Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-06-21, 6:12am
No longer a Member

Superkitty......
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
......If you think you got Bulls eye in the 104 mix.......that would maybe
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cause issues.......lol.....

I have not had cracking issues with the soft glasses, though with what I've learned from the Boro....I do now have my kiln set a bit higher.......just to be on the safe side

(in the beginning......I had no kiln......and I used to make these beads and cool them in a heated crockpot full of perlite....about 25% of my beads cracked and the rest survived..)...with that bit of info, I'm going to guess it was not the powder.....

Here's a how to stringer tutorial that I've had on youtube for awhile.........maybe this will help?

LMK...

<3 and Thanks

Quote:
Tom, they look like incompatibility cracks. If no one else has had this problem, I am wondering if I got a rod of BE mixed in with my moretti.
Old 2010-06-22, 7:10am
Superkitty

Well, so far the others didn't crack. I'll try pulling a few stringers, putting it in the kiln hotter, and turning up the kiln a bit and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 2010-06-28, 9:05am
Borovangelist

I just wanted to say thank you to Sundance for the gift certificate

It's particularly surprising since I never sent them my address, so they actually tracked me down to get it to me.

Thank you!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2010-07-02, 10:54pm
Oh my!

Is this great offer still available?
Old 2010-07-15, 11:15am

Yes it is!
Email me for details

Old 2010-08-26, 10:07am
Salt Box Beads

Site says you removed the tut?

Quote:
Superkitty......
......If you think you got Bulls eye in the 104 mix.......that would maybe
cause issues.......lol.....

I have not had cracking issues with the soft glasses, though with what I've learned from the Boro....I do now have my kiln set a bit higher.......just to be on the safe side

(in the beginning......I had no kiln......and I used to make these beads and cool them in a heated crockpot full of perlite....about 25% of my beads cracked and the rest survived..)...with that bit of info, I'm going to guess it was not the powder.....

Here's a how to stringer tutorial that I've had on youtube for awhile.........maybe this will help?

LMK...

<3 and Thanks