Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2008-08-21, 4:50pm

Default Printed hard copy of tutorials

I just wanted to share that I had some of the tutorials I purchased bound and put into a hard cover at www.lulu.com. I saw someone mention it in another thread here and I really like it. I got it yesterday and it is beautiful. I love it. The paper is nice quality and all the color pictures from the tutorials look great. I plan to make another one when I have more tutorials to load. I think I put 5 in it and it saved me from printing it and it got here pretty quick. I had some other tutorials I had collected from magazines and some I had made for people myself put in it too. It is a great way to keep your tutorials together and have them printed nicely. I just thought I would share that in case anyone is interested. It has more than 100 pages and I had a hard cover put on it and shipped for $34. I think it is worth every penny.

I just thought I would share in case anyone is interested in a way to print your tutorials and keep them bound nicely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-21, 5:03pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Ebay:
Old 2008-08-21, 5:12pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

That sounds great! I have gone through two B&W and almost two color inks...so that is over $100.00 in just ink, and I haven't printed them all. Next stop is Lulu. Thanks, Rachel

Pat
Old 2008-08-21, 6:45pm
In search of her path....

i have some stuff i need to print too i have a manual its over 1000 pages so im going to see if i can find a way to print it over on lulu it would cost me a ton in ink (even with laser) and paper to print it and have it put in a binder but that may be what I have to do.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-08-21, 10:47pm

Rachel how did you do it?
I went to Lulu and went to publish?? I tried to upload the files but it says that the fonts are not embedded and it won't work.
I used Kinkos the last time and had no problems.
Can you give any advice on how to do this..exactly?
Thanks

Old 2008-08-23, 1:55pm

I just created an account and uploaded the PDF or Word files I had that I wanted to load. Maybe you have one that is corrupt or something. I don't remember any problems with it and I loaded Sherry's tutorial, Mary's, Laurie's and Ryan's murrini one plus two or three others and then I loaded some Word files I had where I had created tutorials from other people. I had one tutorial I had downloaded from a magazine. Once I loaded them, it showed me the list of things it was going to print and I think I got to see a preview. I don't remember. I don't know what could be wrong. I wish I could help more but I didn't have a problem. You might be able to download the one you are having a problem with again or try converting it to something else. I am sorry. I wish I knew more.

Old 2008-08-23, 5:46pm
Ghost Town Glass

I tried to upload Sherry's and some others and also got the error message about fonts being not embedded.

Your document could not be created: This font is not embedded: Helvetica
This font is not embedded: Times-Roman
This font is not embedded: Times-Bold
This font is not embedded: Courier

Last edited by Janine; 2008-08-23 at 5:50pm.
Old 2008-08-24, 12:29am

I will try a few of my others and see what happens. Did it give you an option for it to pick a font for you? It seems like I had to tell it yes or something in regards to fonts.

Old 2008-08-24, 12:35am

Hmmmm I'll have to check that part out. How did you put it together?
Are you publishing a paperback book, training manual or there was one other option that I don't remember. I'm going off to try again

Old 2008-08-24, 12:39am
Entropy increasing....

You can also do this on flickr.
Old 2008-08-24, 12:56am

It says I did a hardcover print and then it said I did download for the revenue. There is a demo I noticed but I haven't watched it. I will see what happens if I try a few more.

Old 2008-08-24, 1:02am

Thanks Kevan I'll try flicker.
It won't let me print out the Alien Tut and the Chaos tut..... It's alowing me to do the Rose and the Chick Rock bead thingy so I have a total of 4 to try and do. So I'm not sure what to do. It would only cost me about $27 or so but if I go to Kinkos it wants over $60 and I'm not ready to put that money out along with the price of the tuts <sigh>
I'll see if I have better luck on Flicker...Thanks for your help though

Old 2008-08-24, 1:05am

Kevan.....how do I do it on Flickr? All I see is uploading pictures??

Old 2008-08-24, 1:22am
Entropy increasing....

They have a software that you download and use it to create a book. You can create a bunch of different kinds of books. I've never done it, but I always thought it looked pretty neat. They will actually create a hardbound book for you, one or as many copies as you want. Or a soft cover book.
Old 2008-08-24, 7:32am

what kind of book do you get??? hmm maybe the question is what kind of binding?
in your spare time could you post a picture?? I know .. how lame can you get!!! lol

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-08-24, 11:16am
Ghost Town Glass

I was trying to do a manual so it would be coil bound.

It did not give me options, but did say how to embed the fonts. Unfortunately, the instructions assumed a couple of things that were not available on my printer, so that tanked.

Old 2008-08-27, 12:47am

Well the options are available on my printer but still no go. Maybe it's the Lulu printer were supposed to be worried about. I can't work it either way so I'm bummed. I won't let this laptop near where I'm lampworking so I'm not sure how to do this but print it out at home. OMG there was a total of 97 pages and I'm buying 4 more so that's going to be over 200 pages. I don't think I want to go through that much ink!!

Old 2008-09-16, 1:57am

just what I needed!!

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2008-09-16, 2:00am

There's another thread with the solution to this problem. I can't remember where I put it though lol.
I hate when that happens!