LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-02-20, 12:40pm

Default Horses Please!!!!

I know this has been asked before.........I'm hoping to see a horse (any kind) of a tutorial, please someone HELP!!! THANKS FOR READING!
Thanks to everyone who have posted their tutorials,each and everyone has been very clear and to the point......ty for taking the time to place them here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pat
Old 2006-02-21, 2:19pm
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

Hi Pat,

I don't know how to make a horse, but I can give you some ideas. First make a big round area for the body (horse color), then add the legs, neck and head. Shape each part correctly as you make it. Then after add the colors for the tail, hooves, mane, eyes and what ever else. The glass cannot get molten after you shape your parts or else your horse will turn into a big blob!

I hope this helps!

This was posted in a previous horse head tutorial. It will give you an idea for that at the very least!
http://www.nightingalegallery.com/ma...horse_bead.htm

If this works post a picture so we can see it!

Alaina

Last edited by mintleaf; 2006-02-21 at 2:24pm.
Old 2006-02-21, 9:04pm

oh wow Alaina................thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my question............. As soon as i can I will try and if it comes out i will Pm it to you so you can see...........thanks so much for the info ) Pat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pat
Old 2006-03-16, 11:02pm
CRAZY4PETS

Red face A horse bead...... kind of LOL LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL Don't know if I should share this pic but I will anyway.

I just started with a fat tube, rolled until smooth, then add legs and hooves, then do the head, mane and tail, eyes, nose and the last added was the ears.

My animals are whimsical which is a nicer way of saying cartoonish LOL LOL LOL, but I had to do quite a few horses to finally get some that actually started looking like horses. Well at least now they resemble horses as my first were really really bad. Blobs with eyes basically, LOL LOL LOL

The only tip and/or trick I learned the hard way was save your details for last. If you do them first, and put the glass back into the flame they all melt smooth again. I also take a razor and make indentations in the tail and mane to make the hair stand out a little better.

Don't know if any of this helps. I should be in bed but am still up viewing posts. LOL

One is a zebra and another is a unicorn but the rest were just playing around trying to get the hang of making Mr Ed and his friends. LOL LOL LOL

Thanks

The first picture is my most recent and the others were made a while ago. I have tried swirls on them, flowers, as well as frit to try jazzing them up a bit.

PAULA

LOVE YOUR PETS AND THEY WILL LOVE YOU BACK
Old 2006-03-16, 11:05pm
CRAZY4PETS

I know, old post from December but maybe you will be back to this someday, LOL LOL LOL Thanks

PAULA

Old 2006-03-17, 9:27am
Where Am I?

I love them they are just so cute. Will you have them on Ebay? I really want one.

Some days you're the dog.
Other days you're the hydrant

phyliss
Old 2006-03-17, 4:04pm

What fun!! There is an amazing tutorial in the Feb/March 2006 Glass Line that shows a sculpted horse being done off mandrel (with moretti, no less). Their website is www.hotglass.com for further info.
Margie
Old 2006-03-20, 1:35pm

OH Paula!!!!! Those are so awesome,that is just what I was looking for! Thank you so very much for sharing this with me (us) You have made my day!! Just hope i can get just close to the shape you have.....I'm gonna try, try............and try somemore!!! I would love to have one of yours!! I would give it the best home!.....again Thanks Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat
Old 2006-03-23, 11:51am
CRAZY4PETS

Talking Horse Beads

Hi Pat and Sassy.

Just PM'd you both. The horse in the first picture in the above post is on Ebay right now the rest were sold. I can make more though in any color combo you want.

To get to my ebay store, click on link in my signature.

I do special requests and custom orders so any color combos or requests are always welcome. Thanks

PAULA

Old 2009-08-21, 12:37am
Baby Beader

Your horses are so adorable!
Old 2009-08-21, 3:25am
BeadsonCypress

Those "ponies" are adorable!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator