Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-11-07, 8:51pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Default Big thank you to Brent Graber "Mr. Smiley"

Just wanted to let everyone know that I flew out to Yachats, Oregon from Cincinnati this past weekend to take a class on implosions giving by Brent Graber. I was a bit hesitant at first to fly and drive such a long distance, but the moment I met Brent I knew it was worth all the travel. Brent taught me more in two days then I have learned in the past two years. He is truly a class act and one heck of a teacher. After spending five minutes with him you felt like you were part of the family. It is truly refreshing that there is an individual out there that teaches you how to achieve more then you thought was possible. He had me making fairly good flower implosions almost immediately. If you ever have the chance to go see Brent do not hesitate he is a fantastic individual and is one of a kind. I'll post some pics when I get a chance of "before Brent" and "after Brent." Pam from glasshive stopped by, what a great gal.

P.S. he makes awesome lunch, and the beach it footsteps away

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.com

GTT Sidewinder, two M15 oxycon's (center fire), tanked (outer fire), Glasshive kiln.
Old 2011-11-09, 7:15am
boro color bender

It was a pleasure meeting you Bob and I have similar feelings about you my friend... you are a great addition to the family and you are welcome here any time... I hope you can bring your wife and show her what Oregon is all about... thanks for the kind words and thanks a bunch for being part of the first class here... you made it memorable and it was an honor having you...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-11-09, 8:51pm
Glassy Broad :-)

I'm so happy for you Bob!!! I'm glad you got to take a class with our newest glassy "transplant" He is Hell on wheels with glass, I've never met him, but have drooled over his work since I started!!!
Brent....be on the look out, seems this spring, Cher and I may be paying you a visit
Looking forward to before and after pictures!!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2011-11-10, 6:08am
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

It was nice meeting you Bob.
Brent is dubomb A.

Mike

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2011-11-10, 2:09pm

He is THE best teacher and his work is to die for. Love that guy!!!
Old 2011-11-10, 2:10pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Totally agree.

.com

GTT Sidewinder, two M15 oxycon's (center fire), tanked (outer fire), Glasshive kiln.
Old 2011-11-12, 9:39pm

Ditto to all that's been said so far. Brent is a great teacher- not to be missed-and cause there's no place like home, in his new studio, teaching and learning is augmented by lots of smiles, and a heaping bowl of Oregon hospitality served along side great cooking! What a guy
Old 2011-11-13, 8:49am
Pyromaniac

You definitely went to the right guy!
My first boro class was with Brent in Asheville.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2011-11-13, 5:34pm
boro color bender

Thanks so much for your kindness and support... I love y'all and I'm honored to be able to help such awesome glass workers!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-11-25, 8:22pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Check out the last page of the show and tell (boro room, i just posted the best one i just did today) and this will show everyone what a fantastic teacher Brent is.

.com