Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2011-06-16, 9:45am

Default Ring top tutorial

...after several people asked, I wrote one

Here's the blurb

This tutorial explains how to make ring tops for interchangeable jewellery. It is a technique tutorial, although six actual ring tops are covered in the e-book from start to finish (basic ring top, using a heart press, using a star press, stacked dots, four-leaf clover, and using a cabochon mandrel), the point of the tutorial is to explain techniques so that you can move on to make your own ring tops.

The e-book is 25 pages long, with over 75 illustrations. As well as the actual step-by-step instructions listed above, it gives health and safety advice specific to ring tops, includes a gallery for discs and even more ring tops, and hopes to be a pretty solid grounding in making both basic and advanced ring tops.

File size is 2.7MB, and you will need Adobe Reader to open it (it's a .pdf file).

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76092548...ps?ref=pr_shop

Lampwork heart rings by Sabine Little, on Flickr

Any questions, just shout, and thanks for reading!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(ring top mandrels, nuts, & beads *****
for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-06-16, 11:24am
Formerly FishBulb

Your shop is full of awesome, you know that? Your tutorials, your supplies, your lampwork, it's all incredible! When I have available funds I'll have to buy from you.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-06-16, 11:26am

Oh, bless you Angie, thank you for your lovely kind words! It's been a tough year since I started lamping full-time, but I'm beginning to feel there's a 'me style' in my work

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-06-16, 11:31am
Formerly FishBulb

Yes, there definitely is! You have lots of visual interest yet a good, clean look to all your work. It's a look I strive for myself but I don't think I have the abilities!

I know I want both of your tutorials, plus I'll have to get the mandrels and nuts and ring bases and... I also love the ring tops you've made yourself. The octopus cracked me up!

Just gorgeous, all of it! I'm glad you're here.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-06-16, 11:35am

Lol, I think I'm a little bit in love with you right now - thank you!!!!!!!!!!

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-06-19, 9:46pm

Sabine -
I love your beads too! I got your tutorial for the ceramic transfers and can hardly wait until my transfers arrive!!!

Old 2011-06-20, 12:23am

Thank you so much Lisa - happy experimenting!!

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-07-01, 7:07pm

I got my ring, mandrels, and nuts today!! I'm so excited!!
Old 2011-07-01, 10:57pm

Yay

for tuition (UK)