LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-16, 5:54am
Where's the coffee?

Thanks Lydia and Jenny. I don't think I'd ever have the patience to make the beads as detailed as in the tut. My attention span is just too short. LOL! Lydia, I'll send you an email when I get a better pic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-08-16, 8:20am
Boheme Flamework Designs

Just ordered mine - can't wait to play - thank you so much.

Deb Cline
Old 2008-08-16, 9:35am

Teresa, thank you! I hope you enjoy this one. . .I'll have another one in about week or so.

Nancy, good luck at your show!

Angie, I understand completely. I have the opposite problem (OCD). lol

Deb, thanks! Hope you enjoy it!

Old 2008-08-18, 12:30am

I tried your tutorial yesterday and this is the first result.

|
Old 2008-08-18, 4:55am

Wow Miriam!! That's your FIRST attempt? You did great!!

Old 2008-08-18, 11:17am

Oooooh, what's it going to be on?? I first fell in love with your roman bath bead series, totally breath taking.
Old 2008-08-18, 4:59pm

Thanks Donna! That was my most favorite series of beads. So glad to hear that you like them!! Sadly, they won't be around much longer. I'm getting alarmingly low on Terra. Guess I need to kick that habit of mine and find a new glass to obsess over. lol

The next tutorial will be for this bead, but I haven't figured out what I am going to call the tut yet. The name of this particular bead is "Enchanted Hydrangea".

Old 2008-08-18, 6:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels View Post
Thanks Donna! That was my most favorite series of beads. So glad to hear that you like them!! Sadly, they won't be around much longer. I'm getting alarmingly low on Terra. Guess I need to kick that habit of mine and find a new glass to obsess over. lol

The next tutorial will be for this bead, but I haven't figured out what I am going to call the tut yet. The name of this particular bead is "Enchanted Hydrangea".

OMG!!!!!!!! THAT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-08-18, 7:06pm

Thank you Debbie!!

Old 2008-08-18, 7:19pm

I ordered it, but didn't get a confirmation message, or the tut. (checked spam as well) I sent you an email, but haven't heard back, so I thought I'd post here. The charge did go through on my card...The order would have been under Amy Sims.
I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

Amy

Old 2008-08-18, 7:20pm
Dangerous Woman

OOOoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh! Lydia you had me at tutorial! Can I sign up for auto enrollment!?! I have some terra maybe we can trade!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-18, 8:37pm

Amy, Glad I stuck my head in here tonight. After doing a little checking, I found your email in my spam folder. The order was authorized as soon as it was received so I'm not sure what happened. I just sent the file to you manually, via email. I'm so sorry you had to wait to receive it.

Old 2008-08-18, 8:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
OOOoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh! Lydia you had me at tutorial! Can I sign up for auto enrollment!?! I have some terra maybe we can trade!
LOL!!! That's hilarious, Nancy!! "You had me at tutorial". I won't be likely to forget that one. Terra? Oh you are such a tease!! lol

Old 2008-08-18, 9:12pm
Broken

OH my another one!! You need an email list so you can tell us all when you have new ones. Call us the Lydia tutorial club

Old 2008-08-18, 11:04pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels View Post

Hurry Uuuuup!!! (said in whiny voice) I can't wait a whole week! I am on a buying things hiatus, but I will bend that rule for this tutorial! I love Enchanted Hydrangea!

Kelly

Old 2008-08-19, 8:52am

Nicker, I actually have a mailing list. I don't use it often but I do plan to send out an email to all of the participants when the next tut is finished. You can sign up for it here. I promise not to spam you to death. lol

Thanks Kelly! I'm getting there and I have my fingers crossed that it will be done by later this weekend.

Old 2008-08-19, 9:05am
Dangerous Woman

I signed up!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-19, 9:13am

Me too!!
Old 2008-08-19, 7:11pm
WildBird Beads

I really liked all the pictures and the good step-by-step instructions. What I really need to see is pictures of the tool and you pulling the dots. My pulls never seem to have that sharp pointy end. So I was wondering if you could show us what tool you used (or stringer) to pull your dots?

thanks,
WildBird
Old 2008-08-19, 9:00pm
Hopeless glass addict!

Smile

Me three! I signed up! I love the first tutorial!

~Mendy

Happiness is roasting glass with your best friend!

Old 2008-08-19, 9:03pm
Hopeless glass addict!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBird View Post
I really liked all the pictures and the good step-by-step instructions. What I really need to see is pictures of the tool and you pulling the dots. My pulls never seem to have that sharp pointy end. So I was wondering if you could show us what tool you used (or stringer) to pull your dots?

thanks,
WildBird
Yes! Inquiring minds want to know! Maybe we aren't getting our glass soupy enough or something.

~Mendy

Happiness is roasting glass with your best friend!

Old 2008-08-20, 5:20am

The rake that I'm using looks like this:

I got mine from LB Supplys, it's the #307132 BENT TUNGSTEN RAKE 3/32. If you need one, you can get it here
Until recently, I used a stainless steel dental pick. They work really well too.

If you are having trouble pulling the petals, try making a small hand pressed tab, using the base glass that the tut calls for. On this tab, in the middle of the bead, execute steps 6 through 11 of section 2. Instead of making three petal designs, make only one and place it in the center of the bead. Keep making these little tabs over and over again until your petals look the way you want them to. Once you have that down pat, try making your Black Tie button again.

A huge part of achieving the point for the petals is recognizing when your bead is JUST RIGHT for moving ONLY the surface of the glass. It may take quite a few of these little test tabs before you feel that you've truly "got it", but if you keep practicing, you'll get there. Repetition is the key to recognizing when the glass is at the right state for raking.

Old 2008-08-20, 5:42am

Hi Lydia,
I have been trying to acces the preview of the first 2 pages of the tut but they refuse to load and i get an error message. I do have the latest Adobe Reader on my computer so was wondering if you could make some suggestions on how i could view them please.
The tut looks wonderful, well the resulting beads do, and i would love to try it out.
Old 2008-08-20, 6:54am

Hi Truly,

My poor little hosting service's server seems to choke up sometimes. I'll pm you. . .Sorry for the trouble!!

Old 2008-08-20, 7:07pm
glass nerd!

Oh I can't wait I need Enchanted Hydrangea! Can I be in the Lydia club too! lol... I have too much time on my hands. (I'm actually at my real job right now) sshh don't tell anyone. lol

Old 2008-08-22, 9:27am
formerly JewelsByJenny

I was just getting ready to purchase the tutorial and noticed it said the file size is 4.94 GB is that true? I am getting close to max on my laptop and want to make sure before I get it. Thanks

Jenny

Old 2008-08-22, 11:41am

Not to usurp Lydia's place but just wanted to let you know that I also purchased the tutorial and it is only 4.94 MB not giga bytes.
Old 2008-08-22, 12:37pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Thanks Donna!

Jenny

Old 2008-08-22, 12:56pm

LOL!! Ooops! Sorry you guys!!! I fixed it. . It says MB now instead of KB.

Old 2008-08-22, 12:57pm

Donna, thanks for helping me out on this one!