybe its not common knowledge. I will do my best to correct that. I will post it on my website and other ads that customers have a payment choice. Most people choose to pay for their units upfront. If they don't wish to do that, then we can take 1/2 up front and 1/2 on completion. Everyone knows that we are slow. Everyone knows we sell a great product. Everyone knows we have a great warranty and support system. We have never cheated anyone out of something they paid for. With that information, everyone can decide who they wish to buy from. Jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-01-28, 2:24pm

Hi Jack,
I've been waiting for my generator for more than 4 months now. I placed my order on the 11th of September 2012. Every couple of weeks you say to me that you did send it out. I've payed upfront by paypal, $450 for M20 plus $350 for sipping to Ireland.
Two weeks ago I spoke to a woman in your office who checked my order up and said that it wasn't shipped.
You don't reply my e-mails, hang up when I call..
How do you want to resolve this?

Tomasz Litwin
Old 2013-01-28, 2:25pm

Quote:
Desta: Thanks for mentioning the filters for the concentrators. I have one from Oxydoc that I've used for a few years & very happy with it. I've been doing maintenance on mine & am not able to purchase replacement filters. I carefully washed the existing ones in mild soap & water, dried for 24 hrs. & put them back in the machine. I don't think it'll work to do that a second time. I would also like to purchase filters from Jack.
I will put the filters back on my website. I did take them off for awhile because we were backordered on them. Jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-01-28, 2:32pm

Quote:
Hi Jack,
I've been waiting for my generator for more than 4 months now. I placed my order on the 11th of September 2012. Every couple of weeks you say to me that you did send it out. I've payed upfront by paypal, $450 for M20 plus $350 for sipping to Ireland.
Two weeks ago I spoke to a woman in your office who checked my order up and said that it wasn't shipped.

Tomasz Litwin
I will email your tracking to you. We did have a little issue of the box size. We had to go thru the USPS to save you shipping cost. USPS has limits on the box size and weights. I have replied to your emails and talked to a female who was calling on your behalf. Jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-01-28, 2:56pm

No doubt Jack makes a quality product, if he didn't he would not have a viable business. It's the manufacture time that people have an issue with.
Jack, I would suggest that you take deposits on orders and not bill the full amount until shipped. Maybe people would feel better about the wait time. One business practice is to "under promise and over deliver". Tell the buyers that it takes 12 weeks to get it built and shipped. When they get it in 10 they will be happy with you and the machine.

BTW, OP you will not receive the order until you pay the shipping charge which is not billed until the order is complete.

For anyone ordering, do not use Paypal as they do not offer a refund as one person got from their CC. This is what I learned from my experience.

I am the one that sold my two unopened M-20's to help with my mom's final expenses. These two units could have been a dent in the back order problem Jack has. However, the new owners of the unit seam to be happy...

Good luck everyone,

Old 2013-01-28, 3:00pm

Quote:
I will email your tracking to you. We did have a little issue of the box size. We had to go thru the USPS to save you shipping cost. USPS has limits on the box size and weights. I have replied to your emails and talked to a female who was calling on your behalf. Jack
Hoping that the tracking will come this week and looking forward to close this.

Tomasz
Old 2013-01-28, 4:30pm

Quote:
No doubt Jack makes a quality product, if he didn't he would not have a viable business. It's the manufacture time that people have an issue with.
Jack, I would suggest that you take deposits on orders and not bill the full amount until shipped. Maybe people would feel better about the wait time. One business practice is to "under promise and over deliver". Tell the buyers that it takes 12 weeks to get it built and shipped. When they get it in 10 they will be happy with you and the machine.

BTW, OP you will not receive the order until you pay the shipping charge which is not billed until the order is complete.

For anyone ordering, do not use Paypal as they do not offer a refund as one person got from their CC. This is what I learned from my experience.

I am the one that sold my two unopened M-20's to help with my mom's final expenses. These two units could have been a dent in the back order problem Jack has. However, the new owners of the unit seam to be happy...

Good luck everyone,

All very good points. I am so sorry for the way I treated you on the 2 M20s. If I could do it over, I certainly would do it different. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-01-28, 4:41pm

Jack every one has their ups and downs. There are a lot of people on LE that support you, I am one of them. I don't think there is one person here who couldn't be doing something in our lives better, whether it pertains to personal or business, but bad mouthing anyone on a public forum is in my eyes no way to conduct yourself ever, especially someone you have done business with. We all could ask more questions, get more information, do a better job of communicating with others.

In my opinion Jack is a stand up guy. he has always answered my questions, even when it didn't pertain to equipment I bought from him. He tries really hard to build a quality lasting product for us, he has to deal backorders of supplies etc. Yes he could communicate better and more frequently and that would go a long way in customers eyes. But perhaps he is not as comfortable as some with computers etc. His main focus to is build a product that works and lasts for more than a few months etc.

There are numerous business that build to order. There are numerous business that have 8+ weeks waiting time. Issues arise for them as well. Some people communicate better than others, but that doesn't make him dishonest, shady or a swindler. It makes him human.

Old 2013-01-28, 7:25pm

I was asked if I was on drugs by this company because I really thought, I wasn't going to get refund. It was deleted but so was the whole thread. That's just wrong in my opinion and biased.
Hey Squidly can you find it somehow? It needs to be out there.
The guy from Ireland just said he's been waiting 6 months and told it wasn't shipped....no answers until he made it public. And.....waiting for the right box size? 6 months for a box? Hellooo. Something does not add up!

Old 2013-02-01, 6:15am
Flame On!

I feel so bad for the other people still seeking resolution after months. Even if it's too late to get help from your payment source, you can still file a complaint with the FTC. There have been comments about my plan of attack/behavior, etc. Oh well. I prefer the feeling of my hard earned cash being back in my possession to the warm fuzzy's of forum love. The prospect of months and months of empty excuses, apologies or silence held no appeal for me.

Old 2013-02-01, 7:31am

You know, Both of these threads had finally died down and there was no need for you to come back to both and start all this over again. You got your refund, just leave it alone already.

Old 2013-02-01, 10:48am
GLASS ADDICT

If you keep replying she will keep on ranting she just wants attention.IGNORE HER!!!
Old 2013-02-01, 5:58pm
Flame On!

Quote:
You know, Both of these threads had finally died down and there was no need for you to come back to both and start all this over again. You got your refund, just leave it alone already.
If the thread bothers you, don't read it, I don't think reading/responding to threads is mandatory. It's something you choose to do.

Old 2013-02-01, 6:07pm
Flame On!

Quote:
Hi Jack,

Tomasz Litwin
I hope you will post an update when you get the M20 you paid $800 for in September.

Old 2013-02-02, 7:08am

So how long did it take from the time you made your order to the time Jack was FORCED to refund your money. This seems criminal to me.
Old 2013-02-04, 4:48am

Quote:
Hi Jack
I've been wainting for my M20 for 19 weeks. One week ago you told me you will send me a tracking number. How long more will I have to wait for the tracking?
Tomasz Litwin
Closed Thread

Tags
complaint, ftc, unlimited oxygen