Old 2009-11-14, 1:25pm

Made one in sterling silver with my own beads (inspired bij Claudia Pagel):

Nathalie
Old 2009-11-14, 1:52pm
put a bird on it

nice job, Nathalie! love the sterling!
Old 2009-11-16, 12:16pm
Just Plain

Great fibulas everybody - it's fun to see the different variations that are created from the same tut!

Recovering from surgery, I finally found some time to try my first wireworking project ever - this fibula.
The tut was very easy for me, a total beginner, to follow.
I did have to use 26g instead of 28g wire in one section though, due to operator error...I broke the wire.
I did use some colored wire, too. It's "gunmetal" color, but looks more olive to me.
I think I'll keep the shiny look.

Thanks so much Jewlie for a wonderful tutorial; these will make awesome Christmas gifts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-16, 3:17pm

Nice work, Jayne! It's beautiful.
Hope your recovery is smooth and fast!

Old 2009-11-17, 10:27am
Just Plain

Thanks so much, Lisa! I can't wait to see one of your gorgeous beads on a fibula

Old 2009-11-17, 4:23pm

Ooooh Nathalie! Thats so cute! You did a great job and I love it in silver!

Oh Wow Jayne! Your first time wirewrapping! You did fantastic! I love the twisted heart added to your piece!

You all are doing such a fantastic job!

My Facebook
Old 2009-11-18, 3:55am
Happy Beadmaker!

Thanks Jewlie for the nudge & inspiration to get my wirebook out and do the fibulas! n Everyone's work is fabulous!

Here's one of the several I just delivered to one of the galleries that carries my work! (I'm hoping they'll be a hot holiday item!!!)

Thanks again!
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-11-18, 9:53am
Just Plain

Thanks, Jewlie!
Awesome fibula, Lea!

I made another one, this time with 14 guage wire

Old 2009-11-18, 10:21am

Oh Lea! Your fibula is beautiful! I'm sure they will do well!

Jayne, you are on a roll now! Another fantastic fibula! I forgot to say that I hope you are feeling better from your surgery.

My Facebook
Old 2009-11-18, 12:04pm
Just Plain

Thanks Jewlie! They're so much fun to make . And I feel like a million bucks compared to before the surgery.

Old 2009-11-26, 8:16pm
Otter

This is such a great tutorial.

I thought I'd post pics of my first 2,

Otter

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2009-11-29, 12:36pm

Oh Otter! They turn out wonderful! I love them and the beads are gorgeous!

My Facebook
Old 2009-12-01, 9:38am
Otter

Hey Jewlie thank you so much I had such a good time working on them what a great tutorial.

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2010-02-21, 9:25am
N2Beadz

Jewlie, I had many admirers of your fibula yesterday. Hubby and I took a day trip to Nags Head, NC. I was sporting the second fibula I purchased from you on my jacket, which by the way I just love. Of course I visited both of their local bead stores while in the area. While in Cloud Nine Designs I had to show off your fibula to the ladies working and visiting there. All four just loved it. I forwarded infomation about the tutorial in your Etsy store and your thread here of course in case they wanted to see what others have worked up with it. The ladies seemed familiar with this forum and one even knew I was speaking of you. My hubby is always amazed by the conversions I carry on each time we go out and I'm asked about a piece of jewelry that either I've made or purchased from another artist. Got to love him for hanging out with me during these adventures.

Old 2010-02-21, 4:42pm

Oh Donia! Thank you so much! I sent you a pm!
I just wanted to let everyone know that my computer crashed or something and I had to remove my tutorials from my Etsy shop because I can't send them out with out it. I will let everyone know when I get them listed again and I'm hoping its going to be soon but I've been saying that for 11 days now. LOL! I may have to buy a new computer if I can't get this one fixed but I have my fingers and toes crossed that it can be fixed. Thank you all so much!

My Facebook
Old 2010-02-27, 4:52pm
The Andrea Half

This is a very well-done tutorial. I really hate getting them and finding that the punctuation and grammar are bad --but this one was professionally thought out and put together. Three cheers for Julie!

Here's my first heart fibula. I stuck to the tut for this one, save that I had to use 24 gauge instead of 26 gauge in places, and I was out of 28 ga. copper, so I used dark annealed steel for a steampunk look. It kinks easily, so I need to make my weaving wire shorter to compensate.

Last edited by FourTailsLampwork; 2010-02-27 at 4:55pm.