Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign on Ebay

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-09-07, 5:15am

Man oh Man Joe...that's crazy! Nice work.
Old 2010-09-07, 11:11am
boro color bender

Everybody is trying new things... that's so awesome!

Nita, LOVE the seahorse... keep 'em coming love!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-09-07, 11:49am
pyro slacker mom

Lookin' great everyone! Motivates me to re-program the kiln and put the 104 away for another day.

glass color wiki:
Old 2010-09-07, 1:32pm
Torchaholic ;)

Nice Marble Joe!!!

I got a Couple new turtles
Attached Images

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2010-09-08, 9:46am
Salt Box Beads

Oh My GOSH!!! I wish my teeth looked that nice..when I'am ready can you make my dentures for me...????

Nice work everyone. I am inspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
Not always well received in the Gallery, so I thought I kick it off. Show me your glass!

I need to get some corks!

A colab with Ben Burton & Mike Shelbo
Old 2010-09-08, 3:26pm
Torchaholic ;)

Flowers and another turtle!
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-08, 3:32pm
Torchaholic ;)

cont...
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-09, 11:45am
Glassy Broad :-)

only one thing from me yesterday.
But I like it...
Brent, one of these days I'm seriously going to have to pick your brain about this wonderful glass
Hugs
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-09-09, 3:19pm

Default New beads made this month...so far.

Catherine Napier Designs
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-10, 1:12am

Ok, one more serendipity seahorse.
And if you look really really close, you can see....
PINK!
Hugs
Nita

Old 2010-09-10, 7:10am
ManBearPig

Haven't posted anything in a while because.... well, to be honest, I've been too busy to have time to make anything. But, I did want to post something that my wife made. I made the glass, and she did the silver work...

•
•
•
Old 2010-09-10, 9:01am

Oh Cosmo, that's beautiful! I love the silver work!
Do you do colabs often? You really should, amazing
Hugs,
Nita

Old 2010-09-10, 9:12am
pyro slacker mom

Nita's right Cosmo - I LOVE the way your wife did the silver bit - and the glass bit is pretty awesome too!

Nita, your seahorses are absolutely terrific - they each have so much personality!

Catherine, the beads are really lovely, and Brayjr4484, your work is great - love the functional (?) flowers!

glass color wiki:
Old 2010-09-10, 10:22am

volcanic skull =)

Old 2010-09-10, 10:49am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitadee View Post
Oh Cosmo, that's beautiful! I love the silver work!
Do you do colabs often? You really should, amazing
Hugs,
Nita
We've been doing more and more of them. We're hoping to have a few done to put up on my web site soon. We've had a lot of people ask for them.

•
•
•
Old 2010-09-10, 9:08pm
ManBearPig

A pendant I did tonight. My wife is taking a soldering class, so I've been messing around with soldering myself.

Some marble stands I have been working on (not my marble though - it's a Josh Simpson from my collection).

•
•
•
Old 2010-09-10, 10:45pm

Oh Cosmo, those rock! I just don't have the strength in my hands any more to do wire work, but the stands are crazy good! And the pendant is awesome also,
Please keep up your great work!!!
Hugs,
Nita

Old 2010-09-11, 6:23pm

Ok my stuff in no way compares to all the wonderful goodies you guys have shared but this is only my second time playing with boro and my first time posting here.

A couple BHB
Attached Images

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-09-11, 8:15pm

Oh Donna those are so pretty!
Here I have all three serendipity seahorses, on a second heating cycle...getting better colors...might try another one
Hugs, Nita

Old 2010-09-12, 10:48am
ManBearPig

Some new stuff. Sorry the pictures are sort of blurry. I'd take new pictures but these are already gone to their new home...

•
•
•
Old 2010-09-12, 11:58am
Attack of the Snuggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Joe that may very well be some of the most fantastic fume work i've ever seen! Beautiful!
You aren't shitting! Damn Joe the the most colorful fume job I've ever seen!

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts
Old 2010-09-12, 1:14pm

Default First Boro Hearts

My first attempts playing with boro. It is all Brent's fault! LOL! His wonderful hearts finally got to me....the shorts helped too. Thanks again Brent.
Please feel free to critique, I am not at all sensitive.

Colleen

Old 2010-09-13, 4:56am
Senior Moment

Cosmo,
Beautiful! What size are they?

Old 2010-09-13, 5:21am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysa View Post
Cosmo,
Beautiful! What size are they?
They aren't that big. In the 8-10" tall range I believe. I'm working with a smaller kiln, so I'm limited as to how big I can make them.

•
•
•
Old 2010-09-13, 8:00am
ILERNTITBYWATCHINU

beautiful work as always. this is definatley my favorite thread here.

damn cosmo, your wife's silver work is awesome. been working on a similar design lately, but mine are nowhere near that nice.

havent posted in a while. here's a vase and an oil candle from last week.
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-14, 11:36am

It's not the best picture (taken on a phone!) but I haven't been able to convince Kevin to take pictures of any of his stuff so far and I thought I'd post his fish before they go to their new home.

These are the first two fish he's ever made and while he hates them because they aren't perfect I think they are great!
Old 2010-09-14, 11:01pm
Enjoying Life

A friend found a nest and asked for eggs, so I made some.

Old 2010-09-15, 4:19am
boro color bender

Sweet!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-09-15, 5:50am
the german guy

cool make a clear egg wit something trapped in it
Old 2010-09-15, 9:31am

Default A few items

A blue heart for the Indianapolis Colts and a silver fumed pendant.
Attached Images

Download Bails Made Easy & Homefill adapter tutorials free.