LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2014-01-19, 2:27pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Default Puny flame!

Help! I'm having a problem with the flame being too small. I cleaned the torch, a Nortel Minor and the oxy-con, a Devilbiss 5lpm. When I have it all set where I normally do, the flame is tiny and narrow, even when I turn it up it is narrow. Anyone have any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-01-20, 8:30am

time to service your oxycon? has the weather changed at all? it seems high heat/humidity or the extreme opposite will effect the oxycons output.
Old 2014-01-20, 9:23am
Sheila Davis Designs

The weather has been pretty consistent here...around 45*. I don't know if I can find anyone around here to service it. Most places you buy from around here only sell to people with a prescription.

Old 2014-01-20, 10:30am

I had something similar happen to me and it turned out to be the flash-back arrestor on the propane tank. I removed it just long enough to check the flame (surface mix torch) and the flame was fine. I replaced the arrestor and the flame was back to normal.

Last edited by Judi_B; 2014-01-20 at 10:34am.
Old 2014-01-20, 11:08am
Sheila Davis Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi_B View Post
I had something similar happen to me and it turned out to be the flash-back arrestor on the propane tank. I removed it just long enough to check the flame (surface mix torch) and the flame was fine. I replaced the arrestor and the flame was back to normal.
Thanks Judi. I'll try that!