Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-03-01, 6:43pm

Smile Frantz Packaging

I think the UPS people wanted my candy!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frantz packaged my stuff so well that nothing was broken!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks so much Mike!! You and your staff are awesome!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~

Old 2009-03-01, 7:32pm
Glass n00b

Way to go UPS!

YAY for Frantz.... glad nothing was broken!!!!!!
Old 2009-03-01, 7:44pm

You never said if they got to the candy or not?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 2009-03-01, 8:19pm

Quote:
You never said if they got to the candy or not?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Lol!! I think they did! I found 1 piece. At least they left me the yummy rootbeer one.

~
~
~

Old 2009-03-01, 8:42pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Hummm, I wonder just what it was that made it so difficult to read that big red FRAGILE sticker on the top of the box??

Old 2009-03-01, 8:47pm

All of our Frantz orders come looking like that. They really need to use heavier boxes for the 20-30 pound orders. The UPS guy was complaining about the last one almost falling apart. Luckily they do wrap the glass well and we have had very little breakage.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2009-03-01, 9:02pm

Quote:
Hummm, I wonder just what it was that made it so difficult to read that big red FRAGILE sticker on the top of the box??

The fragile sticker was even on several sides of the box. That is probably what made them drop it a few extra times!! LOL! I just knew that some of the glass was going to be broken, but nope, not a single thing.
Yea Frantz!

~
~
~

Old 2009-03-01, 9:14pm

LOL...Mine look worse but they are always in perfect condition.

I was staring at your avatar and read "thx reenie" I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I did.....I remember now. Hi Twoobee!

Old 2009-03-01, 9:55pm

Quote:
LOL...Mine look worse but they are always in perfect condition.

I was staring at your avatar and read "thx reenie" I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I did.....I remember now. Hi Twoobee!
Yea, it kinda stuck on me!

~
~
~

Old 2009-03-01, 11:34pm

Default UPS vs Too Thin Box

Quote:
All of our Frantz orders come looking like that. They really need to use heavier boxes for the 20-30 pound orders. The UPS guy was complaining about the last one almost falling apart. Luckily they do wrap the glass well and we have had very little breakage.
Hi Paul, thanks for the hint on better boxes for heavier orders.
Sarah, what was the weight of your shipment.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-03-01, 11:46pm

It's not just packaging though that helps. I had fragile glass art all over a package sent from Las Vegas to WA. They set a $(% PALLET on top of it. Cost them the tune about 3000.00 but a one of a kind peice of art was lost in tiny pieces due to it.

The idiots need to learn how to read and understand FRAGILE I mean it's mostly hand stacked so how freaking hard should it be?? I'd still write a complaint to the company about it, I mean how can they tell nothing is missing from the freaking large animal size hole in that box??? Damn

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2009-03-01, 11:47pm

P.S. I do mean UPS not Mike btw incase anyone get's confused

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2009-03-02, 12:20am

I order hundreds of pounds from Mike and the boxes are normally intact BUT there are the times where the popcorn is spilling from the box. I'm not sure it's really a box issue as those boxes are thicker than any other box from any other distributor that I've received.
(Except for Lauscha which comes in wooden crates from the factory)
I think it's more of a UPS problem. I have one driver that's an idiot and could careless about how he gets the box to me. They won't take the time to grab a dolly but instead lift it end over end until it reaches my door.
It's too bad because I've lost respect for UPS in the past few years. Companies just don't care anymore

But....the glass so well packaged that it still gets here in one piece and the piece is 40 inches long!

Old 2009-03-02, 4:32am

Quote:
It's not just packaging though that helps. I had fragile glass art all over a package sent from Las Vegas to WA. They set a $(% PALLET on top of it. Cost them the tune about 3000.00 but a one of a kind peice of art was lost in tiny pieces due to it.

The idiots need to learn how to read and understand FRAGILE I mean it's mostly hand stacked so how freaking hard should it be?? I'd still write a complaint to the company about it, I mean how can they tell nothing is missing from the freaking large animal size hole in that box??? Damn

you should see the way my CANDY boxes arrive! Lots of times they look like an elephant stomped on them! (and yep, they all say "fragile" too
) I think the "fragile" stickers are just an invitation to shipping companies to stand on the boxes!!

The company with the *best* packing ever was Princess House--yep, that home-party-crystal thingy--I did one of their parties back when I was in college (eons ago
) & the UPS driver oh-so-carefully carried my box (huge) to the 3rd floor to deliver it--it was a RIOT--stamped fragile all over it...he was carrying it like it was EGGS, offered to carry it in the house for me 'cause it was "heavy & fragile"....BUT....it had GIANT BOOTPRINTS ALL OVER IT!!! And MUD....they had sooo OBVIOUSLY been STANDING ON IT!!!
stuff inside was perfect
. I had a couple of their boxes in the trunk of a friend's car when we got hit by a VWBug & the car was totalled (folded a weedwacker in the trunk in half). Crystal again was *perfect*. I swear, they use the best packing system ever.

~luna
amazed anything survives shipping really

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-03-02, 7:41am

Quote:
Hi Paul, thanks for the hint on better boxes for heavier orders.
Sarah, what was the weight of your shipment.

Mike Frantz
It was somewhere around 40 lbs.

