LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-11-26, 10:50am

Default More On EDP oops SDP now

OK someone mentioned they would try it over lauscha ...

I realize now that once I found the devit and because it loves to devit ...I
ASSUMED it would just devit over any transparent....

wrong...So I pulled out some lauscha and NO devit but...

Here is a photo

Now as you can see it does no devit over lauscha but doesn't keep its color when encased with lauscha.

I just realized not a great photo...you really can't see the edp under the new clear easily but you can see that the color is consistent thruout the bead. evne under the encased portions...trust me on this one.

Frankly, I am disappointed in myself since my background is in science that I made an assumption and didn't pursue it further...ok I did...I did finally understand what the rapid cool did. But once I saw the devit with transparents I assumed it was universal...after all everyone else had used it and proclaimed it evil....(a lesson for us all

so yes you can put it over lauscha just don't put lauscha over edp when colored up...it will blanch. So far it is only this new clear that gives me this great reaction in both conditions..

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2008-11-26, 1:43pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

Hi Ingrid, are you using old EDP? I got some new stuff that looks more lilac than purple, and it just doesn't work the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2008-11-26, 11:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadgal View Post
Hi Ingrid, are you using old EDP? I got some new stuff that looks more lilac than purple, and it just doesn't work the same.

Ah I use the original...oh dear...don't tell me they stopped making iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEK!

If it looks more lilac than purple I would wonder if you are using purple rose? or
it is a zimmerman color....I have rods of that too.... I used some yesterday but it doesn't react with silver ...darn....

and I have this strange rod that I don't know how it got into my studio....I think it is soft glass but it is not hand pulled ...a solid opaque rod similar but not edp....

and yes I HAVE EDP! lol...but I might horde it now if they aren't making it anymore!

I will call Mike next week and try to find out what is up with the edp....

Beads galore at my ebay store!

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2008-11-27, 10:46am
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

The last batch I got from Frantz is decidedly lighter, if that helps any...
Old 2008-11-27, 12:06pm

Out of interest, I tried some of the old EDP over the new effetre clear 006 today.

It devited like a ***** !

so sadly I am not experiencing the same results as you on this one. Pity!

Emma

Projects, articles, bead galleries

Art beads, clay & supplies