LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-04-13, 3:11pm

Default Source for concentrator y-connectors?

Paulette said she no longer sells the y-connections for linking two concentrators together - does anyone know who else might have them? I'm not sure if we can make one or not.

Thanks -

Martha
Old 2006-04-13, 3:29pm
Glassy Lady

www.arrowsprings.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO
Old 2006-04-13, 7:53pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old 2006-04-13, 11:57pm
CedarRiverBeads

I just went to the local hardware store and purchased a brass connector from the plumbing department and spliced it into my hoses. It is more like a T connector but it works fine and it cost less that $2.00.

Old 2006-04-14, 9:52am
Gentleman of Leisure

Go to auto parts and look for plastic, vacuum "T" connectors on the "HELPER" aisle or go to local hardware store and get a barbed "T" connector (plumbing aisle)... Hardware stores also have vinyl tubing at a nominal price per foot... Whole thing should not cost over $5... Just used the plastic barbed adapters on oxy cons (from local medical oxy supplier)...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2006-04-14, 3:35pm

Hmmm I did all that and came up one thing short. I have christmas tree connectors to connect the hosing to the two concentrator, a y-connector that allows you to run the tubing together and extra tubing to connect to the bottom of the y-connector. However, I cannot seem to find an adaptor to fit into the end of the tubing that will allow me to screw in the threaded end of the oxy hose. I tried the local hardware store, Home Deport and the auto stor and none so far have that and their t-connectors are threaded to work with the oxy hose either.

Seriously ticked off here - I just wanted to torch hot this weekend and do a lot before a show next weekend. Doesn't matter - I've been told I will need to work on two tax returns or extensions for OTHER people this weekend.

Martha

Last edited by CarolinaDreamDesigns; 2006-04-14 at 3:37pm.
Old 2006-04-14, 4:07pm

I got mine from Justin and he shipped it really fast....like 2 days. I esp like this one because it is longer than the other one I have and it allows me to seperate the concentrators a little bit. Probably better for airflow for them.

Old 2006-04-15, 7:45am

Hey Martha,

I know the threaded connector you need screw your oxy hose on to. If you want, I can send one to you. This way you wont have to run all over town to find one, and you'll have it in like a day since you're just in NC and im in VA. Let me know if you're interested. Send me a PM or something

Old 2006-04-15, 11:17am

Maybe try your local welding shop if its a standard welding hose Y your looking for.
B
Old 2006-04-15, 8:38pm
CedarRiverBeads

You can always just cut off the theaded end of your hose and connect the two hoses together with a barbed splicer (from the hardware store) and a couple of host clamps.

Old 2006-04-17, 8:13pm

Justin I just pm'd you.
Ruth