Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-11-29, 10:12am
That which you are given

Question thanksgiving orders from Frantz

First Frantz has done nothing wrong

I ordered some glass from frantz on the 22nd and they shipped it on the 24th it got to the troutdale or fedex center on the 25th and since then has not moved, has anyone else had the same problem with their packages shipped out on the 22nd. Fedex says it is something that is out of their controll.

I understand the weather was bad, and hopefully it wasn't an accident with the driver. I just wanted to see if other people on that shipping day had the same problem and that will tell a lot if it was the whole truck load is having issues or just my package.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-29, 11:18am
Meow.

I'm just guessing here that Frantz is using FedEx home delivery to you, in which case the package is delievered to your local post office and then the post office delivers with your mail. Since the 25th was Turkey Day it may have just gone to your post office today.

When stuff is shipped to me using FedEx home delivery the updates are often not real time after arrival at my local FedEx facility. Only hours (soemtimes even a day) after I havwe the package in hand will FedEx update to show that the package moved through the postal system and into my hands.

I'm guessing you'll get the package soon.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-11-29, 11:49am
That which you are given

frantz did use home delivery, but what i am saying is my package has been stuck in Oregon since the 25th. I live in Massachusetts and it has not move since then, fedex said they have delays that are beyond their control. I was just wondering if it was just my package or every order frantz sent out that day.

thanks for the help Kim but that is not what i'm talking about.

Old 2010-11-29, 12:14pm
Meow.

Sounds like it was pretty bad out there in this thread:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-11-29, 1:06pm
That which you are given

ya it was bad on monday 22nd of that week, but that didn't stop frantz from shipping my package on the 25th. i'll just have to see what happens when it gets here, i have a feeling that they are using my box of glass as a step stool/ volley ball. I use to work at fedex and when a package gets stuck at a facility it is not a good sign usually.

Old 2010-12-02, 9:47pm
That which you are given

Thumbs down

well i got my package today, it was left on my porch, apparently when frantz sends out 200 worth of glass they don't require a signature. So fedex just dropped it on the porch

Thankfully a neighbor who found it and opened the package decided to give it to me. I live in a city and thing disappear from porches all the time. I don't need neighbors opening my mail for me.

what a horrible service fedex has with the home delivery, can't track the package till the last minute, no signature (that may have been frantz fault)

Well i won't buy that much glass from frantz while i live here......gheeeez
even with a 50% off sale, if i don't get it then what is 50% of nothing.

Old 2010-12-03, 12:39am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Quote:
well i got my package today, it was left on my porch, apparently when frantz sends out 200 worth of glass they don't require a signature. So fedex just dropped it on the porch

Thankfully a neighbor who found it and opened the package decided to give it to me. I live in a city and thing disappear from porches all the time. I don't need neighbors opening my mail for me.

what a horrible service fedex has with the home delivery, can't track the package till the last minute, no signature (that may have been frantz fault)

You can always select USPS Priority Mail in Frantz's checkout.
That's what I do! It's normally less than a Dollar more expensive and my package arrives within 2 days (granted I live in WA state, so that helps).
I can't trust FedEx here in our area, they're hopeless with getting packages stuck.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-12-03, 9:32am
That which you are given

USPS was not cheap to mass it like 40 dollar more, but thanks for the idea

Quote:
You can always select USPS Priority Mail in Frantz's checkout.
That's what I do! It's normally less than a Dollar more expensive and my package arrives within 2 days (granted I live in WA state, so that helps).
I can't trust FedEx here in our area, they're hopeless with getting packages stuck.

Old 2010-12-03, 11:25am

Default Packages and Shipping

Quote:

Dear Louise, in the past we shipped most packages with UPS, but now have changed over to most packages shipped by Fed Ex. With UPS it is up to the drivers if they leave a package on the front porch or return another day to deliver. If a UPS driver leaves it on a porch and not give it to the person at the door, the responsibility of the package getting lost is put on to UPS. I assume that FED EX is the s

I know from many years of working with UPS that for them to have to return to an address a second time cost the company money. UPS has determined that losses from packages being taken off a customers porch is very slight and after many years of research it cost less to pay off a claim to a lost/stolen package saves them money compared to the driver going back a second or third time.

When we were in the bead business (Thai Silver, India glass and bone and beads by Pat Frantz) I had returned from my first trip to California with enough orders to keep Pat busy for months. We had an order of her beads that were valued at $500. The customer was not at home, the driver left them on the porch and the customer reported to us that they did not get the package. We made a claim, UPS gave us $500, but we would have rather had the beads delivered because now Pat had to make them a second time and she was still trying to fill some of the orders from my trip.

If ever a package is left on a porch, under a log, or under the trash can, if the customer claims they did not get it, then UPS would send a driver out, make a report, check around the porch, check with the neighbors and then payoff.

I am sorry that there was problems with delivery. Customers can always ask for a signature, but there is a charge for that by UPS and most delivery companies. Most customers live in safe areas where nobody wants to mess with somebodies shipment, and the customer is happy to find the package on the porch when they get home.

It comes down to business economics, shipping companies feel that it is ok to have to pay for a missing shipment once-in-a-while instead of sending a driver back again to a house.

I am glad that your neighbors are looking out for you. In the future you can ask for a signature required, but there is a charge for that service
and keep in mind they will come back two more times and if you are not there, then the package is returned to Frantz Art Glass and we have to repack it and reship it and charge you again for shipping as UPS has done what they were asked to do and has no choice but to return the package.

If you ever want a signature required, you can ask for that in the comment section, and then the driver would not leave it off.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2010-12-03, 12:25pm
That which you are given

thanks Mike, i understand the whole business economics of why things are done, i just will wait till i move before i order again. heck i got about 100 pounds of glass i should be good for a while

Old 2010-12-04, 6:36pm
It's all about the color.

Just today our Fed-Ex guy left a rather large package on the porch, and a tiny note on the door telling us they left our package on the porch...lol.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-12-04, 6:41pm
That which you are given

well at least if someone took it you would have know it was there, i guess. I do understand the cost of things but when quality goes away low cost is worth SH** if you know what i mean.

Quote:
Just today our Fed-Ex guy left a rather large package on the porch, and a tiny note on the door telling us they left our package on the porch...lol.

Old 2010-12-06, 5:32pm

Default Fed Ex Not USPS

Quote:
I'm just guessing here that Frantz is using FedEx home delivery to you, in which case the package is delievered to your local post office and then the post office delivers with your mail. Since the 25th was Turkey Day it may have just gone to your post office today.

When stuff is shipped to me using FedEx home delivery the updates are often not real time after arrival at my local FedEx facility. Only hours (soemtimes even a day) after I havwe the package in hand will FedEx update to show that the package moved through the postal system and into my hands.

I'm guessing you'll get the package soon.
We sent an email to Fed Ex and what we found out is that Fed Ex does have a service that uses the United States Mail for the final part of the delivery, but we do not offer that service. If you ever get your package from Frantz Art Glass and you picked Fed Ex and it is delivered by the mail person, please let us know as this is not what is supposed to happen.

THanks

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2010-12-06, 11:08pm

I'm glad that you use Fed Ex to ship. For a while UPS left my packages at the back door on the ground next to the dumpster which faces the back door of a bar. This was in spite of the fact that we are a business address (on Main St no less) and I am supposed to have to sign for it. The last order they left that way was over $1500 worth of glass canes and stringers. I'll probably get whacked for saying this, but when we have packages come through St Louis there's a 50-50 chance they'll disappear altogether.
Old 2010-12-07, 10:18am
That which you are given

Quote:
We sent an email to Fed Ex and what we found out is that Fed Ex does have a service that uses the United States Mail for the final part of the delivery, but we do not offer that service. If you ever get your package from Frantz Art Glass and you picked Fed Ex and it is delivered by the mail person, please let us know as this is not what is supposed to happen.

THanks

Mikey
I don't think the usps delivered it, because when ever i get a package from them i have to go to the post office to pick it up, and with that package being 30 pounds the postman wouldn't have lugged that around. thanks for checking into it further.

Quote:
I'll probably get whacked for saying this, but when we have packages come through St Louis there's a 50-50 chance they'll disappear altogether.
nah you shoulldn't get wacked in the economy everywhere is like that.....