Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-06-16, 5:27am

Default Setting up my Bobcat.

I will be setting up my new Bobcat torch soon. I have been using a HH for the last few years. My question is, how deep should my work area be. With the HH the flame was kind of verticle and the depth of the space wasn't an issue. Since I don't want to burn down the place I thought I would ask.
Thanks,
Cate
Old 2006-06-16, 7:33am
boro color bender

3-4 feet is acceptable for most situations. It's better to be safe than sorry here. You should look into setting up a nonflamable backdrop. Cement board works well and it's cheap. Check at Home Depot or similar stores.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-06-16, 12:44pm
ManBearPig

Yeah. I use cement board as well. You can get it at Lowe's, Home Depot, and other places in the flooring department. You use it under ceramic tile. It's also called "hardibacker" or "hardi-board". It comes in big sheets, but you can cut it with a utility knife.

Old 2006-06-16, 3:46pm

Thanks guys. I use the cement board under my fusing kilns and I probably have some lying around here somewhere. I will have to extend the bench I am working at now.
Cate