TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-06-15, 6:38pm
Is it May yet?

Default Nortel Mid-Range

Does any one have any experience with this torch? Can it be run on one oxycon? I don't know the PSI it puts out, but it is a Puritan Bennett Companion 492a, 5 LPM. How is this torch compared to a mini cc?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-06-16, 5:51am
ManBearPig

I have one. No, it won't run well on a single 5LPM concentrator. I ran mine okay on two AirSep Newlife (5LPM) concentrators, but it was probably 50-60% of the flame I could get on oxygen. That torch is about 3-4 times the size of a Mini CC. If you get the MidRange Plus (which I have) it has a Minor top flame, which is roughly the same size as a Mini CC. You can use the top flame and bottom flame at the same time, or independently of each other.

It depends on what you are making, however. I didn't have a problem getting the flame hot, but it was difficult to get a large, neutral flame. There just wasn't enough oxygen there unless I turned the flame down. The Minor part ran very well on the two concentrators, however...

Old 2006-06-16, 6:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
I have one. No, it won't run well on a single 5LPM concentrator. I ran mine okay on two AirSep Newlife (5LPM) concentrators, but it was probably 50-60% of the flame I could get on oxygen. That torch is about 3-4 times the size of a Mini CC. If you get the MidRange Plus (which I have) it has a Minor top flame, which is roughly the same size as a Mini CC. You can use the top flame and bottom flame at the same time, or independently of each other.

It depends on what you are making, however. I didn't have a problem getting the flame hot, but it was difficult to get a large, neutral flame. There just wasn't enough oxygen there unless I turned the flame down. The Minor part ran very well on the two concentrators, however...

Sending you a PM,
Chris

Old 2006-06-16, 6:54am

i pm'd ya

Old 2006-06-16, 5:22pm
Is it May yet?

Thanks, Cosmo and lainee733! I am gonna go ahead and get the torch, and will probably get a tank to run it on.

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life