~
~
~

Old 2009-03-02, 7:44am

Quote:
Quote:
I order hundreds of pounds from Mike and the boxes are normally intact BUT there are the times where the popcorn is spilling from the box. I'm not sure it's really a box issue as those boxes are thicker than any other box from any other distributor that I've received.
(Except for Lauscha which comes in wooden crates from the factory)
I think it's more of a UPS problem. I have one driver that's an idiot and could careless about how he gets the box to me. They won't take the time to grab a dolly but instead lift it end over end until it reaches my door.
It's too bad because I've lost respect for UPS in the past few years. Companies just don't care anymore

But....the glass so well packaged that it still gets here in one piece and the piece is 40 inches long!
Quote:

you should see the way my CANDY boxes arrive! Lots of times they look like an elephant stomped on them! (and yep, they all say "fragile" too
) I think the "fragile" stickers are just an invitation to shipping companies to stand on the boxes!!

~luna
amazed anything survives shipping really
I agree, it is a ups problem. It looks like they stacked something really heavy on the box.

~
~
~

Last edited by SaricaBeads; 2009-03-02 at 7:49am.
Old 2009-03-02, 8:13am
T.J. made me do it

When we were in the movie business we had posters shipped via UPS in heavy tubes and about half the time they had tire tread marks on them and were squashed flat. When you put a "Fragile" or "Do Not Bend" on an item it must be a challenge to them to see how mangled they can deliver it.

Julie
Old 2009-03-02, 9:14am
drinks pickle juice

I now need to order a very large quantity of glass to test out my local UPS people! So far, everything the leave me is in perfect shape! They even kindly tuck a box into one of my porch chairs and turn the chair around so that the box is sorta nestled between my house and the chair! But then again, I think 10-15 lbs has been my max so far!
Old 2009-03-02, 6:14pm
Evil Glass Enabler

Talking

We had even less this time and the box actually looked good. I think they didn't like getting nailed for those odd lots they broke the last time.

Angelique

Quote:

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-03-11, 1:35am
Insomniac Beader

My UPS packages always arrive in pristine condition. The mystery is who delivers them, as nobody has ever seen our driver. He must set down the boxes, ring the doorbell and then run back to his truck at full tilt, driving off as fast as he can.

My theory is that he is afraid of my sweet little Westie barking at the door. She is a little 18 pound ball of fluff who would rather lick a visitor than even think about biting. Hmmm...maybe he thinks there is a Rottweiler behind the door!
Old 2009-03-12, 9:00am
Chrissy

I know people that work for UPS and they said some people will purposely throw stuff with a fragile sticker! Jerks! Way to go Frantz!!!
Show those glass throwing fools who is boss.
Old 2009-03-17, 7:12pm

My box of glass came yesterday and looked almost this bad. UPS stinks. Stickers all over FRAGILE. Guess UPS cant read. But by luck no glass broken. Maby stronger boxes are in order. Steel would get bent . He! He!

Quote:
I think the UPS people wanted my candy!!

Frantz packaged my stuff so well that nothing was broken!!

Thanks so much Mike!! You and your staff are awesome!
Old 2009-03-17, 7:27pm

They leave things on my porch all the time.Dont even ring the bell and hall butt back to the truck. With me sitting by the door.Now I have signiture required on my shipping. That way they have to see you. Dont make them happy but does make me happy. I have had some high dollar things sitting on my porch when I wasnt home. Ask me if it bothers me to sign for my shipment.I dont think so.

Quote:
My UPS packages always arrive in pristine condition. The mystery is who delivers them, as nobody has ever seen our driver. He must set down the boxes, ring the doorbell and then run back to his truck at full tilt, driving off as fast as he can.

My theory is that he is afraid of my sweet little Westie barking at the door. She is a little 18 pound ball of fluff who would rather lick a visitor than even think about biting. Hmmm...maybe he thinks there is a Rottweiler behind the door!
Old 2009-03-17, 7:29pm
Renee

I used to have fragile put on my packages sent from the post office and someone there told me not to do it because there are carriers and sorters who will purposely mishandle the "fragile" ones. She spoke as an insider who saw it done.

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2009-03-17, 7:30pm

Hey, wait a sec? You get candy in your Frantz packages????!!!!LOL

Old 2009-03-17, 7:43pm

If your box isnt busted open. He! He!

Quote:
Hey, wait a sec? You get candy in your Frantz packages????!!!!LOL
Old 2009-03-17, 8:28pm
sorcerer

funny about the broken boxes I live in a remote area in southern Australia, my Frantz orders come via USPS, Australia post, and a boat ride over to the Island I live on. I have never had one busted open yet.
cheers, Bernard
PS I wish they wouldn't put that candy stuff in the boxes, I don't eat it but the mice do
Old 2009-03-18, 12:16am
picking Job's Tears

Maybe UPS has mice in their warehouses?
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-03-18, 12:32am
Oh No You Didn't!

Quote:

My USP driver does this too. I don't even know what he looks like. I swear one of these days I'm going to stake out the door and wait for him and throw the door open just before he knocks and say... Caughtcha!!!!

And we had a DHL driver who used to deliver up here. One day I went over to a neighbors house to ask her a question about a horse I was thinking about purchasing because she knew the owner. While I was there, she introduced me to her husband and his friend. His friend said, yeah I'm the one who delivers your DHL packages.

I said, "Oh I didn't recognize you since I've only seen your backend as you hightailed it back to the truck after ringing the doorbell." LOL

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2009-03-18, 9:01am

Last week I received a very large order from Frantz. I happened to hear the UPS truck so I was standing in the open doorway watching the driver drop my box from the top shelf of his truck to the floor, the floor to the driveway and kick it out of the way so he could step down. I wish I'd had a camera to see his face when he looked up and saw me watching. Needless to say I made him stay put while I opened a box that looked like it had been in a soccer match. Every single pieces was in perfect shaped AND I still got my candy!!! You guys are the BEST.