Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-01-24, 3:57am

That heart is very nice Bernard.
What color did you use?
Old 2009-01-24, 7:32pm

I love the colors on that set, Beau.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Etsy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SRA
#H135
Old 2009-01-24, 7:42pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
some more water globes
Chris, those water globes are to die for!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-01-24, 8:36pm

Wow, Roger. A master of color.. He is just awesome. Best dragon pendant I have seen yet. Wish I could manipulate glass half as good as you do!!

Old 2009-01-25, 1:13pm
Does that shed?

Still learning and burning my 104's on the Lynx, but I'm starting to get the hang of it I think. I tried an off mandrel sculpture today with boro. I never put a head on a goddess/angel so don't ask me why I did this time. Her head is wayyyyy to big for her body. And yep, she's well rounded. lol
And a few test beads to see what the different flames would change the glass. Reducing, oxidizing and so on. Wow Boro is so different than soft glass. I'm liking it but I would really like to get to the point where they all look alike. lol

I'm not in the same level as you folks are but I"m having a hell of allot of fun. lol

So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!
Old 2009-01-25, 2:10pm

Nice work Anzie....your sculpture certainly has some admireable features... not too often one see's big and perky at the same time.
Old 2009-01-25, 2:53pm
Does that shed?

As my husband says, "Reasonable facsimiles". lol. I'm workin on it. lol

Old 2009-01-25, 3:22pm
jessica barksdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg9403 View Post
Nice work Anzie....your sculpture certainly has some admireable features... not too often one see's big and perky at the same time.
LOL

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2009-01-27, 4:22am
lov'in life!!!

You ALL are just abso-friggin'in lutley fantastic!!! I am in awe of everyone's talent in here. Sure makes me sorry I got rid of the boro....then I remember my frustration and remember WHY I did, lol. Never could tame that beast at my house.

Very beautiful stuff peeps

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2009-01-27, 4:31am

Thanks for the show, guys. Everything looks great!

Sandy
Old 2009-01-27, 11:25am
No Problem!

Thanks for the nice comments you guys. Awesome Roger! Beautiful Anzie!
Here's a couple of inside-out reversal/encalmo beads that I finally took pictures of.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-01-27, 12:33pm
Borosapien

The Beads you make are just amazing Beau.
Here are two new pendants.

Solar wind

Nebula
Old 2009-01-27, 5:14pm

i love the bear...great colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-01-28, 9:42am
Enabler

Holy crap....this entire thread just ROCKS! I hadn't checked it since early in the month, and you guys have REALLY outdone yourselves!!

Old 2009-01-28, 10:35am
No Problem!

Thanks Marcel. I really dig that bear.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-01-28, 3:05pm
Flame Dame

Everyone's beads looks fantastic!

I've been playing around with AP for a while and I think it's my new favorite. I can't remember what the dark color on the left is, but the right is AP with clear frit over the AP. I really should keep better notes!

Leah
Attached Images

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2009-01-28, 4:56pm

Here's what came out of the kiln last night. (Had a wonderful weekend class with Brent) I got color!!!!! The bottom right one doesn't show the sparkle it has

Old 2009-01-28, 5:16pm
boro color bender

Proud moment for sure! Those are awesome Kim... it was a pleasure meeting you and getting to melt glass with you. So glad you liked the class. See you and that husband of yours soon i hope.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-28, 5:26pm

Kim, those are gorgeous.

I also love that little yellow bear.

Leah, love those colors!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2009-01-28, 7:20pm
Does that shed?

Holy wow you guys. Awesome stuff. That bear is beautiful. And color? Man I'm trying but figuring out the flame on the new Lynx is harder than I thought it would be. lol
Since glass is my stress reliever and I needed relieved I played earlier. I got some new glass the other day. Purple luster and I'm liking it very much. The heart is just purple luster and clear. And the other pendant is actually the junk left over from a previous failed attempt at a vortex marble. It's kind of cool I think. lol

Old 2009-01-29, 7:15am
The Venerable Bead

Looking good Kim!!! I am in a post class cold induced depression! waaaaahhhhh I want Floridian temperatures! instead we came home to a snow and ice storm Smiley's class was great!! too much fun! I told Brent it was so much fun it had to have been illegal. and chris was a lovely hostess. so laid back to allow 5 strangers into her home. great time.
I practiced under the watchful eye of my children last night. Smiley emma LOVED her heart! she put it on, turned to her brother and said "see i told you i talked to Mr. Smiley!" lol I guess he didn't believe her. The kids were encouraging. they think the tails are the tough part and they are right. they are going to be the death of me! these are very small and I got some color. yay
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Last edited by Venbead; 2009-01-29 at 8:31am.
Old 2009-01-29, 9:36am
boro color bender

Wooohoooo! I am so glad Emma liked her pendant. I knew it would be just the right size for her. It was so neat talking to her on the phone... she's a doll. Give her a squeaze for me.

Very nice hearts! You go with your bad self! It was a pleasure all the way around... can't wait to do it again. I love that studio... it's perfect and you're right... Chris is amazing to let us invade her!

Sending warm wishes your way.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-29, 10:07am

Smile

Nothing creative here.. some little nubbins... They remind me of a desert gila monster lizard... kinda a southwest type color combo.. I love it.. the color, not the lizard!!
Attached Images

Old 2009-01-30, 9:01pm

A few more hearts....can't seem to stop making them

This one is on an interchangeable necklace. Today a heart, tomorrow...who knows

Old 2009-01-30, 9:43pm
Mandrel Slayer

Just beautiful work by everyone.

Kim - Great hearts - that last one is sweet.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-01-31, 9:22am

Kim and Paula your hearts are incredible! I am off to the torch today (finally)! I hope that I can be so lucky as well. Mr. Smiley you can definitely work magic with the glass.

Old 2009-01-31, 9:33am

Default Off Mandrel Pendant

I love all the colors in this....
Attached Images

Old 2009-01-31, 11:53am
The Venerable Bead

Hi shelly!!! thanks

kay i love that pendant did you press the spiral it's cool

kim love the new interchangable hearts!

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2009-01-31, 12:09pm

KIM AND PAULA....I've been told that I have no heart....please send my all your beautiful hearts, how inspiring!!
Brenda

Old 2009-01-31, 4:21pm

Paula, I agree, the tails are the hardest.
Thanks, Shelly! Hope you had a great time on the torch today!!!
Kay, love those colors!!!
Thanks Paula, was going to go into the studio today to work on some more....instead spent the day off with DH. Hopefully tomorrow
Brenda, you definitely have heart!