LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-02-03, 7:28am
marbeads

Smile Where is the best glass suppliers?

Hello,
I have been away from lampwork for the last few years. I have retired last year and been able to get recovered from a very bad disease. I have been unloading some of my lampwork supplies. I work with soft glass, mainly 104 and a lot of 96 stained that mixes.
So I can get basic supplies, like mandrel dip, silver and gold, powders, etc. it would help if some of you would let me know the best on internet stores that I can visit and get going. Starting in 1997 I bought from FRANK and I am sure that there are several stores and independents on line who are quick and sometimes give good sales.
I will need to practice a lot but there is a local glass store who wants me to get up my ability again and probably trach marbles. I started with them a long time ago and had taken several major classes.
I am very excited about the ability to just have the time to do lampwork. God have given me the chance to retire and live a lot of thiongs I never did for my life and just support my family and enjoy myself.
Thank you all for any information and soon I will be able to give help to others.

KURT

SOSOFT
Old 2014-02-03, 7:37am

Best is a matter of preference.

For 104 and 96 ... I really like Howaco ... Jamey Lynne has everything you referenced in your email and at great prices.

Your West Coast so who you prefer will likely be different than who I prefer. I try to stick with East Coast suppliers for speed of delivery. And I'm fortunate to have two great ones.

New to the game and Julie is awesome is Art Glass East.

And Ron Bearer, Jr. has taken over the family business Art Glass House.

The older standards are still around: Mountain Art Glass, ABR Imagery, Frantz Art Glass.

If you go into the Vendor section of the forum there is a sticky with every vendor that supports LE. That's a good place to start as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-03, 9:30am

Flamedame also offers a good selection of Lauscha and some CiM with really quick shipping!
Old 2014-02-12, 8:23am

I prefer Frantz Art Glass, since they are here in WA and usually have a wonderful selection and fantastic sales. Also, Double Helix Glassworks for my clear and newer silver glasses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-02-12, 4:17pm
honorary bead lady

Donna at the Mandrel is in Harbor City
Old 2014-02-12, 6:10pm

Since they are on the east coast, and so am I, I have had very good luck dealing with Mountain Glass Arts.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2014-02-12, 6:21pm
Hobby Junkie

I like Wale, but I'm local and like to fondle the glass and they usually give me samples of stuff to try